Playboy Bally (1978) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

HA! ok.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

robertms
      Participant
        @mophead

ICPjuggla and gtxjoe, awesome table, brings back lots of memories. Beautiful job on the lighting (the pink option is a nice touch) and very realistic inserts. Very nicely done, many thanks for this gem!

Pinball Shawn
        Participant
          @pinballshawn

I have no game sounds for this, I do have standard sounds like flippers and pops, any ideas of what the problem is?

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Odd. only thing can be delete NVram or try new rom?

for IOS and Android

Pinball Shawn
            Participant
              @pinballshawn

Did all that. Deleted NVRAM and CFG files, tried different roms, put new samples back into vpinmame/samples folder(zipped and unzipped), nothing. Made sure the pinmame paths were correct and they are. I get no ‘game’ sounds on any Bally of that era, like Kiss and Playboy. It’s weird. I’m open to suggestions.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Is the vbs for Bally blocked or missing or not updated to vpx version? Not sure even if it was different from vp9.

for IOS and Android

Pinball Shawn
                Participant
                  @pinballshawn

I updated it with VPX, but I went ahead and replaced it again tonight. Still no-go. Took it out of the tables folder, put it back in, nothing. It’s an anomaly. Bally tables work on VP9.9 and physmod 5, but not on vp9.2 or VPX. It’s a shame because this Playboy is a great looking/playing table.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Drain visible so that’s a bug but sound does work here…hmmm

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Drain visible so that’s a bug but sound does work here…hmmm see attached video below

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

I updated it with VPX, but I went ahead and replaced it again tonight. Still no-go. Took it out of the tables folder, put it back in, nothing. It’s an anomaly. Bally tables work on VP9.9 and physmod 5, but not on vp9.2 or VPX. It’s a shame because this Playboy is a great looking/playing table.

Not sure why it doesn’t work, it also doesn’t work for me.

Open the script, underneath line 158 “With Controller” add a line

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound") = 1

and it might work… however, not working for me! I’ve tried a lot of things here, it’s not the table because other roms work with sound in this table. Very odd. I’ll let you know if I find anything

Another fix on this table is selecting the drain – select it and on the options menu, select Display: KickerInvisible

The GI Color setting in script doesn’t seem to work, it’s always pink
                        Reason? Because it’s for the old VP9 version. Huh! That would be an easy update at least if people were interested. Pink looks cool though.

Punch it!

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

I thought lighting was pink by design! Lmao does work for this table no doubt

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Pinball Shawn
                          Participant
                            @pinballshawn

We’re not the only ones with sound issues. I’ve seen it in other threads.
                            Which roms are working on this table btw?

ICPjuggla
                              @icpjuggla
                              MembervipModerator

try this vbs file for the sound, I had the issue too when we were building it.. I used this file and it worked..

For the pink GI we liked the look and went with it.. It was a conversion from the old VP9 table, that table had two options in the script pink gi or white gi.. for the VPX version the option now doesn’t work..

Sorry but your stuck with the pink gi.. :-)

Edit: also, put s3250u3.zip in Visual Pinball/VPinMame/samples doing that you should be all set.

Attachments:
                              randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Well works here… Did you try f1 while table is running to make sure use sound is checked in pinmame?

for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
                                  @icpjuggla
                                  MembervipModerator

The kicker hole issue must be a bug in the final VPX b/c it worked fine in rev2239.. :-)

I’d update the table but cant b/c randr is the owner of the upload.. lol :-)

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Yeah I owned it as I moved it to new downloads area :( can you submit new and I will transfer downloads to the new one. Then you will be the right owner again :)

for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
                                      @icpjuggla
                                      MembervipModerator

I’ll get the table updated tomorrow and upload a final VPX version! :-)

Pinball Shawn
                                      Participant
                                        @pinballshawn

try this vbs file for the sound, I had the issue too when we were building it.. I used this file and it worked..

For the pink GI we liked the look and went with it.. It was a conversion from the old VP9 table, that table had two options in the script pink gi or white gi.. for the VPX version the option now doesn’t work..

Sorry but your stuck with the pink gi.. :-)

Edit: also, put s3250u3.zip in Visual Pinball/VPinMame/samples doing that you should be all set.

Thank you very much, I’ll give it a try today!

ICPjuggla
                                          @icpjuggla
                                          MembervipModerator

Okay, I’ve updated the table to 1.2 for VPX final.. :-) enjoy

Pinball Shawn
                                          Participant
                                            @pinballshawn

That worked perfectly! Finally I can enjoy the sweet sweet bloops and bleeps of the classic Bally era :yahoo:
                                            The games just aren’t the same without them.
                                            Btw, I had a Bally Playboy and I did the GI in pink LED’s, so it pretty much looks like my machine did. If I get another one I would do the same thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?