This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  DarthMarino 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
     DarthMarino 
    Participant

This is an updated version of javier1515's Rollergames VPX table. The prototype version of the game (and possibly some very early production units) used 5 drop targets for the left "S-K-A-T-E" bank but for the production run, they were replaced with standup targets. The prototype ROM is required for these to function: rollr_d2.  Both versions are included with this release (switchable in the script). The non modded version uses the normal ROM.

I have also made some additional changes: -Reworked apron and other graphical touch-ups -New background for desktop users with W-I-L-L-I-A-M-S lights -Fixed some playfield issues including the stuck ball in the top right and lights not activating

Like 10+

Some users who have liked this topic:

6 users thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Much more satisfying hitting drop targets. Strange but true. I assume this was permission to mod from Javier?

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

DarthMarino 
    Participant

Much more satisfying hitting drop targets. Strange but true. I assume this was permission to mod from Javier?

Yeah, it was listed as “Permission to mod, without approval”.

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Thanks Javier and DarthMarino.

Micronaut 
    Participant

Thanks for this mod! i`m also the “rollergames” original table,i like more with drop target.

the original table rom (afther rename  “rollr_d2”) no work,here it`s the prototipe rom   :http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4517-rollergames-ad-2-prototype/?_fromLogin=1

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  Micronaut.
     DarthMarino 
    Participant

Thanks for this mod! im also the “rollergames” original table,i like more with drop target. the original table rom (afther rename “rollr_d2”) no work,here its the prototipe rom :http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4517-rollergames-ad-2-prototype/?_fromLogin=1

Hmm, I was using the rollr_d2 and it was working fine. I will look into the AD-2 version.

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Drop targets are ALWAYS better in any pinball machine.  Thanks for the mod

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

LOL…maybe its me, but this mods needs more mod….LOL

Tamachi 
    Participant

Is it me or we need both roms (rollr_d2 & rollr_l2) otherwise music won’t work ?

Thank you for the great mod :)

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  Tamachi.
     Slydog43 
    Participant

I’m having trouble with the roms, what roms are needed exactly?  I have d2 but game will not start.

-Sorry got it to start after a 3rd reset, :)

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  Slydog43.
     DarthMarino 
    Participant

I’m having trouble with the roms, what roms are needed exactly? I have d2 but game will not start. -Sorry got it to start after a 3rd reset, :)

Haha. Happens to us all. Let me know if the ROM is working OK.  I noticed that one download of it only had 2 files in it and it didn’t work.  The one I use has 7 files.

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

If you are getting your romsets at VPUniverse then you need to be aware that the sets are published a lot like most MAME sets, as split roms where the clone set only has the binary files that are different from the parent. If you are using a clone set then you must also download and copy the parent set. In this case, rollr_l2.zip and rollr_d2.zip.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Unable to get table to load. Get a script error Line 160. Am I suppose to put the name of the rom in Line 160? Thanks appreciate any help

DarthMarino 
    Participant

Unable to get table to load. Get a script error Line 160. Am I suppose to put the name of the rom in Line 160? Thanks appreciate any help

Do you have the prototype ROM?  It’s required for the drop targets to work. “rollr_d2” is the name and it should have 7 files in it.  If it has less than you can get the rest from “rollr_l2” and add those to the “rollr_d2” zip file.  If you are still having issues you can turn off the mod in the script and it will use normal ROM and standup targets.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Thanks DarthMarino I’ll check the rom out

Shamrock1980 
    Participant

Thnx for the build great work and fun to play

Pinfan45 
    Participant

No Go Still can’t get the Modded Rom to work. :-( I copied the files from the L2 Rom to the

D2 and still get the Line 160 Error. Could someone please post their working Rom? Thanks

Appreciate it

DarthMarino 
    Participant

No Go Still can’t get the Modded Rom to work. :-( I copied the files from the L2 Rom to the D2 and still get the Line 160 Error. Could someone please post their working Rom? Thanks Appreciate it

Does the non drop-target mod version work?  Change line 30 in the script from DTMod=1 to DTMod=0

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Darth Marino Yep the non drop target version works. Thanks

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pinfan45.
     xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

rollr_d2
    Working Prototype “rollr_d2” ROM.

Carry on.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account