NFL (Stern 2001) – WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/nfl-stern-2001-wip/

WIP only from me.  I don’t intend on doing anything more with this myself.

This started from the vp9 49er’s table that Xenonph put out.  I thought I would make something a bit updated for VPX.  I couldn’t find any reasonable resources for the default Stern table, so this still has a “49ers” theme.  I made a half-assed redraw of the actual playfield and made some quick models to give it some better visuals. I redid all the objects on the playfield for size and position to be accurate – ish.

There is an option in the script to turn on/off Xenonphs audio mods.  I made a half attempt at DOF support, but didn’t know what I was doing so it may or may not work for that.

It needs work. I give it a 70% effort on my part.

oh yeah: portrait cab for FS settings and all that business…

2 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Slidepoint does look good. thanks :good:

Should be interesting this sunday Vikings/Chargers in new stadium that they say is so loud in the new stadium you will suffer hearing loss

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

Looks very good, thank you for the beta.

TXT11
          Participant
            @txt11

Thank you for this!! :good:   Can I ask anyone for their Cab settings to get this table filling the screen….  I’m stumped without losing half the apron etc.  Also, does anyone know what needs to be added to the script to be able to rotate the DMD?  I copied a rotate command from another table but it didn’t work….  Appreciate anyone’s feedback.

Bob Albright
            Participant
              @bobalbright

Plus one on Txt11’s post. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

I wound up just copying settings from another table as a base. Not posting those settings because it is not like it is anywhere near perfect but it’s a good enough tip for users to start there own custom configuration. I just set the table up in my cab because I did not have this one installed before, but maybe it will get polished further at some point.

I did change the rom setting to display the 49’rs logo. Key 7 gets into the service menu and is the “Enter” key. Key 8 and 9 changes the direction of the cursor in the service menu. Adj => NFL => Adjustment 54: HOST TEAMS – toggle the direction keys until you get to your team of choice and key 7 to enter the change.

The DMD colorization for the 49’rs is set in the script, but still need to go into the VPM game settings and check Colorize DMD (4 colors) for the colors to take effect.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

@hauntfreaks always has good settings but i just use his from another table if he dont post them

for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

Some real irony is that I use the BG from wildman which is Raiders.  :unsure:

-Mike

ICPjuggla
                      @icpjuggla
                      MembervipModerator

Nice job on this table sliderpoint.. Thank you :-)

@hauntfreaks
                      we need your FS setting’s magic values…

To be honest when ever you post them I normally change my tables too b/c your settings always look great..

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

I dont do mods on sports table…. LOL…LOL!!!

BOOO team sports!!

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

PFFT! Vikings won.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

TXT11
                          Participant
                            @txt11

OK, table settings aside, does anyone know what needs to be added to the script to be able to rotate the DMD?  Mine is permanently vertical and there is no ROL = 1 in the script…??? :wacko:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I would look but I’m not home. Had to make a Home Depot run. If no answer when I check back I will look but you should be able to just add missing rot to script

for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
                              Participant
                                @sliderpoint
                                MemberContributor

I’d say at about line 381, insert a new line that says:

Controller.Games(“nfl”).Settings.Value(“rol”) = 1

-Mike

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Can you make this table play national anthem? ;) crazy what’s going on

for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

I honestly haven’t looked at the other mods xenonph does, I don’t particularly like football. But if he goes to that effort to find audio clips for each team, that’s a lot of work. And the tackle sounds in the pops are actually pretty good, probably should have been in the stern audio.

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Thanks for the table Sliderpoint, this one is quite fun to play. Before I was ignoring Xenoph’s tables because they are vp9s.  The different mods are interesting ways of customization.

If someone could get Xenoph on VP10 we could have a bunch more of his tables flooding the downloads section  ;-)

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-wont-stand-for-the-nat-1785873198/amp?client=safari

for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
                                        Participant
                                          @sliderpoint
                                          MemberContributor

Thanks for the table Sliderpoint, this one is quite fun to play. Before I was ignoring Xenoph’s tables because they are vp9s. The different mods are interesting ways of customization. If someone could get Xenoph on VP10 we could have a bunch more of his tables flooding the downloads section ;-)

I’ve talked to him.  He doesn’t currently have a new enough computer to run VP10.  He said he is working on it, when the time comes, I’m sure he’ll get to work.

-Mike

Jodannar
                                          Participant
                                            @jodannar

I think the ultimate way to do his team mods in VP10, if he were to do them would be a single table with a flag/select list to swap all the imagery and team sounds out. Would be 1 Large table, but would be easier to maintain moving forward for changes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?