ROM MOD in VPX?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Watacaractr
    Participant
      @watacaractr

Hello all. This may be a crazy question but does anyone know if you can MOD a ROM to change text for say, a new table MOD? Example: Bubba the Redneck Werewolf uses the Hollywood Heat rom but the backglass score reads “Hollywood’s Finest…”, “Heat Bumper”, “The Heat is On”, etc. Can you open the .cpu file in the rom and change the text and make it work somehow? I noticed that if I open the .cpu file in notepad, I can change the text, but for some reason when I replace the file and try to open the table, the score doesn’t display correctly. Please help if anyone can. Thank you in advance.  :scratch:

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

Hello all. This may be a crazy question but does anyone know if you can MOD a ROM to change text for say, a new table MOD? Example: Bubba the Redneck Werewolf uses the Hollywood Heat rom but the backglass score reads “Hollywood’s Finest…”, “Heat Bumper”, “The Heat is On”, etc. Can you open the .cpu file in the rom and change the text and make it work somehow? I noticed that if I open the .cpu file in notepad, I can change the text, but for some reason when I replace the file and try to open the table, the score doesn’t display correctly. Please help if anyone can. Thank you in advance. :scratch:

are you using the “bubba.zip” rom?
        it can be found here
        http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/bubba-the-redneck-werewolf-hollywood-horror-rom-mod-bubba-zip/

here is the post by STAT that explains what you need to do this yourself
        http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/bubba-the-redneck-werewolf-2017/#post-67908

Watacaractr
        Participant
          @watacaractr

Thanks, HF for the link. I figured it out. :) Next question…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?