PinUP Popper (FrontEnd WIP)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I’m bumping this. Shameful I know but… BUMPED

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

I assumed he his coding this 20 hours a day, mainlining Redbulls B-)    No time for updates :cry:

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

I’ll tell you this much guys….

On my desktop I was testing while browsing with three 4K videos per table…..all three videos played silky smooth. On my cabinet I can’t get even one 4K video to play smooth in PBX currently.

cure80
          Participant
            @cure80

Nailbuster, you’re my hero  :good:

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

good progress is being made!!!

testing on my cab yesterday, it’s sooo quick that it can fool you…  When I exit a VPX table,  the menu system comes back in a quick blink and the playfield video will play… you’ll think that you’ve not left the table, but its actually the video of the table playing :)  I’ll have to add a ‘splash’ when returning so that doesn’t look spooky.

moving/updating screens in the menu is near-instant with a SSD…..really cool!

also, I’ve got SSF working in the menu so its nice to ‘hear’ the flipper sounds in their place while browsing.

just going through my starting ‘list’ so that we can have a ‘pre-beta’ testing phase soon….

think I’ll post a video soon of the first ‘real table-launch’ on my vpin :)

Had an idea..  what do you guys think of attract mode that actually ‘loads-goes-into’ a table and sits there for a timeout?

so instead of just attract mode moving in menu…  you could just walk-up add-quarters and start playing instantly, whatever the ‘random’ table happens to be loaded.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Anything you come up with would be a great option I’m sure! As long as I can still run my “loading” animation found here

VPinball Loading Animation (for PinballX)

for IOS and Android

Martymoose
                Participant
                  @martymoose

Had a good read and watched the YouTube videos this weekend

If this frontend looks as good as the player

Your going to have a winner

I for one am going to hold off on pinballx for awhile to give this a go

PS will there be a beta soon and will there be a DONATE button

Cheers marty

Xagesz
                  Participant
                    @jage

Can I get in on alpha/beta testing?

This may be a ridiculous request can we get an audit tool? I hate having dozens of old files.

Jack Of All Trades
                    Master of None
                    Always better than a master of one.

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

Can’t wait to have a light front-end alternative for pbx. It looks really good and with all the flex build in this one is going to be a winner!

More than happy to do my share of beta testing.

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

This looks interesting, can’t wait to give it a whirl.

Slydog43
                        Participant
                          @slydog43

This is going to be one the greatest new additions to the VP scene (well I hope so, and I’m pretty sure it will).  Can’t wait, bring it on!

Im a vb, sqlite, etc guy, so I can write a simple pinballx XML to sqlite format no problem.  I have my own VP database for managing my VP stuff (outputs to xml for pinballx)

very excited

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          TerryRed
                            @terryred

….and lo and behold…

…TerryRed approached his pinball cabinet….and prayed to the Popper God, “Lord, what thou would give to be able to simply load thine table from PinUP Popper, and hence be able to create new video media for that table?”

TerryRed then starts PinUP Popper and browsed through thine VPX tables….suffering as he sees all of his old ugly looking 1080p media on his 4K screen. To distract himself from his sadness….he loads a VPX table to play… now happy to see a crisp 4K display.

…but behold!!!!  A voice spoke to TerryRed…  “START RECORDING”

TerryRed did not know what this voice was…but he was certain that he heard it on a couple of Youtube videos he had seen. Could this be….  the Popper GOD???

…but behold!!!!  As time passed (..about 30 secs), another voice spoke to TerryRed…  “RECORDING FINISHED”

TerryRed shook with fear…and dropped to the floor and bowed his head to offer a humble gesture to the Popper GOD.

…but behold!!! As more time passed (..about 2 mins maybe?), the same voice spoke one last time…  “CONVERSION COMPLETE”

TerryRed got up right away…and saw nothing different on his screens…thou game was still playing. TerryRed was puzzled…perhaps he could find answers in documentation scripture for PinUP Popper. So he pressed the EXIT button to return to PinUP Popper.

….and instantly at that moment…TerryRed shook with a tremendously humbled fear..and gave glory to the Popper GOD! For he beheld that his ugly 1080p video for his VPX table was no more! A new 4K playfield video had been created for his table, and had been properly named…and converted to a smaller file size…and then automatically copied to the VPX specific media folder where it would reside in the heavens for use with PinUP Popper!

….and this miracle had been completely done within the PinUP Popper menu options for the table….which started with the press of one button after the table had been launched.

….and TerryRed said, “Let there be light!”  …and the Popper GOD created  8,294,400 pixels of beautiful new 4K table media light…. and it was good.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                            NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

that was hilarious!!!  thanks for a morning laugh!!! :yes:   :yes:   :yes:   :yes:

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

<iframe src=”https://giphy.com/embed/xrWxhxv6K7gHK&#8221; width=”480″ height=”383″ frameBorder=”0″ class=”giphy-embed” allowFullScreen></iframe>

via GIPHY

Slydog43
                                Participant
                                  @slydog43

Bump, just so excited.  I want more news, possible beta???  I want to play with more things for my new 3rd screen for dmd  :yahoo:

casperroux
                                  Participant
                                    @casperroux

This looks really COOL… :good:
                                    Any news on a Beta?

Psmiraglia
                                    Participant
                                      @psmiraglia

is there an option to run batch files before and after launching the emulators. I use that extensively for VP, FX, and FP.

thanks for the good work.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

The frontend can auto import all tables from the tables folder no problem as is. I leave names as authors have them also and not a problem I just copied all my media over from pbx media folder and works good.

********************************************************
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

My workflow when adding tables is a bit different from what I’ve read in this thread: I like to keep the table filename exactly as defined by the author, which allows me to know exactly the version I have and prevents me from trying to update a table to a version I already have. Then all the media is named after “description” which is usually the ipdb standard name. This saves me time when I upgrade a table, as I do not need to touch the media. For ease of migration and maintenance, I hope popper will be able to match media to table filename *or* description.

is there an option to run batch files before and after launching the emulators. I use that extensively for VP, FX, and FP.

For those of us that have not dealt with SQL in while, do yo7 have a tool to recommend that would take PBX XMLs and bulk 8mport them into popper’s DB?

thanks for the good work.

The Launch Before and Post is built into Popper and is literally batch commands without the need for external files….but you can still run actual BAT files if you want. I also used BAT or AHK for all my systems with PBX…but no need to as Popper will do all your BAT commands itself. (I also got rid of all my “workarounds” I needed with other frontends).

Psmiraglia
                                          Participant
                                            @psmiraglia
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 118 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?