NOBS (BorgDog 2016)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you BorgDog and Arngrim !

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I used a backdrop from one of borgs other builds here

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Been a while since I’ve made an update, got busy with other things, but back on this now.

Have all the servos mounted and working in the game, two for the outlane gates, and 1 for the roto-target.  I believe I have all the features in the game working the way I want them to, just some tweaking to do.  I have figured out a method for doing the cribbage board scoring lights and have the hardware to make them happen and have it all scripted, next step is to prototype that setup.

Here is a little video of the current state.  This is pretty rough whitewood, inserts are not nicely leveled so play is pretty rough, and have not dialed in all the coils yet so flippers seem a little weak and pops and sling seem a little strong, but everything is working.

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Unbelievable. This is a really exciting project to follow. Thanks for the update!

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Will watch video tonight after work but looking good from a quick peak! Very impressive to say the least

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Thank you for the update. Like Bord. Thoroughly enjoy seeing updates on this project. Designing your own EM with rules and then just making it come to life like this is super impressive. Please continue to keep us updated !  :good: :yes:

Scottacus
                Participant
                  @scottacus
                  MembervipContributor

I see you fixed the hold coil issue on your flippers, what did that turn out to be?  Are you going to use the Close Encounters segment displays for scoring in the back box or are you using some sort of display like on your test bed?

As always awesome job DB, watching this come to life is super fun!

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

for now i’m bypassing the hold coils, basically using them like single coil with the software pwm-ing them for hold, will revisit that at some point but moved on to more important things.

would love to use the CE segment displays, but that adds a lot of complication, especially the original as it needs about 3 voltages including 69v to run them, then need to figure out how to talk to them. replacement led’s for them would work with the voltages I have (I think) but still how to talk to them. so for version 1 fully built it will use that display that is currently in there, decased behind the backglass.  I made my own 10 segment font to look like the gottlieb originals, pretty limited font set and not perfect but what I need for this project, basically all upper-case letters, numbers, underscore and maybe a couple others.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

Just a little update.  If you remember the chain of scoring lights on the VP table, I’m building those into the real one as well.  I now have all the lights scripted and the hardware hooked up.  Here is a little video in attract mode.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Wow. All very impressive stuff!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

So here is a quick mock up of what I ultimately plan on doing with the scoring lights.  This was inspired by The Last Starfighter homebrew pinball on pinside by pinteresting and friends(thread here), where he came up with the idea of using fiber optics to light up the motel sign like in the movie.  So, yes, my plan is to use fiber optics to bring the lights from those 8×8 grids to the “cribbage board” on the playfield and track game scoring with them.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Genius! You sir are sick but I like it :yes:

for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                            Participant
                              @scottacus
                              MembervipContributor

Very cool BD!  I wonder if  a mask grid would keep the adjacent lights from causing glow in their neighboring fibers.  It could be a grid of double bored holes with each hole tapped for the fiberoptic cable on one side and bored to enclose the LED on the other with the whole assembly sitting flat on your LED board.

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

Yeah, that’s plan b for the grid, cutting slots is just a lot faster than doing all those holes. I also need to see if there is any heat build up from the led being that enclosed. I didn’t push the fiber all the way down to the led so there is a little gap, I’ll see about closing that down first.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I wouldn’t think heat would be an issue at all.

for IOS and Android

calium
                                  Participant
                                    @calium

is there a working b2s out?

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Should be included with the table…I thought

Edit:

Is included with table  :good:

for IOS and Android

Brett
                                      Participant
                                        @bpjacobsen

I just downloaded the current version. running on 10.6 beta. The ball will not load. Sounds like maybe an object is blocking it? Have not yet really learned how to figure this type of stuff out. any suggestions?

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Hmm. That sounds like the ramp issues. Some months back devs made changes to how ramps work and 3-4 tables was reported giving problems. I find it however odd that you say you have it for this table. Or, maybe I’ve fixed it locally and forgot about it. I know it is only a couple of weeks since I ran this ( and actually the previous version too ) without problems. I’m sure BorgDog doesn’t mind – do this copy work for you ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1eidf0vk0zogr9/Nobs%20%28BorgDog%202016%29%201.2.vpx?dl=0

• just verified this one to work on my end.
                                          Brett
                                          Participant
                                            @bpjacobsen

downloaded from the link you gave but there was no vpx file?? Just two folders with a bunch of files in them.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?