This topic contains 40 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Micronaut 3 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
     markrock76 
    Participant

Interesting as I figured I just had something wrong in my setup.  I’m sure someone will come along with an answer.  Thanks again for another great table!

Daryl 
    Participant

To be honest with you I don’t know why it does that. It does it for me as well. If anybody else knows the answer please let me know, I’m sure it’s something to do with the way it’s coded so I know when to do the kicker animation.

First you should wrap the kicker1exit and kicker2exit in an if statement

sub kicker1exit(enabled)

if enabled then

etc

end if

end sub

That eliminates the kicker from firing the sounds when they shouldnt *but* it doesn’t fix it completely.  Solenoid 6 (kicker2) fires way too much .. almost like it is not the right solenoid for the kicker hole. 6 is firing when a ball is released and when it is in either kick out. Not something you can do anything about if that is indeed the right solenoid #.

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Thanks Daryl, that does help eliminate some of it.  I think it actually fires both kickers when either one does as you can see the animation on the empty hole as well, 6 or 7 both do this.  Not sure if the real one does or not, I don’t have an original board in mine and not at home to check for a week or so, but the solenoid numbers are correct 7 for the left hole (kicker1) and 6 for the right hole (kicker2).  I do know my real one does fire the rom controlled solenoids when a ball is released.  I think there is an option to disable that function in my Pascal replacement board, don’t know if the original has that option or not, or if it even did it.

This is why I’m sticking with em tables, they only do what I tell them to do (whether that’s what I want them to do is another issue).

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

dof kills the sound but now with new controller.vbs i hear it now. :)

jbg4208 
    Participant

Whoaa!! This one is fantastic! Looks and plays beautiful.

Nice work Dan  :good:

StevOz 
    Participant

ppa

Look and plays great here, thanks BD, no easy beat then I’m sure it never was!

http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/ppa.jpg

Attachments:
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Pop bumper DOF fix replace hit subs with…

Sub Bumper1_Hit
    vpmTimer.PulseSw 50
    dof 103, 2
    playsound SoundFX(“fx_bumper1”,DOFContactors)
    me.timerenabled=1
    End Sub

Sub Bumper2_Hit
    vpmTimer.PulseSw 50
    dof 104, 2
    playsound SoundFX(“fx_bumper1”,DOFContactors)
    me.timerenabled=1
    End Sub

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

thanks for figuring that out randr, version 1.1 uploaded with that incorporated.

PK 
    Participant

Wow can’t wait to get this one loaded, the full rez playfield scan looks amazing! Thanks

Pinbolt 
    Participant

Thank you for cool table. I like it.

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Now that I have a basic mechanical dof setup in my cab (no lights or flashers, but I have chimes and a bell!) I’m finding little things in my tables that are not to my liking (or major errors like I had in joker poker).  This update fixes some issues with the slings and adds a seperate event for left dt bank reset.  a new config that I just submitted for approval on the configtool site will be needed for the dt bank reset event to work.  also did some primitive and minor graphic updates while I was here (having a big cab instead of just the mini and the laptop I can see lots more stuff to fix).

Some users who have liked this topic:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Only gets better! Thanks

Drybonz 
    Participant

I dont have dof but this is a great table.  Probably the best scan of any EM I have seen.

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Thanks, glad you like it :)  I have a few more machines that I plan to strip down and scan as well, but not until warm weather at least and lots of other priorities when that hits.

Some users who have liked this topic:

Drybonz 
    Participant

Bring em on.   :)

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Loving the fact your DOF is up and working so now we all can enjoy your updated tables.  Makes me want a chimes and a bell for my machine, but wow they are pricey on ebay

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

another DOF fix just posted in v1.25 see changelog for details especially if you run DOF

StevOz 
    Participant

Thanks for the update BD looking and playing better then ever! :good:

Attachments:
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update!

Keep in mind dof is suppose to exit clean but sometimes it just don’t so the controller stop makes sure. Back in the early days before dof (ledwiz legacy) lights and solenoids would stick on every time unless you had the stop. I’ve played these tables dozens of times without the stop and ever had issues but I do use ledwiz and could be bigger issue if you use a sainsmart or pacled maybe….

Great updates borgdog. Thanks

Guga 
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this great work.  :good:   :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account