Pin2DMD or PINDMD3 with CCC (Proc VPX) – how I got it working in PBX

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Manples
    Participant
      @manples

Thanks Phil. Same issue with PBX 2.70 (which is so slow that I reverted to 2.65).

And now that I’ve upgraded my pin2dmd from 2.41 to 2.55, it stays black while the little dmd is there on the background, on the desktop. When I launch your fake.bat says it sees a device but it’s not a pin2dmdv2. What do you think?

What FW do you have on you pin2dmd?

Thanks again ;-)

cloudburst
      Participant
        @cloudburst

CCC displays colour dmd just fine for me with PBX 3.17, Freezys DMDext v 1.7.1 and a pindmdv3.

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to have the dmd displayed ONLY on the pindmdv3 and not on the backglass too? I’m not too hopeful as it would seem suc( an approach would break how dmdext grabs the dmd input from the screen.

CB

JustAnotherRat
        Participant
          @justanotherrat

Is this still the best method for displaying CCC P-Roc on Pin2DMD? I used this method a few years ago but haven’t had CCC on my current build until now. I have one of those headless dongle so that the computer can mirror what’s on my virtual screen to the Pin2DMD but just want to know that this is still the best method to follow.

I’d also like to see a guide if someone has one on how to use PinUp instead of Pinball X

visualpinballfan
          Participant
            @johndo

hey everyone,  this guide was instrumental in helping me with my setup.  the problem I find with this setup is you need to run pinballx to get it to run.  I wanted the mirroring program to start and end automatically with the table.

I added a couple lines of code in the script itself to achieve this.  it works great from the editor, or any front end.  ( or should ), and adding the dummy hdmi and mirroring off of the not seen dummy screen is wonderful.

Phil Docker
            Participant
              @dock

Can you share this code :)

WX4GPS
              Participant
                @wx4gps

So as of August 2020, I see VirtuaPin is it appears as a US Supplier that has the Vishay and the PIn2DMD displays.  the Version 3 is $269, the Vishay is $199 plus you need a 80v/100v Transformer, Piggyback Board, and PinDMD Driver Board.  it says and appears the driver board is nothing they sell.  So that may make that a hard sell, but people have appeared to have a hard time getting the Pin2DMD to work, but it seems like its sorta baked into the software.   I am looking for an easy solution to have a nice DMD for playing tables like Addams Family, Twilight zone, High-Speed II, Jurassic Park, these are my childhood tables I spent hours playing…  Color is less important to me, but ease of setup as I am one who lacks programming skills.  and would like to be in under $300 shipped.    What is your recommendation for ease of set up and fill put a smile on my face.

Mike DA Spike
                Participant
                  @mikedaspike

So as of August 2020, I see VirtuaPin is it appears as a US Supplier that has the Vishay and the PIn2DMD displays. the Version 3 is $269, the Vishay is $199 plus you need a 80v/100v Transformer, Piggyback Board, and PinDMD Driver Board. it says and appears the driver board is nothing they sell. So that may make that a hard sell, but people have appeared to have a hard time getting the Pin2DMD to work, but it seems like its sorta baked into the software. I am looking for an easy solution to have a nice DMD for playing tables like Addams Family, Twilight zone, High-Speed II, Jurassic Park, these are my childhood tables I spent hours playing… Color is less important to me, but ease of setup as I am one who lacks programming skills. and would like to be in under $300 shipped. What is your recommendation for ease of set up and fill put a smile on my face.

This is far off topic, but I have the pindmdv3 and didn’t regret it.

Works like a charm. Just connect , add freezy’s dlls (little 1 time configuration) and working.

And colours makes those tables much more fun to play

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

I have to agree with Mike on this. For ease of installation you only need to connect a 5V molex to your already existing computer PSU and a usb cable. After the firmware update by Russ earlier this year, and improvement to Freezy’s dmddevice, I’m having a hard time not recommending it. However, you should know that it is, as pin2dmd (well, that one comes in different sizes I guess) limited to 128×32 pixels. You might want to consider a good LCD display instead ?! Nemo had a interesting post about a chines screen here : https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/new-dmd-lcd-from-china/#post-180784

OlaP
                    Participant
                      @olap

Thank you Phil!

I followed your example just recently. It didn’t work directly, but pointed me to a solution.
                      I have dmdext v1.8.0 and Win10.

To get the fake.bat to work I had to rewrite it a bit:
                      @dmdext mirror -s screen –position 5200 0 512 128 -d pin2dmd –no-virtual

I placed the P-ROC dmd on a small apron screen to get it out of view from the backbox. (circled with red in the picture)
                      This works, but the image shown on the PIN2DMD is a bit too dark. To get some more color and light to the PIN2DMD I changed the Machine (standard) in  user_settings.yaml to “Color Display Dot Style: SQUARE”

Cheers,
                      Ola

Attachments:
                      outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Thank you Phil!
                        I followed your example just recently. It didn’t work directly, but pointed me to a solution.
                        I have dmdext v1.8.0 and Win10.
                        To get the fake.bat to work I had to rewrite it a bit:
                        @dmdext mirror -s screen –position 5200 0 512 128 -d pin2dmd –no-virtual
                        I placed the P-ROC dmd on a small apron screen to get it out of view from the backbox. (circled with red in the picture)
                        This works, but the image shown on the PIN2DMD is a bit too dark. To get some more color and light to the PIN2DMD I changed the Machine (standard) in user_settings.yaml to “Color Display Dot Style: SQUARE”
                        Cheers,
                        Ola

@olap
                            Did you try this with your Pin2DND
                        http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3966-new-vp10-alert-cactus-canyon-continued-bally-1998/?do=findComment&comment=43212

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        OlaP
                        Participant
                          @olap

But that was just 5 minutes, and I got to keep the Instruction Card at the Apron screen :)
                          Perfecter solution and I really recommend it!

Attachments:
                        Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?