Old Chicago (Bally (1975)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Loserman76
    Participant
      @loserman76
      vipMemberContributor

Old Chicago (Bally (1975)

VPX conversion

Artwork done by GNance

Original art by Popotte
      others to thank: JPSalas, Pinuck, hauntfreaks, Borgdog, Arngrim

in addition to the “standard” keys (typically “1” to start game and “5” for coin), I’ve added “3” as another coin input and “4” for coin and auto-start game (like I recall the dime slots generally were) to simulate 3 coin slots

when game is not in progress, holding down left flipper for about 3-5 seconds will bring up the options menu. left flipper selects item, right flipper changes option.

I’ve also included shadows for the ball and flippers. If you want to turn them off look for these lines at the beginning of the script:

Const ShadowFlippersOn = true
      Const ShadowBallOn = true

change to false if you want either of the shadows not showing on your tables

5 users thanked author for this post.
      STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

Thanks Man, i Need a break … 404 atm. for this, whatever, it is 3 AM here in Europe … continue tomorrow :yes:

Did we ever had this – so much Tables B-)  … simply Great what you do here :good:

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

Download lol … hey this one reminds me on “Blue Max”, was next to another Machine anywhere,
          maybe you have Ressources for Blue Max too ? …

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Tilt while the flippers are up and it become an annoying sound for the rest of the game as they don’t turn off when tilt is issued.

Missing some soundoff(“buzz”) I guess.

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Try editing lines 491 and 498. Something like: If keycode = LeftFlipperKey Then

Right now it is only sending a stop buzz command if the game is being played and not tilted.

Loserman76
              Participant
                @loserman76
                vipMemberContributor

ah yes, the buzz sound. might be something I need to globally update – that or y’all need to be more gentle :-)

I’ll check the code and post an update shortly.

Peter222
                Participant
                  @swietlikowa

A brilliant table, with all the rest as well – thanks!
                  As for me, the bumpers are a little too loud, is it possible to turn down the bumpers themselves in the script?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

It is, but, it is probably easier to open up the sound manager. Then find the bumper sound. Mark them. Then press the “position” button, that in this case has a misleading name. You find a volume slider there. Be aware. you at least had to do a save and full exit and reload before it sticks as it should. Not sure if that bug has been fixed yet.

Peter222
                    Participant
                      @swietlikowa

and I learned something again – thank you! I looked there earlier but in fact I was confused by the name “position”, I didn’t think it was about volume :)
                      …and it turns out that I didn’t mean bumpers but chimes ;)

RetroMan
                      Participant
                        @retroman

Thanks for this fantastic recreation! Old Chicago was designed by Greg Kmiec. He had a “signature” by putting 1 red post somewhere in his designs. In OC, this is the right post of the spinner. Source: https://www.jeff-z.c…st/redpost.html ; I own an OC and I can confirm this post is red.

I noticed the sounds in this recreation are different than those from my OC.

Can I be of any help with pictures, samples, docs?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?