** PinUP Player New version 1.2 Released!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Johngreve
    Participant
      @johngreve

Hello,

I am having trouble installing dmdext1.6, I downloaded it and when I click Run to install it I get the message that it is incompatible with my version of Windows. I’m running windows 7, 32 bit. I know that this was supposed to be installed and tested working before the new upgrade to Pup1.2 but hit this roadblock and just plowed ahead to see what would happen.

Anyway I was able to still perform the upgrade and things seem to work just fine with the new Tron PuP table that requires the upgrade to PuP1.2.

I guess I’m just wondering if there is a different version of dmdext1.6 available for my version of Windows? I didn’t really see any options for that on Freezys site.

Thanks !

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

Hello, I am having trouble installing dmdext1.6, I downloaded it and when I click Run to install it I get the message that it is incompatible with my version of Windows. I’m running windows 7, 32 bit. I know that this was supposed to be installed and tested working before the new upgrade to Pup1.2 but hit this roadblock and just plowed ahead to see what would happen. Anyway I was able to still perform the upgrade and things seem to work just fine with the new Tron PuP table that requires the upgrade to PuP1.2. I guess I’m just wondering if there is a different version of dmdext1.6 available for my version of Windows? I didn’t really see any options for that on Freezys site. Thanks !

huh?  if you have your system working with PuP 1.2…. DO NOT install dmdext ‘over’ it… you will break it.

senseless
        Participant
          @senseless

Wanted to share some of my findings running the Pinup Player 1.2 in combination with dmdext 1.6. This is in combination with a real dmd (pin2dmd, running firmware v2.50). Initally everything seemed to be working fine. until I played some of the Data East tables (T2, LW3). The sound was screwed up and also I noticed the coloring of the colored roms was off. I tested out some more tables with colored roms and Sherk for one was also not displaying as it should. I reverted back to the latest dmddevice.dll from Lucky and everything was working again as before. I crossed my fingers to see if the PinUP player was still working with the dmddevice.dll from Lucky in stead of dmdext. The PinUP Player works but not fully. Some of the video’s are not working, but others are. Need to do some more testing and in de meantime check with other pin2dmd users if they have the same issues with dmdext 1.60.

I mentioned before… Freezy’s DLL won’t give you as many Colour features as Lucky’s will for Pin2DMD, and since PuP needs to use an updated version of Freezy’s DLL, you won’t get those features with Pin2DMD. The only reason PuP needs to use Freezy’s DLL is because Pin2DMD isn’t open source, so NailBuster can’t update it for you guys. So without using the updated PuP version of dmddevice.dll, then PuPCapture won’t work….and therefor PuP won’t do anything with PuP-Packs that use PuPCapture…which will be most of them from this point on. Batman didn’t use PuPCapture, so that’s why it may still work for you. I’ve had no issues with any tables for sound since installing PuP. rablack97 uses Pin2DMD and has no issue with VPX, FX3, and FP using PuP. So, currently if you want to use PuP….then you need to lose some roms having Coloured features…but not all.

I have no issues with loosing some color in some games but the sound issues are a pain in the butt. T2, Batman, LW3 all have similar issues. Only option (next to the suggestion of Nailbuster :)) is to switch dmddevice.dll files when I want to play DataEast tables.  Hope Freezy will give NailBuster access or help out on solving this.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Freezy’ code is there for the taking for anyone. He unfortunately doesn’t seem to have the time to attend to it much himself at the moment.

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

I’ll say be patient guys…. we are hoping that something can be done in the way of choosing your own DMD DLL and having a PuP DLL also run…

Not saying it will happen, but this was an idea thrown out there. Let’s hope that it can be implemented into pinmame at some point.

Jinxy
              Participant
                @jinxy

Worked great with my pindmd3, easy install right out of the box Great job !

fjser
                Participant
                  @fjser

Hi – having a weird issue with PUP that I could use some input. I have it starting and working fine, videos play ok, evrerything looks good via pinballx.  The problem comes when i exit the table, PUP remains on the screen once pinballx reloads…I have checked and the vpinballx.exe is no longer running. How can i enable debugging to ifigure this out?  its the one issue preventing me from being done with the upgrade :) Thanks

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Hi – having a weird issue with PUP that I could use some input. I have it starting and working fine, videos play ok, evrerything looks good via pinballx. The problem comes when i exit the table, PUP remains on the screen once pinballx reloads…I have checked and the vpinballx.exe is no longer running. How can i enable debugging to ifigure this out? its the one issue preventing me from being done with the upgrade :) Thanks

This issue revolves around on how Pinball X “exits emulators”…. I’ve had issues with it and other programs before.

For me…I find I had to NOT have PBX exit / close VPX in order to cleanly close out VPX and PuP.  I had to use another method of closing VPX that didn’t rely on PBX doing it. I have my EXIT button working as ESC and ENTER (using another program to allow this, press and hold functions).  When I HOLD DOWN “esc” (my exit button) for about 4+ secs, then VPX closes out completely and so does PuP.

This works perfect for me…and I don’t have PBX “exit” any emulator…I use other methods for those emulator / games as well.

fjser
                    Participant
                      @fjser

Thanks TerryRed – makes sense…can you tell me the program you are using? Im sure i can figure it out if i have the name…

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Thanks TerryRed – makes sense…can you tell me the program you are using? Im sure i can figure it out if i have the name…

Well you can use any program that will map your exit button to what you want to use… my buttons are part of an actual gamepad…so i dont know what controller you are using or if you are using “keys” for your buttons…

I use Pinnacle Game Profiler… much more powerful than xpadder i think.  I use it to setup my exit button to have 2 functions (push / hold). From there you can do almost anything you want with each function… it can be a “key”, or run a BAT file,etc….

Try holding down ESC when running just VPX outside of PBX. If it completely closes out VPX and PuP, then you know that can work for you. (keep in mind PBX may be using the ESC key so you may need to change that).

fjser
                        Participant
                          @fjser

yes, that worked…and led me to figure out that this only happens when i run vpx as an “other” emulator in pinballx.  I changed it to the main pinballx section in pbx config, and all works now!

thanks for the help.

senseless
                          Participant
                            @senseless

I solved the sound/color issue with two simple batch files which copy the pinup player dmddevice.dll and .ini to vpinmame when starting a pinup enabled table and when I exit the table the other batch file copies the original pin2dmd dmddevice.dll and .ini file to the vpinmame directory.

Just setup an extra system in pinballx which uses these batch files. I included a zip file that includes the batch files and the required files and the screen shot of the pinballx setup.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            TerryRed
                              @terryred

I solved the sound/color issue with two simple batch files which copy the pinup player dmddevice.dll and .ini to vpinmame when starting a pinup enabled table and when I exit the table the other batch file copies the original pin2dmd dmddevice.dll and .ini file to the vpinmame directory. Just setup an extra system in pinballx which uses these batch files. I included a zip file that includes the batch files and the required files and the screen shot of the pinballx setup.

Yah, this is the kind of setup that will work until we can hopefully have an update to pinmame that will allow for both pup’s own DLL and your Pin2DMD to be chosen on a per-table basis…

xenonph
                              Participant
                                @xenonph
                                MemberContributor

Been busy with alot of things lately, not related to pinball.

As it seems I have made most of the Authors whos tables I have modded angry, because of uploading these mods to 3 sites.

I have spent the better part of the last 2 years working on these modded tables. Most of the time, 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day.

So now I am taking some time to enjoy just playing all the tables.

Which brings me to this current problem I am having with the Pup player mods.

I was asked by an author to help test a table for him.

It is a PinUP Original table. (Damn good one too!!)

I had tried out the Pup Player when it first came out, and got that first Tron mod working properly, but back then I was very busy working on my mods, so I never did alot with it.

So after being asked to help test this new PinUP table….

I installed PinUPPlayerInstall_v1_20, and everything works on his Original PinUP table.

So I figured I would try out the newer PinUP mods. None of them work for me.

The first Tron Pup mod works fine for me. (I think this is the one that has script modified for Pup usage.)

So I am able to only run 2 of these PuP tables.

But I can’t seem to get all the other ones to work.

No videos are shown, and no windows that the videos are shown in display. There is nothing but the regular table.

I am a Desktop user, so all video screens are seen on my one monitor. (With those 2 tables it works.)

With the newer PinUP packs, they look like they are based on screen capture of the DMD? and activate videos using captured screens? Instead of scripted into table?

I think I have followed all the instructions properly, but I must be missing something?

I moved the videos to PuPVideos folder,(Just like the other 2 tables that work for me.)

Do I need to checkmark “Use External DMD” in the rom options menu?

Is there a setting I am not checking, that is making these “Rom Controlled” Pup Mods not work?

I am using the Avatar 1.12 table as suggested. It is using the v2.0 rom. “avr_200”

Would love to check out all these new PinUP mod packs, but they don’t seem to work for me.

Any help or info would be definately appreciated.

I know it must be something really simple I am overlooking.

Thanks again!!

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Been busy with alot of things lately, not related to pinball. As it seems I have made most of the Authors whos tables I have modded angry, because of uploading these mods to 3 sites. I have spent the better part of the last 2 years working on these modded tables. Most of the time, 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day. So now I am taking some time to enjoy just playing all the tables. Which brings me to this current problem I am having with the Pup player mods. I was asked by an author to help test a table for him. It is a PinUP Original table. (Damn good one too!!) I had tried out the Pup Player when it first came out, and got that first Tron mod working properly, but back then I was very busy working on my mods, so I never did alot with it. So after being asked to help test this new PinUP table…. I installed PinUPPlayerInstall_v1_20, and everything works on his Original PinUP table. So I figured I would try out the newer PinUP mods. None of them work for me. The first Tron Pup mod works fine for me. (I think this is the one that has script modified for Pup usage.) So I am able to only run 2 of these PuP tables. But I can’t seem to get all the other ones to work. No videos are shown, and no windows that the videos are shown in display. There is nothing but the regular table. I am a Desktop user, so all video screens are seen on my one monitor. (With those 2 tables it works.) With the newer PinUP packs, they look like they are based on screen capture of the DMD? and activate videos using captured screens? Instead of scripted into table? I think I have followed all the instructions properly, but I must be missing something? I moved the videos to PuPVideos folder,(Just like the other 2 tables that work for me.) Do I need to checkmark “Use External DMD” in the rom options menu? Is there a setting I am not checking, that is making these “Rom Controlled” Pup Mods not work? I am using the Avatar 1.12 table as suggested. It is using the v2.0 rom. “avr_200” Would love to check out all these new PinUP mod packs, but they don’t seem to work for me. Any help or info would be definately appreciated. I know it must be something really simple I am overlooking. Thanks again!!

Yes, some authors are very sensitive to their tables being modded at all…DOF…sound,etc… others simply want to be asked first….and some simply don’t want their tables shared on certain sites. It’s worse than politics!  ;)

At least now with PinUP Player, you don’t need to mod the rom based tables anymore to use it’s many new features, so you can make anything you want for any rom based table without needing anyone’s permission.

Yes, the newer PuP-Packs can use B2S Server triggers (Exxx, Sxxx, Lxxx), as well as PuPCapture which monitors the output of DMDExt 1.6’s DMD image to trigger videos.

It’s days like this I’m glad I made these…as I hate typing.  :)

Please watch all 3 videos and follow what I demo for you…it matters especially how and where you have DMDext installed….follow the videos and you should be good. :)

xenonph
                                  Participant
                                    @xenonph
                                    MemberContributor

I am thinking this isn’t going to work for me because I use Windows Vista 64bit.

I was never able to get Ultra-DMD to install on this system, so I am guessing this is why I can’t get the DMDext to work either.

As soon as I switch to use external dmd in rom settings, and try to run table, it just gives the never ending “working” circle.

I then have to close VP as it has stopped working.

The only difference I can see on my setup, is that I do not have a VPinMAME folder. I install my PinMAME to the Visual Pinball folder.

I have always installed it this way as far as I can remember. Perhaps this is my problem. Or it might just be my crappy Vista 64bit, as there are alot of things and programs that just won’t work on this Vista.

Anyways I want to thank you for the videos. I thought I had watched them already, but the part about downloading Freezys DMDext I think I missed last time.

I think I will try to make a new install pack for myself, that will have a VPinMAME folder. Hopefully this will work to solve the problem, but I can’t help but think it is due to my Vista 64bit not being compatible.

(I have tried to install Ultra-DMD in past with no success. I tried the new installer they made, and the one built into the All-In-One VPX installer. Neither one successfully installs it. So I just don’t play those tables.)

On a side note…

I was never told by anyone that I couldn’t upload my mods to those 3 sites, and mostly all the tables I have modded, had “Permission to mod without approval” clearly stated on download page. For those that didn’t say that on download page, I personally asked those table authors for permission to mod their table. I have never seen a rule that states this either.

It was only recently, when I asked a table author if I could make a mod of there table, that they said “sure…but only upload it to this one site.” I then

said cool thanks!! It would be an exclusive table for only this site. I then realized I had modded another table of theirs months earlier and had uploaded it to the 3 sites. So I asked if they were upset about me uploading the other table of theirs to these sites and they said they were disappointed in me.

Needless to say I was flabbergasted and my heart almost stopped I think. I had never thought about this before then. So then I start thinking maybe all the authors of tables I have ever worked on, are dissappointed with me. The pit of my stomach ached the more I thought about this.

(Because I have uploaded these mods to them 3 sites since starting on VPX mods.)

This author who first told me about this, still gave me permission to mod his table, even after I had uploaded his other table to the 3 sites. Shows you what great people we have in this community!! But I fear I may have just ticked off everyone, and I would have never known, if it weren’t for me asking about this new table mod. It actually makes me sick to my stomach, thinking I have all these authors mad at me!!

There definately was no ill will intended.

And if I decide to make any mods in the future, I will specifically ask the author if I can upload them to the 3 sites, if not, I will only upload them to the site they want.

I am not making these mods for fame or fortune, or to steal anyones glory. I make them because I really enjoy working on these tables and I like to contribute what I can, to this community. I am only a table modder. Not a table creator (Yet!! But I am learning quickly!!)

So again I apologize to any authors who may not have wanted my mods uploaded to all 3 sites.

It will never happen again. That I can guarantee to you all.

Sorry for getting off topic here..

These pup mods look really great!!

Can’t wait to get them all working!!

Keep up the great work!!

Carry on.

Slydog43
                                    Participant
                                      @slydog43

ahh xenonph everything will work out.  I LOVE your mods (especially the NFL ones, but also all the great sound stuff.  You really have talent)

I hope there will be a way to turn off PinUP stuff on a table since it can really distract me when playing for high score.  i love Pinup, but would like to turn it off sometimes if I’m just going for high score.

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

This is probably the wrong thread for this…

I have a mindset very much skewed towards the author so appreciate your caring attitude towards their feelings and level of respect shown.  In saying that, you need to stop feeling bad about this.  The moment the author posted “permission to mod without approval” means this is blanket approval. OF course it’s perfectly ok if they want to control how the mod is distributed, but then don’t leave it as “permission to mod without approval”, instead state “permission to mod with approval” or “please request before modding” or something like that, therefore opening up a channel of communication.  Everyone wins that way, no one gets offended, no hurt feelings.

I think authors merit some form of ownership over the blood, sweat and tears they put into their work, but please authors, this isn’t said with intent to be harsh, but be clear with your request, I don’t think it’s right to be portraying dual meaning permissions and then stating they are disappointed in xenonph.  If you are disappointed in someone, it should be yourselves for the mix-message, what the heck was xenonph supposed to do?  Ask permission when it was stated it wasn’t necessary?!?

/rant off

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

ahh xenonph everything will work out. I LOVE your mods (especially the NFL ones, but also all the great sound stuff. You really have talent) I hope there will be a way to turn off PinUP stuff on a table since it can really distract me when playing for high score. i love Pinup, but would like to turn it off sometimes if I’m just going for high score.

In one of the pinup release thread there is a line of code you can add to the script that disables the pinup option

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

I am thinking this isn’t going to work for me because I use Windows Vista 64bit. I was never able to get Ultra-DMD to install on this system, so I am guessing this is why I can’t get the DMDext to work either. As soon as I switch to use external dmd in rom settings, and try to run table, it just gives the never ending “working” circle. I then have to close VP as it has stopped working. The only difference I can see on my setup, is that I do not have a VPinMAME folder. I install my PinMAME to the Visual Pinball folder. I have always installed it this way as far as I can remember. Perhaps this is my problem. Or it might just be my crappy Vista 64bit, as there are alot of things and programs that just won’t work on this Vista. Anyways I want to thank you for the videos. I thought I had watched them already, but the part about downloading Freezys DMDext I think I missed last time. I think I will try to make a new install pack for myself, that will have a VPinMAME folder. Hopefully this will work to solve the problem, but I can’t help but think it is due to my Vista 64bit not being compatible. (I have tried to install Ultra-DMD in past with no success. I tried the new installer they made, and the one built into the All-In-One VPX installer. Neither one successfully installs it. So I just don’t play those tables.) On a side note… I was never told by anyone that I couldn’t upload my mods to those 3 sites, and mostly all the tables I have modded, had “Permission to mod without approval” clearly stated on download page. For those that didn’t say that on download page, I personally asked those table authors for permission to mod their table. I have never seen a rule that states this either. It was only recently, when I asked a table author if I could make a mod of there table, that they said “sure…but only upload it to this one site.” I then said cool thanks!! It would be an exclusive table for only this site. I then realized I had modded another table of theirs months earlier and had uploaded it to the 3 sites. So I asked if they were upset about me uploading the other table of theirs to these sites and they said they were disappointed in me. Needless to say I was flabbergasted and my heart almost stopped I think. I had never thought about this before then. So then I start thinking maybe all the authors of tables I have ever worked on, are dissappointed with me. The pit of my stomach ached the more I thought about this. (Because I have uploaded these mods to them 3 sites since starting on VPX mods.) This author who first told me about this, still gave me permission to mod his table, even after I had uploaded his other table to the 3 sites. Shows you what great people we have in this community!! But I fear I may have just ticked off everyone, and I would have never known, if it weren’t for me asking about this new table mod. It actually makes me sick to my stomach, thinking I have all these authors mad at me!! There definately was no ill will intended. And if I decide to make any mods in the future, I will specifically ask the author if I can upload them to the 3 sites, if not, I will only upload them to the site they want. I am not making these mods for fame or fortune, or to steal anyones glory. I make them because I really enjoy working on these tables and I like to contribute what I can, to this community. I am only a table modder. Not a table creator (Yet!! But I am learning quickly!!) So again I apologize to any authors who may not have wanted my mods uploaded to all 3 sites. It will never happen again. That I can guarantee to you all. Sorry for getting off topic here.. These pup mods look really great!! Can’t wait to get them all working!! Keep up the great work!! Carry on.

Wow..dude if you only knew….this can be mirrored to exactly what I went through when I first released the Tron PuP Edition.

Your intentions were good, and I love your work. Don’t sweat it. The politics between sites and authors sometimes gets to the point of being DIVA-like, and also expecting the community to be mind readers about that stuff is frankly unrealistic.

As for your install on Vista….WOW…I’m amazed someone still has Vista installed, and I’m amazed it even worked for you at all…  :)

My personal recommendation would be to do a fresh…clean install of Windows 7 or Windows 10 if your system can handle it as everything is running on this now. At that point I’d recommend the newest AIO installer, then the new DOF R3++ installer…then update to the newest VPX 10.5 beta…then update to the newest SAM based VPinMAME that Carney builds over at VPU. Then install DMDext 1.6 the VPinMAME folder (Visual Pinball\VPinMAME)

Once you have the above done, (using DEFAULT install locations for Visual Pinball, VPinMAME,etc), and have everything working nice (including DMDext)….   THEN install PinUP Player using the installer.

As for having a table not use PuP…here is how you can have both:

It has been asked…how can you have both a table that runs a PuP-Pack, but also have the same table without PuP running (and use your B2S backglass)?

While there isn’t an official solution… NailBuster did come up with this method.

Make a copy of your table.

On your Non-PuP copy of the table….  open the script editor and find    “Sub Table1_Init”.  Add the following to the end of that sub routine.

Dim PuPlayer
                                            Set PuPlayer = CreateObject(“PinUpPlayer.PinDisplay”)
                                            PuPlayer.setscreenex 0,0,0,0,0,3
                                            PuPlayer.setscreenex 2,0,0,0,0,3
                                            PuPlayer.setscreenex 7,0,0,0,0,3
                                            PuPlayer.hide 0
                                            PuPlayer.hide 2
                                            PuPlayer.hide 7

Then save your non PuP version of the table.  Voila! PuP goes away when the table is loaded. (You may see it for 1 sec)

I tried this with Avatar, Batman, AFM, and Tron…and it works perfectly.

Try it out and let me know how this works for you guys.

On the other side of that….its also now recommended to not have a directb2s file running with a PuP-Pack table as its no longer needed and with new upcoming PuP updates, a directb2s may “block” the PuP-Pack. To prevent a directb2s from loading with a PuP-Pack,  jut have a copy of the table you are using for PuP named VERY differently than the directb2s file to prevent it from loading. This would be a good habit to get into from this point on.

I will give everyone a heads up on something….

…since I’ve been testing the new front-end “PinUP Popper” (which uses PinUP Player), we’ve come to the conclusion that now since PinUP Player and Popper are working from the same folder…it would be best to have the “Pinup Player” folder be in its own location instead of the “Tables” folder.

So when you install PinUP Player right now…you can (and have always been able to, like I say in my install video) install to your C drive when it asks where your Tables folder is. If you do then you will get:

C:\PinUPPlayer

When Popper is released it includes PinUP Player (with newest updates) and we’re aiming for the new install to be like:

C:\PinUPSystem

So when Popper is released…don’t worry either way. You’ll have the new Popper install location (wherever you want it) and that will be PuP’s new home.  If you already have PuP installed, you can easily just copy the “PUPVideos” folder and your “PinUpPlayer.ini” to the new “PinUPSystem” folder, and just run the “PinUpPlayerInstall.bat” (Run as Admin) and setup ALL your PuP Screens (Popper uses them ALL now).

Don’t worry if you don’t want to use PinUP Player and only want Popper. You can simply not use the B2SDriver in your Tables\Plugins folder. Popper and PuP work separately.

Didn’t mean to type this much…but there are your updates for now.  :)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 82 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?