P-ROC Installer Tutorial

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    ttrenkner
    Participant
      @ttrenkner

ninuzzu,

It’s ttrenkner again. I ran the command you suggested and then Step 1, which failed with the same error as before and is as follows:

This will install P-ROC 1.01, please wait

Installazione del P-ROC 1.01, si prega di attendere
      Extracting P-ROC folder
      Extracting MinGW
      Installation FAILED. Exiting….
      Press any key to continue . . .

After that, I generated the following ymal-install log:
      C:\WINDOWS\system32>PATH=C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin;C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\MinGW\bin

C:\WINDOWS\system32>setlocal

C:\WINDOWS\system32>md C:\P-ROC\yaml-cpp-0.2.5\bin
      A subdirectory or file C:\P-ROC\yaml-cpp-0.2.5\bin already exists.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd C:\P-ROC\yaml-cpp-0.2.5\bin

C:\P-ROC\yaml-cpp-0.2.5\bin>C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin\cmake -G “MinGW Makefiles” ..
      — Configuring done
      — Generating done
      — Build files have been written to: C:/P-ROC/yaml-cpp-0.2.5/bin

C:\P-ROC\yaml-cpp-0.2.5\bin>C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make
      [ 79%] Built target yaml-cpp
      [ 96%] Built target run-tests
      [100%] Built target parse

C:\P-ROC\yaml-cpp-0.2.5\bin>C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin\cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=C:\MinGW -P cmake_install.cmake
      — Install configuration: “”
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/lib/libyaml-cpp.dll.a
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/bin/libyaml-cpp.dll
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/conversion.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/emitter.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/emittermanip.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/exceptions.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/iterator.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/mark.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/node.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/nodeimpl.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/nodereadimpl.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/nodeutil.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/noncopyable.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/null.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/ostream.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/parser.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/stlemitter.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/stlnode.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/traits.h
      — Up-to-date: C:/MinGW/include/yaml-cpp/yaml.h

C:\P-ROC\yaml-cpp-0.2.5\bin>pause

I think both these logs are the same as the previous ones that I generated.

ninuzzu
      Participant
        @ninuzzu
        vipMember

So STEP 1 fails extracting MinGW?? Thats’ strange, it means the archive is corrupted.

The yaml-cpp is correctly installed, from what i see in the log.

Are you able to manually extract MinGW?

Go to files/content and extract the archive MinGW.7z in your desktop. If no errors occur, copy the MinGW folder in C:

Next run libpinproc-install.bat (in C:\P-ROC\scripts) and post the log .

We will continue with a manual install of the STEP 1 so we can hopefully see were is the error.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

This shows how great Ninuzzu is as the support is amazing. Thanks ninuzzu for everything!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

ttrenkner
          Participant
            @ttrenkner

ninuzzu,

You have the patience of a saint!

Actually, there already was a MinGW folder in the C drive that must have been created at some point while we’ve been troubleshooting. In any event, I went ahead and extracted MinGW.7z to my desktop and attemped to copy it over the existing MinGW folder in C. I got a message that the MinGW bin folder wouldn’t copy because it was in use. I restarted and tried again with the same result. I then went ahead and ran libpinproc-install.bat. Here’s the log that was generated:
            C:\P-ROC\scripts>PATH=C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin;C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\MinGW\bin

C:\P-ROC\scripts>setlocal

C:\P-ROC\scripts>md C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\bin

C:\P-ROC\scripts>cd C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\bin

C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\bin>C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin\cmake -G “MinGW Makefiles” ..
            — The C compiler identification is GNU 4.9.3
            — The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.9.3
            — Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
            — Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe — works
            — Detecting C compiler ABI info
            — Detecting C compiler ABI info – done
            — Check for working CXX compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
            — Check for working CXX compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe — works
            — Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
            — Detecting CXX compiler ABI info – done
            — Configuring done
            — Generating done
            — Build files have been written to: C:/P-ROC/libpinproc/bin

C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\bin>C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make
            Scanning dependencies of target pinproc
            [ 10%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinproc.dir/src/pinproc.cpp.obj
            [ 20%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinproc.dir/src/PRDevice.cpp.obj
            [ 30%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinproc.dir/src/PRHardware.cpp.obj
            Linking CXX static library libpinproc.a
            [ 30%] Built target pinproc
            Scanning dependencies of target pinprocfw
            [ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinprocfw.dir/utils/pinprocfw/pinprocfw.cpp.obj
            [ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinprocfw.dir/utils/pinprocfw/lenval.cpp.obj
            Linking CXX executable pinprocfw.exe
            [ 50%] Built target pinprocfw
            Scanning dependencies of target pinproctest
            [ 60%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinproctest.dir/examples/pinproctest/pinproctest.cpp.obj
            C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\examples\pinproctest\pinproctest.cpp: In function ‘void RunLoop(PRHandle)’:
            C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\examples\pinproctest\pinproctest.cpp:307:9: warning: ‘int usleep(useconds_t)’ is deprecated (declared at c:\mingw\include\unistd.h:126) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
            usleep(10*1000); // Sleep for 10ms so we aren’t pegging the CPU.
            ^
            C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\examples\pinproctest\pinproctest.cpp:307:23: warning: ‘int usleep(useconds_t)’ is deprecated (declared at c:\mingw\include\unistd.h:126) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
            usleep(10*1000); // Sleep for 10ms so we aren’t pegging the CPU.
            ^
            [ 70%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinproctest.dir/examples/pinproctest/drivers.cpp.obj
            [ 80%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinproctest.dir/examples/pinproctest/dmd.cpp.obj
            [ 90%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinproctest.dir/examples/pinproctest/switches.cpp.obj
            [100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pinproctest.dir/examples/pinproctest/alphanumeric.cpp.obj
            Linking CXX executable pinproctest.exe
            [100%] Built target pinproctest

C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\bin>C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin\cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=C:\MinGW -P cmake_install.cmake
            — Install configuration: “”
            — Installing: C:/MinGW/lib/libpinproc.a
            — Installing: C:/MinGW/include/p-roc/pinproc.h

C:\P-ROC\libpinproc\bin>pause

ninuzzu
            Participant
              @ninuzzu
              vipMember

libpinproc is installed.

So basically you can’t copy MinGW into C and overwrite the files. Try to extract the MinGW.7z directly into C:

Maybe this is causing  the install failed during step1. Be sure you extract MinGW correctly into C: before continue.

Anyway now you run this script: it’s a slim version of the step1 (I removed the steps you’ve already done):

Place it in the same directory where the original step1 is and run it.

When finished (without errors hopefully), open a cmd window and type python

You should have access to the python console now.

If everything is OK, run now STEP 2 of the installer.

ttrenkner
              Participant
                @ttrenkner

Your new script, Step 2, and the python cmd seemed to run successfully, but Step 3 still indicated that the install failed. Should I believe that?

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Is anyone smart enough to to figure how to get this to work with python 3.4?

-Mike

CarnyPriest
                  Participant
                    @carnypriest

I don’t know much about Python. But porting over pypinproc and pyprocgame on top of the table game code sounds like a lot of work when the table plays good with the prerequisite Python v2.6 that these code libraries were designed on. What are you trying to accomplish?

Sliderpoint
                    Participant
                      @sliderpoint
                      MemberContributor

This is not for CCC.  This would be for running tables using MPF framework.

-Mike

CarnyPriest
                      Participant
                        @carnypriest

Excluding the option of porting CCC to MPF, it sounds like you will have to have two Python installations: Python 2.6 for CCC and Python 3.4 for MPF. The MPF docs do have some notes for running Python 2 and Python 3 side-by-side. I’m not aware of a COM bridge for MPF to communicate with VP. Not saying I’m the one who can do anything, but are there existing MPF projects that would be interesting to get running with VP? Alternatively, there were some efforts a few months back to incorporate P-ROC support into VPM. Source code is still there but development took a pause.

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

I’m not able to get python 2.6 and 3.4 to work happily next to each other. I’ve seen some info about it out there, but it’s pretty janky.  I don’t know about other MPF projects but I’m building an MPF project and it would be cool to use VP as a test platform.  There is not a com bridge directly to MPF  at this time, but it seems that a lot of the components for the fakepinproc could be used as mpf has full support for p-roc already. I figured the first hurdle would be to get the virtual p-roc controller working in 3.4.  Then work on the hardware configuration files to address the COM.

-Mike

CarnyPriest
                          Participant
                            @carnypriest

toxie has done some backporting of proc sourced code into VPM, but I think it all stems from work done by this guy:

https://github.com/tomlogic

He may be the one to get in touch with as far as developing something with VP and MPF as a platform for building and testing custom tables. Of course, this may not help at all at getting two versions of python to play well together.

ninuzzu
                            Participant
                              @ninuzzu
                              vipMember

Your new script, Step 2, and the python cmd seemed to run successfully, but Step 3 still indicated that the install failed. Should I believe that?

open a cmd window and type python, press enter:

the python console will load, now give these commands:

import pinproc
                              import procgame
                              import pygame
                              print pinproc.EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen

One of these 4 commands should give you an error.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              ttrenkner
                              Participant
                                @ttrenkner

ninuzzu,

The first three commands didn’t return anything. The “print pinproc.EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen” command returned the following error:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
                                (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Tom>python
                                Python 2.6.6 (r266:84297, Aug 24 2010, 18:46:32) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
                                Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.
                                >>> print pinproc.EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen
                                Traceback (most recent call last):
                                File “<stdin>”, line 1, in <module>
                                NameError: name ‘pinproc’ is not defined
                                >>>

ninuzzu
                                Participant
                                  @ninuzzu
                                  vipMember

That’s confusing…

import pinproc

doesn’t give you an error but then it complains about pinproc…

LOL sorry but try to uninstall it again and install from scratch. This time deregister.bat shouldn’t give errors.

ttrenkner
                                  Participant
                                    @ttrenkner

In addition to uninstalling the pythons and running deregister.bat, do you think I should try to delete what I can of the MinGW folder (In the past, some or all of it wouldn’t delete on the ground that it was in use)?

ninuzzu
                                    Participant
                                      @ninuzzu
                                      vipMember

Yes, you have also to delete MinGW and P-ROC folders, as well as Python26.

Mark70
                                      Participant
                                        @mark70

I am very late to the party, I just installed CCC last night for the first time.
                                        And wow it really does worth it, what an amazing work.

I am a bit confused about the DMD settings, I have a 3 screen cab and the DMD is working fine at the backglass. But would it be possible to show the DMD on the 3rd screen like usual? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Pro Tip: after ten beer, the drunk multiball feels like regular gameplay :)

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

I dont have a 3rd screen but i assume you just enter the proper values in the user config file and it would be on 3rd screen

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

CarnyPriest
                                          Participant
                                            @carnypriest

You can use the in-game menu settings, but it is quicker to edit config/user_config.yaml directly.

Size is only controlled through Color Display Pixel Size setting. Possible values are limited to 8, 10, and 14. If none of these give you the result you want then you will also have to change your underlying display resolution.

There is an X Offset setting and a Y Offset setting for positioning the display. The settings do not exactly correspond to display x,y positionings in my experience. So it requires some trial and error.

In other words, it is not the same process at all as VPM.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 110 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?