Performance problems after recent updates and LE tables

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jack
    Participant
      @breikers

Hi all, I recently upgraded my system with a geforce 750ti graphics card, ssd and windows 10. I updated VPX to the latest version, latest B2S backglass server and the latest VPM as described in the TWD LE thread. The latest VPM resizes my DMD for all my tables. Does anybody have this problem ?

Besides this problem I am having serious ball stutter on the latest LE tables.  The stutter is greater when running pinballx as the frontend. Performance is better running just VPX. Any ideas ? Will Windows 7 be better performance wise ? CPU and memory do not seem to be a problem.

Phil Docker
      Participant
        @dock

I have to be honest here, I tried the 750TI card and was very disappointed.  On paper it looks great – in the end I went with a 3 year old 680gtx card (2gb ddr5) and that runs no problem!    You would assume (as I did) that the higher the number the better it is.

My 680 needs two power supply plugs so its power hungry but the 750ti does not need any extra power….

DJRobX
          @djrobx
          MemberModerator

Performance is better running just VPX. Any ideas ? Will Windows 7 be better performance wise ? CPU and memory do not seem to be a problem.

I had exactly that same problem with PinballX, but upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 solved it on my machine.  Doesn’t make any sense why though.    Someone on the PinballX forum suggested it might be an issue with the .NET framework that the OS upgrade process might have “fixed” in my case.

If you aren’t using True Fullscreen mode, try that.   When I was having that problem on Windows 8 it helped a lot.   But it’s still unknown what the real root cause of that issue is, and I spent a lot of time trying to chase down the cause.    Re-installing Windows 10 might help as a last ditch effort.

I recommend reaching out on the PinballX forum.  Unless more people bring up the issue we’ll have a harder time figuring out the root cause.    I’ve blocked my machine from downloading any updates at this point, I don’t want that bug to come back!

Windows 10 is what Tom recommends for PinballX.    He’ll probably be more likely to help you track the issue down if you’re running Win10.

The only sizing difference there should be is that if you use ddraw=0, it no longer puts black bars around the DMD.

Al
          Participant
            @alandee

I went back to Win7 after upgrade to win 10 as the performance for my system with same graphics card wasn’t as good. ( Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz with 8GB running NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti ) I also struggled with screen sizes interestingly, and it would occasionally change the primary display number which played havoc.

It wasn’t atrocious or anything, but it certainly wasn’t anywhere as smooth as it is running Win7. I still think it was driver related, I’m not sure if that was it for me, but I couldn’t be bothered with the challenge at that stage when I’m far more familiar with win7 anyway, and find it easier to strip back the unnecessary and unwanted parts of win7. To each their own !

Cheers,

al.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Win7 works fine for me too but I was actually considering upgrading to win10 just to be current with os but maybe I won’t now no real reason I guess to upgrade the cab

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Jack
              Participant
                @breikers

Hi Guys, thanks for the reply’s. I must say that i am a bit disappointed in the 750ti but ok. I will post this on the pinballx site also. Think I will revert to windows 7 (still have the hdd) to see if the performance increases. Would a second graphics card for backglass and DMD help ?

Josh
                Participant
                  @osujd

Hi Jack,

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner.  I was having similar issues when I moved to windows 10.  I ended up asking for help and found to key things.  You need to makes sure all .exes for b2s, vpinmame, and vp10 have the compatibility unchecked and you have to make sure that all the exe have an exception for Windows Defender.  Once I did that my system was completely stutter free.  It runs better now then it ever did in Win 7.

Jack
                  Participant
                    @breikers

Hi Josh, I will look into that. Thx. Worth a try. Will let you know what the results are.

Jack
                    Participant
                      @breikers

Hi Josh, i disabled realtime scanning for the windows defender (to permanently disable it you have to create a local policy or do a registry hack) but that did not make much difference. All .exe files have compatibility disabled.

I set the video settings to true full screen and that seemed to do the trick. No more ball stutter. I will do some more tests, try Windows 7 also and will let you know. Thanks again.

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores
                        MemberModerator

Anyone noticed a performance jump with VPX rev2881?  I’m running smooth with higher video options set than I have ever been able to set before. :)

Umpa
                        Participant
                          @umpa

It all does seem to work good I just don’t have any GI lighting on the LE tables! Any suggestions?

Jack
                          Participant
                            @breikers

Maybe obvious, but do you use the LE Roms ?

RustyCardores
                              @rustycardores
                              MemberModerator

It all does seem to work good I just don’t have any GI lighting on the LE tables! Any suggestions?

Ensure that you have the right ROM, updated all scripts, removed any old scripts hanging around in your tables folder, installed the latest B2S files, installed the latest vpinmame, restarted VP before testing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?