PinUP Player Installer

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

DO NOT install the installer of PinUP Player anymore!

We no longer support this install.

We are now using the new PINUP SYSTEM (Popper front-end, and Player)

Please download and install the PINUP SYSTEM on this site and follow instructions for that instead as this install is now out of date.

Thank you.

Jack
      Participant
        @breikers

Hi Terry, thanks for your reply. I will look into the new pinup system installation. Does the old version have to be removed ? Maybe a good idea to remove the old pinUp player installation from the download section.

Thanks again.

Regards

Jack

TerryRed
          @terryred

Hi Terry, thanks for your reply. I will look into the new pinup system installation. Does the old version have to be removed ? Maybe a good idea to remove the old pinUp player installation from the download section.

Thanks again.

Regards

Jack

The file has been removed, and we have redirected people to the new PinUP System for now.

Follow my install videos for PinUP System to get you going.

Marvel67
          Participant
            @marvel67

Hy , i have installed the latest version , everything looks fine , i have terrys three in one tron , the flipper starts with the backglas. i play the  flipper and the only videos that is running is Zuse and Tron on the upper backglas and the DMD in the under , the other dont wont run , only the start video , in the testprogram with this D1 – D…….all videos are fine ….Sorry for my bad english …hope you understand what i mean :)

TerryRed
              @terryred

Hy , i have installed the latest version , everything looks fine , i have terrys three in one tron , the flipper starts with the backglas. i play the flipper and the only videos that is running is Zuse and Tron on the upper backglas and the DMD in the under , the other dont wont run , only the start video , in the testprogram with this D1 – D…….all videos are fine ….Sorry for my bad english …hope you understand what i mean :)

Are you using a different language rom? If so then many videos won’t work as they require seeing images in the DMD from the english rom. Also your DMD must be in the default Orange with the values specified in the install instructions.

Queniart
              Participant
                @queniart62

Hello, when do i begin to establish pinupmenu by clicking on the file exe Sa operated but Quan I but someone had shortened my image card with sturmarbeiteilung microsoft windows if the joint veiled my trouble knowing that i am antiviral accelerating and footstep of parefeu consequently here, pour Se Qui E You of pinup encore assassin Very beautiful piece of work

Marvel67
                Participant
                  @marvel67

All my Roms run in english

TerryRed
                    @terryred

All my Roms run in english

If you are only getting TRON and ZUSE, then you don’t have PuPCapture working. You need to have that working for any videos to trigger.

OzStick
                    Participant
                      @ozstick

I’ve been doing some tinkering with this and feel I’m starting to get the basics down, however I screwed up when I added my MAME gamelist. I want to re-do it but can’t figure out how to scrub/edit/delete a Game List or remove all entries from it to start again.

I fact looking further into PuP it seems to me that it’s all about adding, and doing so in bulk, however there is no reciprocal option to REMOVE in bulk in case you want to completely rehash a system.

Unless I’m missing something, of course!

TerryRed
                        @terryred

“Playlists” can be removed easily no problems….

….but for many games at once…and I may be wrong on this….you need to either remove them one at a time in the Games Manager….or use the SQL Database Editor to do a function that can remove all games from a specific emulator. I don’t know squat about SQL, but Nailbuster or DJRobX have more experience with SQL stuff.

Just be sure to always backup your Database before trying anything with the DB Editor!

OzStick
                        Participant
                          @ozstick

Thanks for the quick reply TerryRed.

This system NEEDS to have the ability to dump an entire gamelist and start again – I don’t see myself as a novice user so if I can still make such a fundamental error in adding games to a Gamelist after watching your video twice, then so can others.

IMO this is a HUGE oversight, and you run the risk of a lot of potential users jumping ship at this point rather than facing the prospect of deleting thousands of games from their MAME Gamelist one-at-a-time!!

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

This system NEEDS to have the ability to dump an entire gamelist and start again – I don’t see myself as a novice user so if I can still make such a fundamental error in adding games to a Gamelist after watching your video twice, then so can others.

IMO this is a HUGE oversight, and you run the risk of a lot of potential users jumping ship at this point rather than facing the prospect of deleting thousands of games from their MAME Gamelist one-at-a-time!!

I would say the HUGE oversight is that Terry and I have said everywhere in videos/documentation and anyone that would listen is to press that little ‘backup db’ button in the config (takes 2 seconds) and the db size is like 1 mb.  Especially when importing HUGE lists into your system….

anyhow, I assume you didn’t do a backup….  the only option i can give you is to remove all games and playlists links from the db and you’ll just have to rescan/import….

you can go into the dbedtor in config and type in:

delete from playlistdetails

press execute then

delete from games

press execute

Let me know if that works for you…

TerryRed
                              @terryred

Not any oversight…its the nature of dealing with Databases with SQL and easy and powerful import and management options….verses manually editing XML files. No way around it most likely. I’m sure I also mentioned in my video about how this would be “required” if you wanted to remove games (one at a time, or using Database Editor).

I’m not of the point of view about worrying about “losing” new users….as this software isn’t financially motivated…its a gift to the community from NailBuster. Yes novices may get intimidated…but this program is meant to allow for more options and customizing, and doing things differently. With greater options and more powerful features comes a bit of work to learn new things. It’s the nature of this hobby.

Believe me…I get it…I also have my entire MAME collection added to the database….but I only actually “use” 100 of them out of 3000+ so far. Never felt the need to remove anything yet from my MAME games. They are there if needed…otherwise I don’t even notice.

If I want to do more…I need to learn SQL myself….some day I will….but haven’t needed to yet…..but I will always “backup” before I do a mass import or before I mess with the db editor.

OzStick
                              Participant
                                @ozstick

I would say the HUGE oversight is that Terry and I have said everywhere in videos/documentation and anyone that would listen is to press that little ‘backup db’ button in the config (takes 2 seconds) and the db size is like 1 mb. Especially when importing HUGE lists into your system….

anyhow, I assume you didn’t do a backup…. the only option i can give you is to remove all games and playlists links from the db and you’ll just have to rescan/import….

you can go into the dbedtor in config and type in:

delete from playlistdetails

press execute then

delete from games

press execute

Let me know if that works for you…

Thanks NailBuster,

I did back up the database as per the videos – twice in fact. Whilst that is a simple task I could figure out from either the videos or the Wiki on your website how to RESTORE a database. Does that need to be done via SQL as well?

NailBuster
                                  @nailbuster
                                  ModeratorMember

ah,  that’s good you have the backup :)

really easy(but agree that I need to add the info to wiki).  the database is just one file in PinUPSystem called PUPDatabase.db

your backups are in the subfolder called pupbackup (each file is renamed with time/date in name).

just make a copy of one of the backup files you want to restore (rename it to PUPDatabase.db) and overwrite the existing PUPDatabase.db file in PinUPSystem… that’s it.

(obviously do this with all PUP apps closed :)

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Is this download still available? All I get is screenshot when downloaded

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

No, its been replaced by PinUP System now.

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

I mentioned to NB we should remove this old download thread…but he may have had a reason to keep it here?

NailBuster
                                        @nailbuster
                                        ModeratorMember

this was v1.2 of pinup player.  I left it here for ‘legacy’ info… changed the file as a png to keep thread ‘alive’.

there a current installer file for PinUp System v1.3 in another post.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Welp I guess you knew what I was doing :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

Queniart
                                          Participant
                                            @queniart62

<p style=”text-align: right;”>bonsoir j ais remarque que le dmd future pinball  ne se ferme pas apres avoir quitte la table sur pinup  :scratch:</p>

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?