Off to a good start but will need help soon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Arcade
    Participant
      @ardcade

Slowly getting back into the swing of things here.

I will use this thread to get help putting the new VPX tables on my old VP9 cabinet I built some years ago.

It is a two screen cabinet, with a pindmd2 running real DMD. I am waiting for my Nvidia 750TI to arrive before I get started with it. It is a very simple cabinet with no DOF or any other lighting or coils.

Meanwhile I am downloading tables and getting them to run on my desktop PC with the necessary roms.

So far I have downloaded 50 tables and managed to get 48 of them running. The only two from this site that refuse to load are X-Men and PotC. I know it has to do with the roms as I get a controller error on each one of them. On X-Men I’m sure I have the correct LE rom labeled “xmn_151” but still get controller error.  With PotC it does not tell me what rom it is looking for but the script makes it look like “potc_600as” but still a no go with that. Any help on these two tables would be appreciated.

I’m sure I will have a million questions once I get started with my cabinet so I decided to start this thread and get out of the welcome area.  I do have 130 VP9 tables up and running with directDbs and one of the front ends. But I have not added a table in 2 years so I am very rusty at all of this again.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Well, your are not a newbie – so, this should be easy to explain.

1) http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573 <- all in one installer really works – use it !
        2) http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11572
        3) http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/ <- explains your xmen problem
        4) http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2933-sambuild29-beta-thread/

Since you have Pin2DMD …

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/

Color patched roms, requires you to be updated. And current Metallica, might still crash if you don’t use DJRobX’ vpinballx.exe until 10.3 beta run starts. Dmddevice.dll – seems net framework 4.6.1 might be a good idea to have, and it still developed so, don’t expect it to be perfect yet. Fullscreen gives better performance – ddraw = 0 is something you should keep in mind. Make sure PF and B2S runs on same Hz. at91jit might be your friend, but sometime I at least need to disable it ( read. Metallica again ) and since I’m getting old I don’t remember which other.

I’m sure I forgot something – but, should get you almost there I believe.

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

For your SAM roms….

This is probably not the case but on the off chance….if your using winRAR (like I do) you need to make sure to set the archive type to .zip, as .rar isn’t supported.

3dcreation

Arcade
          Participant
            @ardcade

Thanks for the great ideas on X-Men and PotC.

However I’m pretty sure all of that is correct. I used the all in one installer and updated the latest Sam vbs and programs. I am also Zipping the files not rar.

So far the following Stern tables run just fine:  (Metallica Pro and LE, Tron, Avatar, Iron Man, Lord of the Rings, Mustang and Spider-Man.)

Only X-Men gives me the controller error as well as Pirates.

My new 750TI video card is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so that should be fun. :)

Arcade
            Participant
              @ardcade

Got my brand new Nvidia 750TI installed today.  Now all my regular games are playing awesome maxed out, so yay.

But VPX is playing like crap. What the hell?  The whole reason I got it was to help VPX. So I am going to need to know what all of you 750TI owners have done to make these tables playable. It is actually playing worse then my old ATI 5670 Direct X 11 card did with VP. As soon as any flasher goes off it brings my system to it’s knees. My other specs are an AMD 950 Phenom II at 3.20 GHz and 16GB of ram.

I have turned down the quality slider bar all the way and no effect. Glad I decided to try this out on my desktop before attempting to upgrade my cabinet.

I also read that Force exclusive full screen mode would help. However it just causes havoc on my system. Screen goes completely black and pressing Alt-Tab has no effect. I have to CTRL Alt DEL and shut down VP to get any kind of control back.

I have now tried every setting I can think of. Even disabled Windows defender, made sure my monitor was 60Hz, just running a stripped down simple desktop mode with no B2s or second monitors and the damn thing still stutters way to much.

EM tables play great. Maybe I should just have an EM only cabinet. lol

Even Congo that played smooth as butter on my old ATI card is a stuttery mess now.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Fullscreen and your black screen is related to what I told you before. ddraw.

I have a 750TI – 4G VRam, I need to turn off 4x anti aliasing, for that I should probably upgrade to a 1060 or better.

Drivers from your producer or directly from Nvidia ?

Arcade
                Participant
                  @ardcade

Fullscreen and your black screen is related to what I told you before. ddraw. I have a 750TI – 4G VRam, I need to turn off 4x anti aliasing, for that I should probably upgrade to a 1060 or better. Drivers from your producer or directly from Nvidia ?

Changed ddraw and ran table in Forced full screen mode. No Help. It is just a crappy as the windowed version. :(

And I got my drivers from Geforce.com. I believe they are 378.78 for Win 10 64bit.

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

@arcade can you take a screen shot of your vp10 video settings and share it? will offer a good hint what might be wrong

Like Thalamus said above uncheck the “enable 4x brute force anti aliasing”  That will be the leading candidate to bring a system to it’s knees

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?