No DMD Device driver found

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bob Albright
    Participant
      @bobalbright

I recently upgraded my piname dll to the latest sam version and installed the latest VPX. I’m now getting a message when I launch a table “No dmd device driver found”. Tables and backglass load but won’t play. What to do? I posted on VPF as well and have not had any responses that solve my problem. Also contacted Paul at Virtuapin and got no help there (probably should not have mentioned anything about using the Sam dll). Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I looked at Pindmd through control panel and it says it is working properly. When I run the “test” program from the Pinmame folder I do not see anything on the dmd, but I hear sounds. It’s a Pindmd2, by the way and I’m running XP. Cab was working fine up until the latest attempted update. Sure could use some help! Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I seen this come up a few times now in pm’s I don’t own a pindmd3 but I have a pin2dmd and had to manually copy dmddevice.dll from toxie build for my device.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Paulo Carvalho
        Participant
          @paulohotline

FYI: the fix for my error was adding dmddevice.dll for pinDMDv2 in my vpinmame directory. This fixed the error with VPM 2.8!

Download vpinmame_sam_2.45.zip from here and unzip dmddevice.dll for pinDMDv2 into your vpinmame directory.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/

That should fix this error. Good luck.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
          http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
          "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Johngreve
          Participant
            @johngreve

Bob,

I am in the same boat as you. go to VPU and check out the thread about “Code change to enable SAM LE drive board support”

I believe DJROBX just posted the answer but for a guy like me its never easy.

There is a link to that thread in the new Walking Dead table on this site.

Johngreve
            Participant
              @johngreve

You know, I am always confused what version of Pin DMD I have. How does one know?

I have a two monitor setup with an actual real pinball DMD display. I see that there are 4 versions in the SAM 2.45 download. Any idea which one I use?

Thanks!

Bob Albright
              Participant
                @bobalbright

Thanks guys for your replies. I’m surprised I have not noticed that this is an issue for others as well. Paulo—I downloaded the 2.45 version from the link you provided and pasted it into the VPMame directory. No longer do I get “DMD device driver not found”. Now I get “Pin2DMD not found”. So–I think I’ve made some progress, but something still isn’t configured correctly. Any other ideas? Thanks

Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

Thanks again guys for your help! After playing a few games having solved the DMD device driver not found and progressing to pin2dmd not found, I was finding problems with the flippers (unresponsive and sometimes sticking). Fortunately just a few days before having my issues, I had copied the whole Visual Pinball folder to my desktop (just in case of issues like this), so I have decided to forget about Sam tables and just move on with an installation that works. I also realized that my cab is not hooked up to internet, so I couldn’t post a screen shot for you to look at. Really appreciate all the gurus out there who have answered many questions for me in the last 5 years. Merry Christmas to all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?