Pinball Magic (Capcom 1995)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

I thought you lost that finger?

Guess we’ll have another update coming  :wacko:

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

lost finger on left hand not right hand ;)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw

Over taking Borgdog and nfozzy for the top spot:

• Fix ball stuck on skill shot

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

Awesome. Plays great!

bawouait
            Participant
              @yoyobis

hello pinball magic is really great but it lacks one thing in game play, I have this pinball and when I was doing the loop from left to right the ball came back much more to the right of the flip which allowed to make several combos and la, the ball arrives too much on the end of flip ^^ thank you and  good weekend :-)

Draifet
              Participant
                @draifet

Bagouait maybe u can do a draw over a screenshoot with fancy lasers to show the right path of the ball?

By the way, I’m screw obsessed, I added the post that holds the left ramp, and some other screws, if u want the file just say it.

giovanni1966
                Participant
                  @giovanni1966

Thx for the nice table. After the 3rd ball drains and the game is over the flippers still work on the released locked ball.

rothbauerw
                    @rothbauerw

Thx for the nice table. After the 3rd ball drains and the game is over the flippers still work on the released locked ball.

It’s my understanding that this is a limitation of Capcom emulation.  If anyone knows of a fix, I’d be happy to implement.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

By the way, I’m screw obsessed, I added the post that holds the left ramp, and some other screws, if u want the file just say it.

As long as you turn your screws so they are not all facing the same orientation then I support this statement  :good:

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw

hello pinball magic is really great but it lacks one thing in game play, I have this pinball and when I was doing the loop from left to right the ball came back much more to the right of the flip which allowed to make several combos and la, the ball arrives too much on the end of flip ^^ thank you and good weekend :-)

I’d like to know more about what you think it should be doing.  From the videos I have access to, it looks like it’s coming in at about the right spot.  Are you thinking it should be easier to cradle the ball?

DJRobX
                          @djrobx
                          MemberModerator

It’s my understanding that this is a limitation of Capcom emulation. If anyone knows of a fix, I’d be happy to implement.

Indeed, Capcom emulation has some pretty bad bugs (much of which is believed to be due to a rare security chip that isn’t fully understood).     The Kingpin table has a workaround to it coded into that table if you want to have a look.   The 9/10 solenoids do fire, but they just pulse and it’s quite latent.   So what it does is disable the flips if that pulse wasn’t seen after a real flip, or if all the balls are in the trough (nothing to flip).

I’m also going to look to see if I can find the memory value used to turn the flippers on and off, similar to the Fast Flips technique I used for SAM.   It would sidestep this whole issue in a good way if we can fake a GameOn solenoid.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                          Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

:rose: Stern and general FastFlip is so important. Just came home from a small business trip to Trondheim. When I go. I always makes sure to go the day before so I can have extra time playing new, modern well maintained tables until they throw me out of the place :)

Last time I went. It took me a whole day to get used to my virtual pin again. This time, only 30 minutes or so. We’ve come leaps and bounds nearer the real machines in the last half year if you ask me.

Thank you all for making this hobby such fun. :good:

Draifet
                            Participant
                              @draifet

As long as you turn your screws so they are not all facing the same orientation then I support this statement :good:

For a moment I thought about doing it, but no, I would go too far haha, one has to know when to stop.

Superinteresting the flipper issue.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

As long as you turn your screws so they are not all facing the same orientation then I support this statement :good:

For a moment I thought about doing it, but no, I would go too far haha, one has to know when to stop.

Superinteresting the flipper issue.

no matter what table Borg and I work on together , at some point the screw heads get randomized …LOL I think he might ever us a random number generator…

RallyRally
                                Participant
                                  @rallyrally

I’m loving all the improvements from the UW iteration. Everything looks great.

I was having some kind of problem with the physics. Just seemed slow and glitchy. Maybe I should have upgraded from 10.4 final to 10.5 beta, but I tried something different. I raised pf friction and gravity, lowered ball mass, and set the flippers to accommodate for a lower mass ball. Then it started working correctly and physics felt correct. Not sure why, but thank you so much for all your efforts and to everyone who contributed. This was worth the wait!

rothbauerw
                                    @rothbauerw

It’s my understanding that this is a limitation of Capcom emulation. If anyone knows of a fix, I’d be happy to implement.

Indeed, Capcom emulation has some pretty bad bugs (much of which is believed to be due to a rare security chip that isn’t fully understood). The Kingpin table has a workaround to it coded into that table if you want to have a look. The 9/10 solenoids do fire, but they just pulse and it’s quite latent. So what it does is disable the flips if that pulse wasn’t seen after a real flip, or if all the balls are in the trough (nothing to flip). I’m also going to look to see if I can find the memory value used to turn the flippers on and off, similar to the Fast Flips technique I used for SAM. It would sidestep this whole issue in a good way if we can fake a GameOn solenoid.

I looked at Kingpin.  While the hack mostly works, I can make the flippers disable in the middle of a ball.  Doing a check for all the balls in the trough is easy enough and would work in all scenarios except for a tilt.  I’ll go that route until a better option can be found (finding the memory value).  :good:

rothbauerw
                                      @rothbauerw

• Disabled flippers when all balls are in the trough
                                      • Improved geometry of loop (looks accurate to behavior in videos)
                                      • Adjusted insert lights for more accurate coloring
                                      • Added a few visual adjustments, screws and posts (Draifet)

CarnyPriest
                                      Participant
                                        @carnypriest

Nice, new reproduction of the instruction card. Source image courtesy of Steve Ellenhoff. Yes, that guy!

pinballmagic1sm

Attached zip file has full size image and appropriate coin card thanks to Inkochnito.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

I see a rev 2.7 in our future  :wacko:

nice instruction card :good:

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

DJRobX
                                            @djrobx
                                            MemberModerator

courtesy of Steve Ellenoff. Yes, that guy!

Ooooo real VPM royalty.   I’m a total hack compared to that guy.

And LOL at rothbauerw’s current project: Prepetual updates of Pinball Magic.    #facts

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 90 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?