PinUp Player now does own scripting!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

Hey, wanted to give an update on a great new ‘game-changer’….punny….

I’ve integrated Windows Script Host within the PUPB2S plugin system.

What this means is outside of VPX/table scripts, you can now use/program with Javascript OR VBScript to control your logic for PinUP Playing videos (on ROM events).

The PUPB2S editor is fine to do the simple ‘if this then play that…’  but as we can see,  things can get complicated when you want to get down and dirty with the ROMs.

You’ll have full control of the PuPlayer as your script takes full control over the events from the ROM.

That means that everything(almost?) that can be done at the VPX table script level (ROM event related) can be done without touching the VPX table script!!

interesting debugging:

I ‘hacked’ a nice debugger by using IE browser.  I wrapped my PUP javascript code within an html file so that I could debug within IE.  IE allows the PuPlayer activeX control creation/control.  I added some testbuttons to the html so I could ‘pop-up’ some PuP videos from the browser to test the javascript logic.  Then a simple copy/paste of the JS over to PuP….neat.

If scripting is not your thing….then don’t worry about it as PuPB2S editor is still working fine and you won’t notice anything different if you don’t need custom PuP scripting.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

dude your a maniac!!…. this will be awesome my friend!!  thanks!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Yeah this is great for everyone to do whatever they like! great stuff our doing for sure :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to see example of its use.

MisterKai
            Participant
              @mrkai

WOOHOO!!! So this is released now :)

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

Attached is a sample ‘skelton’ I’m thinking about.  BUT I don’t know javascript that well(stackoverflow much).  So if some ‘expert’ can take a gander and see or come up with a ‘better’ method than this one.  BTW:  Credit to MisterKai as he did come up with the starting idea as well…

My idea was to create object that ‘subscribe’ to RomEvents.  So you could have 3 objects subscribe to switch4…. once switch4 is hit then all those objects get ‘.checked’.

Attachments:
                Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

http://www.nailbuster.com/nailcode/PinUPPlayer_latest_BETA.zip ??

Wouldn’t mind some details around where we should go to get the latest and greatest. Why not upload it here ?

Once you upload something here. Once its there don’t need admins to approve it – its just an update. We get to see history and well, if you start to hate us you can delete it forever if you want to.

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

well, there’s ‘latest’ beta….and then there’s ‘fresh-out-of-oven’ beta….  With the amount of ‘experimental’ stuff I’m putting in I’ll leave the latest_beta.zip as ‘good to use’.  This other stuff if you want to test/try out, feel free to PM me and I can send you the ‘goods’….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?