** PinUP Player New version 1.2 Released!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    markrock76
    Participant
      @markrock76

I get this when I run the batch file.  When I hit a key the setup window opens for the various PUP screens.

jbg4208
      Participant
        @jbg4208

I did a complete re-install op VPX 10.4 (renamed the old VP folder) and setup PinUP Player 1.2. So there can be no leftovers of an old PinUP install. I still do not get any videos, but the PUPLOG.txt file is different now: 20180115 20:13:21 Open called 20180115 20:13:21 Set Game Name thread trn_174h 20180115 20:13:21 Start Thread Matching 20180115 20:13:21 create PuPCap 20180115 20:13:21 Init Game name:trn_174h 20180115 20:13:21 Create Object Display 20180115 20:13:21 imagedir:D:\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUpPlayer\PuPVideos\trn_174h\PuPCapture 20180115 20:13:21 num images 36 20180115 20:15:13 Free Object Display I think there is no more error now, but still no videos. I am using the following directories now: D:\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUpPlayer\PUPVideos\trn_174h\PupCapture

look like you’re almost good to go. You just need to check that your b2s PuP-Plugin is ‘active’. if you right click on a b2s backglass and go to plugins are they active with no errors?

I works now. :yahoo: ‘Activate plugins’ was not checked in my B2s Backglass Server. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :good:

That’s good info. Ill have to check mine when i get home.

jbg4208
        Participant
          @jbg4208

That is the trick. Plugins were not active on my b2s settings.  Works great!

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Took me some config to ensure dmdext was working with my pin2dmd :0). After that the new 1.2 player installed without any issues and both Avatar and Tron as demonstrating the power of the new player. It’s great! After I quit a table the backglass stays active until I completely close VPX. It this expected behavior or should it close after you quit the table and return to the editor?

Correct. This is not an issue within a front end like PinballX as you exit VP whenever you exit the table.  If you don’t use a front end, then exit VP, preferred anyway between launching other tables due to possible memory leaks.

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

I have some interesting performance issues. When playing AFM/Tron or Batman it sometimes plays really slow. It seems that VPX is running in 30 fps (checked with F11). Playing around with the FPS limiter (changing it to 0 and back to 1) resets this and the tables plays in 60fps again. Any clue why this could happen and does anyone else experience this?

Update: It seems like it only happens when playing in windowed mode. Full exclusive is not (yet) influenced.

Update 1/17: restored from image. No performance issues… Reinstalled dmdext, and PinUP player 1.2 and crossed fingers. Played for half an hour and no more issues :yahoo: . Just a glitch in the twilight and hope things stay stable. Enjoying every minute of this awesome feature.

Creating an image before doing some new install or config stuff saved the day!

firebrand007
              Participant
                @firebrand007

Hi guys,

First, thanks a lot for the awesome work ! It’s incredible to see how things have progressed in just a year or so. I tried the first version of PUP and loved what TerryRed did with Tron, super impressive. I was less lucky unfortunately trying to update to the new version. Now when I run the latest Tron table, it displays for 10 seconds but with nothing on the PIN2MD, and crashes without an error message. And any non PUP table that I try running is now displaying the DMD both on my PIN2DMD * and * on the playfield, in big….

I suspected it could be a problem linked to dmddevice.dll but the problem remains even when I try to swap it with an older version or even delete it.
                I’m sure it’s a dumb problem but I’ma bit at a loss on the precise steps to try and identify / remove whatever may be causing the problem, any help would be super appreciated…

thanks !

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

dmddevice.ini controls the virtual and your “real dmd”. I would start there. The installer should also have made a backup for you.

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

yes, your original dmdext files are located in vpinmame\pupbackup after install.

I can’t see how after install you’d get two dmds… the installer doesn’t change any dmddevice.ini settings about dmd (it only modified two lines of the ini to enabled the new section as a pupoutput)

your virtual should be disabled like before install…..perhaps you have b2s set to display dmd, that might be second dmd?

Johngreve
                    Participant
                      @johngreve

Hi,
                      Since I’ve updated to this new version the topper videos do not display on the first Tron PuP table. They display properly on the Batman,AFM and Avatar tables however. On the Tron table when a Topper window pops up the window says”File not Found”. I think that’s telling me it can’t locate the file to play it however it plays the other videos just fine for that table and the videos are all located within the trn_174 folder that was created.
                      Anyone have an idea what’s going on here? The topper videos played just fine prior to the update.
                      Thanks

firebrand007
                      Participant
                        @firebrand007

Thanks Thalamus and Nailbuster, after further tinkering with the help of your indications and retrieving a previous old dmddevice.dll which worked fine, I re-copied files from DMDEXT1.6 into vpinmame as I realized that a long while ago  I had installed it in a separate P-ROC folder on a different drive. The DMD is no longer appearing on the playfield.

Now it seems that the dmddevice.dll from DMDEXT 1.6 does not like my color palettes (I had one for Tron), nor my colored rooms : all such tables crash after loading without displaying the DMD, after roughly 5-10 seconds and without an error message.
                        I will keep digging as I get more time to try things this week-end, and come back to post my results.

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

Hi, Since I’ve updated to this new version the topper videos do not display on the first Tron PuP table. They display properly on the Batman,AFM and Avatar tables however. On the Tron table when a Topper window pops up the window says”File not Found”. I think that’s telling me it can’t locate the file to play it however it plays the other videos just fine for that table and the videos are all located within the trn_174 folder that was created. Anyone have an idea what’s going on here? The topper videos played just fine prior to the update. Thanks

Don’t use the original Tron PuP-Edition table anymore (which uses the Tron Legacy folder and PuP commands in table script).

Only use the new updated version that is linked in the PuP-Pack description.

Tron Legacy (Stern 2011) (PUP-Pack Edition 1.5) (SSF, Lightmod 1.2)

Erase the old Tron table and “PuPVideos \ Tron Legacy” folder, and only use the above linked table with the new Pup-Pack that is in PuPVideos \ trn_174h.

If you try to run the old version with the new PuP-Pack installed, etc you will have issues. Both tables note this in their description.

New table…..new PuP-Pack only…. after installing new PinUP Player version 1.2+

Pinbolt
                          Participant
                            @pinbolt

How can I enable ‘Activate plugins’ in my B2s Backglass Server. I’m a DT user and haven’t experience with backglass server.

Please help

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

How can I enable ‘Activate plugins’ in my B2s Backglass Server. I’m a DT user and haven’t experience with backglass server. Please help

you can watch my setup video for old version of pinup https://youtu.be/9SOAb2M135k

only review the backglass settings part… the other install stuff is outdated now.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              TerryRed
                                @terryred

How can I enable ‘Activate plugins’ in my B2s Backglass Server. I’m a DT user and haven’t experience with backglass server. Please help

you can watch my setup video for old version of pinup https://youtu.be/9SOAb2M135k only review the backglass settings part… the other install stuff is outdated now.

Don’t worry…i’m creating a nice new install video that shows everything you need to know! Shows the preparation before PuP install…confirming of vpx,dmdext,b2s working…..then install pup…configure pup… explain pup….and then test pup on all 3 systems.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

PinUP Player Setup, Install, and Demo for all systems.

Pinbolt
                                  Participant
                                    @pinbolt

Your Video guide is fantastic, thank you.

I think I had all done like in your video.

If I start the table comet (in my tables folder are the two files)

Comet (Williams 1985) v1.0.directb2s

Comet (Williams 1985) v1.0.vpx

What have I overlooked?

Help me Terry, please

The table start without backglass.

So, i have no change to go in the backglass setup to active the plugins. I also tested with your Tron table, DMD is on the desktop only.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Your Video guide is fantastic, thank you. I think I had all done like in your video. If I start the table comet (in my tables folder are the two files) Comet (Williams 1985) v1.0.directb2s Comet (Williams 1985) v1.0.vpx

What have I overlooked?

Help me Terry, please The table start without backglass. So, i have no change to go in the backglass setup to active the plugins. I also tested with your Tron table, DMD is on the desktop only.

You may have to go into the table script to choose B2S controller instead of PinMAME for the B2S to show up. This can be different for each table, but there should be something in the script to allow you to change that option.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

Maybe you just under preferences, keys, nudge and dof haven’t enabled db2s ? Right corner.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Your Video guide is fantastic, thank you. I think I had all done like in your video. If I start the table comet (in my tables folder are the two files) Comet (Williams 1985) v1.0.directb2s Comet (Williams 1985) v1.0.vpx

What have I overlooked?

Help me Terry, please The table start without backglass. So, i have no change to go in the backglass setup to active the plugins. I also tested with your Tron table, DMD is on the desktop only.

So i just downloaded both comet vpx table and the direct.b2s backglass, and they both loaded up without me needing to do anything to the table.

Do you have B2S Server installed? Did you use the All in One Installer?

Pinbolt
                                          Participant
                                            @pinbolt

That’s the Question. I think the Backglass server is not really installed.

Yes, I use the 1516150897_VPX4setup.zip.

The installation programm ask me” Do you have a second monitor for the backglass(install B2S)

and I push the no butto, I have one Monitor only. At the next step I click on DMDtext.

I start a new table and edit the script to B2s and I got at start this error message

The object does not support “B2SSetData”  (in the script line: Controller.B2SSetData 1.1)

Thank for Terry for your time to help

regards

Pinbolt

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 82 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?