PinUP Popper (FrontEnd WIP)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Seeing how many tables he has himself. I’m confident the answer is yes Randr. He’s a programmer, those guys don’t do much manually if they can help it :)

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

bye bye PBX, bye bye

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

what’s a day without a WIP update :)

OK… my initial testing is proving to be total awesome!

Just to give you some quick stats:

I loaded my menusystem with 4000 ROMS/TABLES in the database (obviously lots of mame roms to test the speed/performance)….

startup time is around 1 second to load up 4 video screens and be able to move on the menu!  … its super-duper fast!!!

i’ve designed it so it only ‘loads’ what it needs real-time.  so if you have 1000 tables,  if you only see 10 thumbnails on screen currently… it only ‘works’ with those 10 tables.

oh, and memory consumption/resources… this puppy gets out of the way!  after launching into vpx it takes 0.1% cpu and 60mb of ram while it waits for ‘exit emu’ button in the background.

added xinput joystick support to it too.  (older joysticks will need to use 360ce or a joytokey).

pretty excited so far.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

We need more videos :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
            Participant
              @jesperpark

So are you saying you can ONLY load 4000 tables into the database?  What is randr going to do with his other 4000 tables he has?  :unsure:    :heart:

Parabolic
              Participant
                @parabolic

got a WIP video? Im sure im not the only one wanting to see some kind of “life”!!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

So are you saying you can ONLY load 4000 tables into the database? What is randr going to do with his other 4000 tables he has? :unsure: :heart:

Does PBX still have a limit? I stopped using game manager long ago so I really don’t know.

We would love to see some “life” that’s true.

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

So are you saying you can ONLY load 4000 tables into the database? What is randr going to do with his other 4000 tables he has? :unsure: :heart:

Does PBX still have a limit? I stopped using game manager long ago so I really don’t know. We would love to see some “life” that’s true.

That PBX limit from WAAAAY back was fixed a long time ago…. i dont know what the max is…but that previous limit was fixed. Game Manager works fine now.

I’ve seen PUM life in person….its a bit early to show much more than what he posted right now…but where its going should make many happy….but early days still guys…

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

reason anyone would feel they would like to see how its going would ,maybe the reason I would… fear its not going to be a “pinball” frontend…
                      PBX was built and is maintained by arcade people hence its many issues… so knowing this will be a “true” to its core end user, … “Vpinball” people… and not another hybrid like PBX/gameX ….. what a few feel people want, and what the masses want, many times are two different things… again like PBX

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

you guys wanted a ‘WIP’ video… your wish is my command :)   Remember people,  this is pretty early on in dev..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=105CxT8S-WA

btw:  I don’t have my ‘real’ mame unit up…so I’m designing this around my vpin.  So DOF, SSF….  and stuffs like I want to get working.  Again,  I don’t want people to think that this will do EVERYTHING pbx does and more…..this is an option,  if it works for you, then great.  I’m sure there will be people who don’t see the benefit in this…. no harm done….

3 users thanked author for this post.
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Great video! I like what I see that’s for sure and the speed of the program looks great. I use the vpinball launch animation so I assume you will have the options to use animations for launch or is that a no brainer

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

CarnyPriest
                          Participant
                            @carnypriest

Option for ignoring “The” in alphabetical sorting?

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

you guys wanted a ‘WIP’ video… your wish is my command :) Remember people, this is pretty early on in dev.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=105CxT8S-WA btw: I don’t have my ‘real’ mame unit up…so I’m designing this around my vpin. So DOF, SSF…. and stuffs like I want to get working. Again, I don’t want people to think that this will do EVERYTHING pbx does and more…..this is an option, if it works for you, then great. I’m sure there will be people who don’t see the benefit in this…. no harm done….

DUDE!!!… see thats what i’m F**king talkin about!!!   this might be early…. but god damn!!!… I dont think anyone will care how fancy the GUI is (setup)
                              this so far is fulfilling most of our dreams already!!…. just seeing it all work with super clean common sense menus, feature and content is a feeling of FREEING euphoria
                              I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this… no BS… this is what I love to see in this community, awesome talented people GIVING BACK …..
                              not just money grubbers lookin to make a buck off off other peoples work…. and thats a long list thats getting bigger by the day…. so this is SO refreshing….
                              thank you again…. sorry for all the gushing, I’ll pull my pants up now  ;)

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Lmao @hauntfreaks

for IOS and Android

NailBuster
                                  @nailbuster
                                  ModeratorMember

@hauntfreaks I’m glad that you like what you see so far….  because now I’m hoping you can do the graphical work for us :)  I (we) need lots of system icons and themes for default bg/toppers/dmd/playfields… all sorts of fun stuffs.  right now i just put some place-holder files for graphics…. but we’ll need some ‘polished’ wheel images for the real release!

good to see that others are excited about it too!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

@hauntfreaks I’m glad that you like what you see so far…. because now I’m hoping you can do the graphical work for us :) I (we) need lots of system icons and themes for default bg/toppers/dmd/playfields… all sorts of fun stuffs. right now i just put some place-holder files for graphics…. but we’ll need some ‘polished’ wheel images for the real release! good to see that others are excited about it too!!!

count me in…

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    HauntFreaks
                                      @hauntfreaks
                                      vipContributorMember

just throwing this out there …. it would be great if this was something the end user could make there own themes for… like the Attract Mode frontend
                                      I bring this up, because anything that will drive the community to want to contribute more, this could be another avenue for people to be creative that might have design skills but don’t want to get involved in a complete table build…. just some food for thought

markrock76
                                      Participant
                                        @markrock76

This is looking really good so far.  I, like I’m sure others, have my tables in table name folders inside the tables folder.  Visual Pinball\Tables\ACDC Luci (Stern 2013)\ACDC Luci (Stern 2013).vpx for example.  Will we be able to point directly to a table name path instead of the folder name?

NailBuster
                                          @nailbuster
                                          ModeratorMember

Option for ignoring “The” in alphabetical sorting?

it has ‘display name’, different than filename so you could remove the ‘the’ manually or globally with an sql command from the display field….

but even better, you could use an ‘active-playlist’ (which is an sql command) that orders by a ‘calculated field’ that can make options limitless…

///

as for tables in sub-folders,  that’s tricky as that will cause other issues with my other planned ideas.  I really want to make it ‘web-friendly’ where I can loadup a page and copy vpx/media directly to cab without using file-explorer.  And it’s probably going to have to be a one-folder solution….  maybe a 2.0 feature.

//

I really want to focus on the functionality/tech first…  the graphics/theme stuff is ‘nice’ but can easily be updated in future versions once the ‘core’ of the product is working.    that being said,  it is using puppackeditor for the screen layouts and such.  and you have seen what Terry is able to do with overlays/underlays and such so I think we have a really good ‘start’ to a user-theme -like interface.

Rajo Joey
                                          Participant
                                            @joey2001

It looks fantastic, what I’ve seen till now. Can’t wait to play with it. Seems to be very easy to configurate.

And the performance is great. And with HF there is a great artist for collaboration.

So I can say: Goodbye PinballX. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 118 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?