Running in PORTRAIT MODE…. help !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Phil Docker
    Participant
      @dock

Again I am asking for help.

This is my latest build:

2017 – New Build – The 'Ark Vim' project.

Picture of nearly finished game:
      ramvik

Now if you notice on the bottom left I am running a small screen for my backglass.  It works fine.  However I was thinking tonight (yes dangerous I know) – and thought I could perhaps run in a small remote window my B2S file on top of my normal playfield.

This is where I have had fun.  I first of all put windows itself in PORTRAIT mode and adjusted all the ScreenRes text files and Pinball X front end to work…

I then started VPX. VP9 and VP9 mod – and altering the video preferences each game filled the screen but 90 degrees out !  I know in VPX you can run desktop mode – which I do not really want to do as I do not want the ‘logo’ and perspective you seem to get.   Plus I still enjoy dozens of VP9 mod and VP9 tables.

Is there a way this will work, as when I run as it is now – the B2S backglass when on the playfield is 90 degrees out….

Can you rotate the backglass only?

Can you also make the backglass ‘always on top’ in some kind of setting.  I have downloaded the ‘always on top’ app but I can not seem to get this to work (it runs but I do not understand how you start it or use it).  I can not seem to get anything out of it when I click the backglass and hit CTRL and SPACE.

So – any help on this or suggestions – as it would look nicer to get rid of that small screen…..

Attachments:
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I dont see why not other then losing focus issues? but that could even be fixed with a script. Never tried anything like that BUT dammit i like your coffee table! :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
        Participant
          @sliderpoint
          MemberContributor

If you are running windows in portrait, your table backdrop XY rotation setting would need to be 0 (zero), but that would have to be changed for every table file .  As for the always on top option… not sure.

-Mike

Phil Docker
          Participant
            @dock

Is there a way of rotating the B2S backglass then ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?