PinUP Popper (FrontEnd WIP)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Agreed if hauntfreaks is involved I know it will look great

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Exactly my though.

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Yah…I want more graphics guys on board to help out so I can concentrate more on PuP-Packs….  :)

I was REALLY tired when I was helping to test the other night…but the setup as you see in the video is really easy. Will be curious to see how 4K videos pan out as I have stopped creating playfield videos until I can use 4K videos.

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

I also use a subfolder for each table in the tables folder like mentioned above …… plus there each in their own system folder so, VPX, VP9, MP5 each have their own folder, with a folder for each table….. the reason some of us do this is to have an ultra clean file structure…PBX as limited as it is, does understand this file structure…
            screenshot of my VPX table folder
            untitled-3

Attachments:
            randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Lucky mad scientist is in there all I can say :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                @terryred

I also use a subfolder for each table in the tables folder like mentioned above …… plus there each in their own system folder so, VPX, VP9, MP5 each have their own folder, with a folder for each table….. the reason some of us do this is to have an ultra clean file structure…PBX as limited as it is, does understand this file structure… screenshot of my VPX table folder untitled-3

I used to be like this in my PC Home Theater days…but with VPX….while it looks nice, it creates more work for you with no real benefit doesn’t it? I know its hard to give up such a nice clean looking folder structure (I also started out this way with FP and VPX), but isn’t it just creating more work for you? Also can be a pain with B2S / PuP in terms of PuPCapture working too.  (unless you have PuP installed and its working nicely for you?)

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

nope not at all…. what more work is it??…. I dont use my cab for anything but playing… so all my work is done from my fat ass on the couch thru my local network…. so while working on tables there already in there own folder, when done i drag the folder to my cab, done… to have all those file in one folder is disturbing, its a perpetuating of a bad habit created many years ago, …. personally I have never did the single folder thing, even in my FP days…. so the short answer is no its not more work at all, in the end what you get is the best way to navigate your files…. as awesome as this front end would be, I would never give up a clean file structure

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

the folder structure won’t be a problem for the menu system… the only issue is you’ll have to manually maintain the folder structure instead of using the ‘possible’ web-front-end adding feature.

but when I tested folders-per-table.   b2s was not liking it, and dof didn’t work… so I stuck with all in one folder.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

the folder structure won’t be a problem for the menu system… the only issue is you’ll have to manually maintain the folder structure instead of using the ‘possible’ web-front-end adding feature. but when I tested folders-per-table. b2s was not liking it, and dof didn’t work… so I stuck with all in one folder.

Good point…as I don’t think HF uses DOF, so he may not see that issue yet….nor would he see it with PuP if he hasn’t tried it either.

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

this might help…. when doing this in PBX… PBX looks at the folder name NOT the file name…. so it opens whatever table is within that folder

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

well im not the only guy doing this… i’m a trailblazer but there are others that follow…LOL    and I’m sure they do have DOF

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

inside each table folder has:
                            table file
                            b2s file
                            screenres.txt

TerryRed
                              @terryred

inside each table folder has: table file b2s file screenres.txt

Yah…when testing PuPCapture…we noticed that if you run a table outside of where b2s server was (like on desktop)…pupcapture didnt work….there was 1 or 2 files that needed to be present in the same folder as your table for it to work…can’t remember which though…so at worst…you would just need to copy those files into each folder….ew!

TerryRed
                                @terryred

…i think it was needing a B2s backglass and screenres.txt being present, which you have.

…BUT if you are running a PuP-Pack you don’t need a B2S (which may go overtop of the PuP-Pack)….unless you want both i suppose.

NailBuster
                                  @nailbuster
                                  ModeratorMember

I will say that having a screenres and b2s config file COPY in each/every sub-folder for the sake of winning a folder-beauty contest is not really the best solution :)

if you have to change your screenres.txt…. you need to modify/copy 100’s of them?  or if b2s needs a new option/setting….. not ideal

regardless…. it’ll work either way…

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

I will say that having a screenres and b2s config file COPY in each/every sub-folder for the sake of winning a folder-beauty contest is not really the best solution :) if you have to change your screenres.txt…. you need to modify/copy 100’s of them? or if b2s needs a new option/setting….. not ideal regardless…. it’ll work either way…

Now if you want to have a different aspect ratio or size / position for each directb2s Backglass…

…then that USED to be the only way to do it….but Westworld more recent updates of B2S Server took care of that and now you can just have a screenres for each table in the Tables folder now…and it actually works. (it didnt before)

HauntFreaks
                                      @hauntfreaks
                                      vipContributorMember

so pup capture it like the thing to capture the table videos like in PBX the gtxjoe made??

we can look at it like this…. if someone like me want to use the frontend… I and the others like me might have to suffer a bit if we want all the features to work
                                      so if it still can do all the standard function, I know i’m find with it….

I did talk to GTXjoe once about this, and he did say if it was really needed, he could add it so it would work… I never pressed to issue

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

so pup capture it like the thing to capture the table videos like in PBX the gtxjoe made?? we can look at it like this…. if someone like me want to use the frontend… I and the others like me might have to suffer a bit if we want all the features to work so if it still can do all the standard function, I know i’m find with it…. I did talk to GTXjoe once about this, and he did say if it was really needed, he could add it so it would work… I never pressed to issue

PuPCapture is what PuP uses to monitor and detect specific DMD images (through DMDext) in order to trigger specific videos…without needing B2S….but actually it may have been PuP’s B2S triggering that may not have worked….  bottom line is…it PuP wouldnt work right if the table wasn’t where those B2S server files where. Like NB said…one way or another it should still work for you.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Well. The solution is that you have a master screenres.txt and a master b2stablesettings.xml file. These files should be a hard-linked to where ever you put your tables.

What I do. And I don’t have HF’s tidy structure is that I put new tables into a “new” folder. I play, update or tweak them there before adding them to pbx. The screenres.txt and db2stablesettings.txt file actually are located in my “final” VPX folder and any copy of these just points to it instead of being copies of the real file. This makes me able to change eg. the db2s from Elvis “realistic” to “fantacy” in the test folder and it still going to work the same when put under the menu system. From experience I don’t want to drag tables into PBX too early, there is often fixes and stuff done to them so out of experience I’ll wait until the “new” table has become a final release before they are added to pbx. Saves me a bit of work in the long run.

Maybe that is something that could be considered to this front-end ?

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

continuing on Thalamus said…. at setup of the front end if possible… the user be prompted where all the key system files are… maybe i’m talkin out my ass…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 118 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?