PUPCapture with altcolor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Psmiraglia
    Participant
      @psmiraglia

I’m guessing that PUPcapture is looking for specific bitmaps, hence the need for specific DMD colors, right ? That being the case, it “downgrades” color DMDs to non-altcolor state, which is a bummer, for example for Avatar. Short of re-capturing all the target bitmaps, is there a workaround for PUPcapture to just look for on/off pixels rather than rbg matches ? maybe dmdext/dmddevice can output b&B to PUPcapture ?

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I’m guessing that PUPcapture is looking for specific bitmaps, hence the need for specific DMD colors, right ? That being the case, it “downgrades” color DMDs to non-altcolor state, which is a bummer, for example for Avatar. Short of re-capturing all the target bitmaps, is there a workaround for PUPcapture to just look for on/off pixels rather than rbg matches ? maybe dmdext/dmddevice can output b&B to PUPcapture ?

It can match colours that are different than what the PuPCapture Images for the table are….but if your colour is too far different, than it may not catch all the PuPCapture images. Therefor its better to recommend that you use a colour close to that which was used.

We note what DMD colour was used in the download description, so that you guys know what to change your DMD colour to. Sadly, we can’t make everyone happy with this particular feature. I personally would gladly give up 4 of my fav colours, for 16.7 million that I get in the videos. :)

Psmiraglia
        Participant
          @psmiraglia

I think we should explore the possibility of making PUPCapture color agnostic… if “whateverprocess” that reads the DMD (dmddevice.dll ?) can just transform to monochrome, then you are set…

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I think we should explore the possibility of making PUPCapture color agnostic… if “whateverprocess” that reads the DMD (dmddevice.dll ?) can just transform to monochrome, then you are set…

NailBuster actually did implement something like this already (converting to mono first I believe)….so that’s why most colours will work depending on the colour of the PuPCap images…but not all.  It’s not as simple as creating a greyscale image…or creating black and white only images.  I know he tried all that before.

MisterKai
            Participant
              @mrkai

All of mine are with altcolor – they are fine as the “formula” is applied to the pixels. it matches greyscale.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?