No Good Gofers (Williams 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Clark Kent
    Participant
      @clarkkent
      MemberContributor

I never played the real machine. But I noticed that, too. I’ll have a look at this. Maybe there have to be more space between the inlanes and the flippers. I’ll investigate.

Edit: changed flipper strength 2600 (instead of 2400) and friction 0,8 (instead of 0,7). I managed to shot the left and even once the right ramp with the right flipper.

A quote from the PAPA video (tutorial part 1), about 6:35: the right flipper can’t shoot the center ramp.

Updated the link.

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Good to know.  Thanks for checking on that.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Zorb
        Participant
          @zorb36

Thanks for the great table. However as a desktop user there is no DMD (inc. not in other windows in the background) running this either in 10.1 or 10.2 beta) and none of Drybonz’s tips work, the registry entry is already 1.  I’ve never had this problem before, usually its just that DMD is in its own window offscreen and can be dragged back.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Another ripper table ! Plays great, looks great, sounds great .. just no DMD ? what have I (f) mucked up ?? :) Cheers, al

Hey Al… you can hit F1 to bring up the options to show the DMD, or you can go into the registry entry for the table and change “showwindmd” to “1”. If your DMD is off the screen somewhere you can just delete the registry entry for the game and that will basically reset it (probably the easiest if nothing else works). So that is a few things you can try to get it back. There is definitely a DMD for the table.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

Thanks for the great table. However as a desktop user there is no DMD (inc. not in other windows in the background) running this either in 10.1 or 10.2 beta) and none of Drybonz’s tips work, the registry entry is already 1. I’ve never had this problem before, usually its just that DMD is in its own window offscreen and can be dragged back.

Line 268 in the script overrides those settings, make sure it says hidden=0, or just delete or comment out the line it’s not needed.

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

So many VPX tables with extremely great visual quality and yet somehow this table stands above them. I think it may because it doesn’t feel contrast boosted or exaggerated in any way. To me this is a new benchmark. Looking forward to whatever you do next, bodydump.

Ben Logan2
                Participant
                  @benlogan2

The gofers look especially great. Their movement is realistic too.

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

The gofers look especially great. Their movement is realistic too.

Well they should, they are 3D scans of the real thing courtesy of randr.

3dcreation

Clark Kent
                    Participant
                      @clarkkent
                      MemberContributor

Hip hip hooray for randr! :) I wonder if he could also provide a CV translite scan? ;)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I have the pinball I can do that. When you say scan you mean? I could do I high res picture or scan it in sections?

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Clark Kent
                        Participant
                          @clarkkent
                          MemberContributor

Scan in sections, a simple picture is always optical distorted. I can stitch the single parts together, have done that over and over for the last few years… :) Looking almost an eternity for a good CV backglass scan… :)

If all goes well I will get an cruse scan of the NGG backglass (hard to scan with a regular scanner). So we can get a good dB2S soon! :)

As you also have NGG: Can you take a photo from the upper right flipper from straight above – one with the flipper in rest position and one when pressed. I think that the angle is too wide as it’s normally 50 degrees and in the release it’s 55 – it’s almost impossible to shoot the ramp. Tried 200/250 and it’s much better (link updated).

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

I will scan CV  in sections. Ngg was burning gas 2 years ago

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

maybe i’m miss reading this… the CV BG needs a scan?…. i made a 4k BG for this last year

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11429  <—-working b2s with the 4k image

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11431 <—- non working b2s with 4k image

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I don’t think I have that even. Must have missed it

for IOS and Android

Drybonz
                                Participant
                                  @drybonz

maybe i’m miss reading this… the CV BG needs a scan?…. i made a 4k BG for this last year

If that backglass gets any more hi res I’m not going to be able to run that table… lol

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

If that backglass gets any more hi res I’m not going to be able to run that table… lol

Ha!

for IOS and Android

Clark Kent
                                    Participant
                                      @clarkkent
                                      MemberContributor

But we never had a scan. Only photos.

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

If someone can get a crisper image with a scan without having to go through too much hassle I say go for it. I’m all about an upgrade.

HauntFreaks
                                          @hauntfreaks
                                          vipContributorMember

did someone say crisper ??   :bye:

ICPjuggla
                                            @icpjuggla
                                            MembervipModerator

I don’t see why someone would waist there time when the one HauntFreaks made is incredible. Can’t really get any better than that in my opinion.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 129 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?