This topic contains 40 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Micronaut 4 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
     BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Pinball Pool (Gottlieb 1979)

I took on doing this table after I bought a project real Pinball Pool.  I finished getting both running about the same time, and I’m glad I took both of them on, this is a simple yet very fun game.  Shoot the drop targets, clear the A-B-C (hint try to get B on plunge), hit the kick holes to up the bonus, and nail the captive 8-ball.  simple right?

A oddity about this table is that when you hit a drop target on one side, the corresponding one on the other side is knocked down as well.  When playing 3 ball all drop targets do this, on 5 ball only the even numbered ones do.  Press F6 as usual for the rom options.

This table is basically a rebuild of 32assassin’s table, thanks to him for the starting point and it’s script.  The playfield is a scan of my real machine, thanks to hauntfreaks for putting together all the scan images into one, and for the shadow layer  Starting from a scan made sure everything got put in the right place, and all but maybe 2 posts got moved.  I also added a new plastic image from a scan of my plastics (new set).

A b2s file is included and is basically a mashup of the 2 that are already out there by 32assassin and darquayle with some modifications.  The table should work with those b2s files as well if you prefer.

Like 12+

Some users who have liked this topic:

3 users thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Looks great! Will test it out tonight :yahoo:

Drybonz 
    Participant

Wow… what an incredible scan of this table, BorgDog… you can literally see the faint grain of the wood behind the painted areas.  Really nice.  Great job reconstructing the scan too, HF.  Backglass also looks great.    :good:

Sliderpoint 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Agreed, the playfield looks great!  Fun table!

BorgDog, once you get that big monitor your OCD will kick in even more.  You will probably notice SW54 rollover needs a -12 rotation or it will drive you  nuts. :whistle:

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Agreed, the playfield looks great! Fun table! BorgDog, once you get that big monitor your OCD will kick in even more. You will probably notice SW54 rollover needs a -12 rotation or it will drive you nuts. :whistle:

LOL yeah, one of the advantages of a mini-pin.. I guess .. probably end up re-doing all my tables.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

sure seems to be setting the bar very high. great work Borgdog

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

I dont think Borg is taking enough credit on the playfield scan
    he did this as 12 600dpi scans…. the detail seen at the full size is/was unbelieveable

look at this at full size (it still reduced from the original scans)…. it truly is a piece of art…

Pinball Pool PF closeup 

1 user thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

i don’t even know what to say crazy! Another great vp10 table to add to my cab!

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

Amazing looking table.. Thank you

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

I dont think Borg is taking enough credit on the playfield scan he did this as 12 600dpi scans…. the detail seen at the full size is/was unbelieveable look at this at full size (it still reduced from the original scans)…. it truly is a piece of art… Pinball Pool PF closeup

bah, the scanner did all the work  B-)

Patrick Delage 
    Participant

weirdly, table is 90 degree left ?  Any idea how to change this ? All my other table is ok !

Pinaball, arcade and retro gaming

Drybonz 
    Participant

Change your backdrop settings in the editor Patrick… BorgDog uses a portrait setting (and I thank him for it).

*edit*  Not sure if you need this info, but it is change x/y rotation to 270.

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

if you’re interested here are mine….

Capture-6

Attachments:
     robertms 
    Participant

Wow, just look at this thing! Amazing job in every detail Borg.

Attachments:
     Ben Logan2 
    Participant

Wonderful work, Borg. Love all the animated rubbers behind drop targets. Scan looks amazing. Physics are nicely tuned. Lighting is beautiful. What a winner! Thanks a lot.

:)

Jinxy 
    Participant

Great job on this table looks and feels real

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Very fun Hybrid EM/SS table. Terrific graphics and physics. Thanks Dan.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

markrock76 
    Participant

I love this table but I get multiple solenoid sounds when the ball is released and exits kickers.  I do not use DOF if that is the reason for it.  How can I fix?

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

To be honest with you I don’t know why it does that.  It does it for me as well.  If anybody else knows the answer please let me know, I’m sure it’s something to do with the way it’s coded so I know when to do the kicker animation.

Joey2001 
    Participant

Wow, another great VPX-table. My favourite list grows bigger and bigger. :yahoo:

Thanks for this great work of art. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account