RECORD 4K Playfield Videos using NVIDIA ShadowPlay

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/record-4k-playfield-videos-using-nvidia-shadowplay-or-amd-relive/

AMD updates is forthcoming…

With this update, those who have NVIDIA video cards can use ShadowPlay to record 4K playfield media from PinUP Popper’s interface! This will allow the use of GPU accelerated recording which is much more efficient than the default FFMPEG CPU recording method and is much more ideal for 4K videos!

NOTE: This update can also be used if you have an AMD graphics card….just waiting for details from NailBuster on how to do that.

Thanks to NailBuster and DJRobx for getting this to work!

Watch my video tutorial to see how to update PinUP Popper and configure NVIDIA ShadowPlay Recording.

How to use:

When fully setup, run PinUP Popper. “Select” (not Start) your table, then choose “Record Displays”, then “Record Playfield”. The table will load like normal.

When ready, press your “Record” key/button, and you will hear Pepper Popper tell you “I am now Recording you playing with your balls!” This starts the recording. When done (max 60 secs), you MUST press the “Record” key/button again to stop.

Pepper Popper with then tell you “Recording has stopped, please wait for encoding. Do no touch system”.

Listen to the lovely Jeopardy music.

When you hear Nailbuster say “Recording now done. Enjoy”…. your playfield media has been recorded, converted to a smaller file size, renamed to match your game’s name in the database, and finally copied to where its needed in your POPMedia.

Exit the table. Your new playfield media should now display when you browse to your table.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Once again Terry. Excellent tutorial. Without these who many questions wouldn’t we have to answer again and again. Army man ? You should be a teacher.

Thanks also of course to you Nailbuster and Rob for your work – I’m sure it wasn’t all Terry :)

TerryRed
          @terryred

Once again Terry. Excellent tutorial. Without these who many questions wouldn’t we have to answer again and again. Army man ? You should be a teacher.

Thanks also of course to you Nailbuster and Rob for your work – I’m sure it wasn’t all Terry :)

Thanks.

Being in the military….you have no choice but to teach, alot…. one way or another.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

OMG!

so i can have a double tap of launch button to start the table! single tap for OPTIONS!!! jeezus i am stupid

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

TerryRed
              @terryred

OMG!

so i can have a double tap of launch button to start the table! single tap for OPTIONS!!! jeezus i am stupid

LOL…that’s why I showed that…as everyone is missing that stuff.   :)

You can also have your START button instantly launch as well as having the Launch button as your “Select” button.

I’ll should do a “browsing and options” video. Not because we are all dumb….but because we have “options” we didn’t know about, and never thought to try until now.  :)

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

well honestly the “lingo” is a bit tough but makes sense now! at least that small part :)

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                  @terryred

One thing I will point out that I’m seeing….and it will only affect the 3 of us who care…   ;)

One thing I have noticed…. that having ShadowPlay enabled seems to slow down FP A LOT if using 4K. This has nothing to do with Popper. Turning off ShadowPlay puts FP back to normal.

If anyone else has similar issues, let me know.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

I don’t have a 4K tv so…

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                      @terryred

I’m guessing the performance hits on FP is because it uses OpenGL, and ShadowPlay may work “differently” with OpenGL.

If this is too much of an issue for someone, then OBS can be used instead for 4K recording. You need to have it setup correctly though.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

If anyone has this update installed….PLEASE let me know if you have issues with Popper or FP.

Until testing this update, I never had Geforce Experience (and ShadowPlay) installed on my cab over the last 2 years as it always seemed to give me oddball problems. In the last 2 days I noticed FP running terribly…and Popper’s videos were stuttering like crazy. Figured it was GFE, and sure enough uninstalling GFE allowed FP and Popper to return to normal. This may only be an issue with my system, but if you guys have video issues with Popper…see if GFE is the problem. :(

Keyza Soulsay
                        Participant
                          @darxide

Ok, having some issues:

-Pressing Alt+F9, I don’t hear any confirmation that recording has begun, at all.

– Something does happen, though- certain playfield elements suddenly become translucent

-When I press alt+f9 to stop recording, I don’t hear a confirmation that encoding has begun

-If I check the video folder, there is actually a video there under the vpinballx.exe folder.  Sometimes it’s the playfield with the translucent element, sometimes it’s blank, sometimes it’s the loading screen.

I’m running windowed fullscreen with dbs2 backglasses if that helps.

Having said that, I really want to use Pinup system- what is the preferred method for creating vids if I uninstall geforce experience?

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

Ok, having some issues: -Pressing Alt+F9, I don’t hear any confirmation that recording has begun, at all. – Something does happen, though- certain playfield elements suddenly become translucent -When I press alt+f9 to stop recording, I don’t hear a confirmation that encoding has begun -If I check the video folder, there is actually a video there under the vpinballx.exe folder. Sometimes it’s the playfield with the translucent element, sometimes it’s blank, sometimes it’s the loading screen. I’m running windowed fullscreen with dbs2 backglasses if that helps. Having said that, I really want to use Pinup system- what is the preferred method for creating vids if I uninstall geforce experience?

you need to watch the entire video again… you don’t press alt-f9 yourself….  see like the 6 minute mark of video for how to record.

Keyza Soulsay
                            Participant
                              @darxide

Thanks for the replay, got it working!  Although, I am certain shadowplay is affecting performance some.  Oh well.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Thanks for the replay, got it working! Although, I am certain shadowplay is affecting performance some. Oh well.

Unless you have a 4K screen, there’s no need to be using Shadowplay. The default FFMPEG recording works fine with HD recordings. If you just have HD, then uninstall Geforce Experience, as it won’t be needed if you use FFMPEG.

Cameron
                                Participant
                                  @cameron

Started going through the Youtube tutorial, but I can’t find the shadowplay download anywhere on VPinball that has update that overwrites files in the recording folder… Is this no longer needed? I do have the GeForce experience already installed, but I seem to be stuck at the first step without those files.

Does that make any sense?

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Started going through the Youtube tutorial, but I can’t find the shadowplay download anywhere on VPinball that has update that overwrites files in the recording folder… Is this no longer needed? I do have the GeForce experience already installed, but I seem to be stuck at the first step without those files.

Does that make any sense?

They were removed as that method has been replaced by a better method as part of a PinUP System update.

Update to the latest 1.3.4+ to get a load of new features!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

…and read here about how to Record now. There’s an awesome new autorecord feature now.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=recording_table_media

Cameron
                                    Participant
                                      @cameron

Awesome! I’ll check it out!!!!!

thx,

Cameron

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?