PBXRecorder 1.5 / SAM tables

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jannek42
    Participant
      @jannek42

Hello everybody,

I´ve recently updated my PBXRecorder from version 1.3 to 1.5. And I´ve also upgraded my VPinMAME SAM build to Version 2.9 beta.
      Now I´m encountering that I cannot record SAM tables anymore. VPX starts, the table will be initialized, but it does not start attract mode and VPX closes just before the recording begins.

I´ve switched back to my former versions (SAM build 2.8b and PBXR 1.3), but still the same behavior. All other tables will be recorded fine – so, PBXR settings seem to be ok.
      Maybe I have to unblock a specific file, which I haven´t unblocked yet?

Does anybody have an idea or hint for me? Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
      Jannek

doogie
      Participant
        @doogie

Are you using colorized roms with those tables?  I had this issue too on the SAM tables using colorized roms, and I had to disable the colorize option in vpinmame in order for the recording to work without VPX closing.  Not sure why this is happening but at least there’s a workaround.

Jannek42
        Participant
          @jannek42

Thanks, doogie! Yes, that´s it… regarding Metallica and Mustang.

“Ok, regarding Metallica Premium and Mustang LE this was related to the patched color DMD ROMs. PBXRecorder don´t like those patched ROMs. Using the regular ROMs solved the issue. But my issue is still valid regarding the Iron Man table where I use the “im_183.zip” ROM. I have no clue why this is happening…”
          I will check the colorize option for Iron Man as well and come back with the status.
          Jannek42
          Participant
            @jannek42

Just gave it try: I´ve unchecked the VPinMAME option “use colorized DMD”. Unfortunatley this changes nothing.

Some issue happens again:

• VPX starts
            • Table will be initialized
            • no attract mode
            • VPX closes before recording starts

Kind regards,

Jannek

PS: Currently I just know about this issue with the Iron Man table. (maybe there are more tables with this issue I´m not aware of…

Jannek42
            Participant
              @jannek42

Just to give feedback: after re-recording all of my tables I´ve encountered that there were several tables with my issue. Some investigations narrowed the problem down to my external DMD. So, I´ve updated the Device.dll again and checked once again to unblock all necessary files. Also, I´ve updated the USB drivers of the Pin2DMD.

Now it´s almost working fine again. Only table(s) where the problem is still existing is JP´s Grand Prix / Nascar Race. But I´ve figured out that I may disable the “External DMD (dll)” option in VPinMAME and then PBXRecorder works proberbly with this table(s) as well. I guess that´s ok for now.

Many thanks for thinking about that issue.

Jannek

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?