Safe Cracker (Bally 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    fuzzel
    Participant
      @fuzzel
      VP DEV

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=86041

Here is Bally’s SafeCracker from 1996.

There seems to be a problem with the upper ABC lane triggers in this game. Sometimes they don’t trigger as expected so we think it might be an emulation (VPM) issue.

You can win multiple magic tokens in a game. But instead of pushing an extra button to start the ‘Assault Mode’ every new game will automatically start the special mode until you run out of tokens.

Credits:

– VPX by flupper1, fuzzel, rothbauerw

– Contributors: acronovum, hauntfreaks

– VP9 Authors: ICPjuggla, OldSkoolGamer and Herweh

– Code snippets from Destruk, JPSalas, and Unclewilly

Total of 42 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Thanks fuzzel and flupper.  It was a pleasure working with you and I appreciate everything you guys do for the hobby!

Table came out absolutely awesome!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

Thanks for the table…great job!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Thanks to everyone involved for a great build. :good:

fuzzel you really do so much for vp so extra shout out to you.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
            ICPjuggla
              @icpjuggla
              MembervipModerator

It’s funny I had no idea this was in the works. I was never contacted to use anything from our VP9 version. I’ve been gone for a bit now but still around to answer pm’s and or e-mails. In the past, proper protocol would of been to contact the original author(s) and ask if it’s cool! Maybe things are different now but who knows.

With that said, I’m not going to make a big deal about it! It looks like proper credit was given. So I’m not going to worry about it!

Maybe reach out next time and follow proper protocol!

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

This is a really great game. Thanks for bringing it to VPX with your appreciable skills. Quite a collection of talent on this.

Pinbolt
                Participant
                  @pinbolt

Thank you very much fuzzel. Great work, looks fantastic.

Bambi Plattfuss
                  Participant
                    @bambiplattfuss

Thank you so much for that! Gladly i already did a topper for that!

Also i fell in love with this table after i played it at freddys now i can play at home

the_greeze
                    Participant
                      @thegreeze

Thanks to all involved!  :yahoo:

Sven34
                      Participant
                        @sven34

Thank you fuzzel for Safe Cracker  :good:

fuzzel
                        Participant
                          @fuzzel
                          VP DEV

It’s funny I had no idea this was in the works. I was never contacted to use anything from our VP9 version. I’ve been gone for a bit now but still around to answer pm’s and or e-mails. In the past, proper protocol would of been to contact the original author(s) and ask if it’s cool! Maybe things are different now but who knows.

With that said, I’m not going to make a big deal about it! It looks like proper credit was given. So I’m not going to worry about it!

@ICP: I have to apologize not for asking you or any one who was involved in the VP9 build. I wanted to ask but then real live took away most of my VP time and I forgot to ask  :scratch: I started with the script of the VP9 build and improved/converted it to VPX. Roth helped a lot here (thanks again ;) ) So sorry again.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          vicviper
                          Participant
                            @vicviper

I luv this table thank u so much

Kalavera3
                            Participant
                              @kalavera3
                              Thank you all, this table looked forward to it from the first day I saw the wip, it was excellent, very good work, and many thanks for sharing this with all of us.
                              GAH1068
                              Participant
                                @gah1068

Anyone else having the ball just freeze for a few seconds at a time and then resume?    Running latest VPX beta, SAMBuild and Freezy’s DMDExt.   All my other VPX tables are working fine.

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw

Anyone else having the ball just freeze for a few seconds at a time and then resume? Running latest VPX beta, SAMBuild and Freezy’s DMDExt. All my other VPX tables are working fine.

If you have a lower end system, try turning off playfield reflections.

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

What version of VP does this require? I am using the official 10.4 release. It says in the script that you need at least 10.4.

I am getting errors on lines 55 and 2507.

Line 55

Variable is undefined: ‘keyStagedFlipperL’

ICPjuggla
                                      @icpjuggla
                                      MembervipModerator

@ICP: I have to apologize not for asking you or any one who was involved in the VP9 build. I wanted to ask but then real live took away most of my VP time and I forgot to ask :scratch: I started with the script of the VP9 build and improved/converted it to VPX. Roth helped a lot here (thanks again ;) ) So sorry again.

Apology accepted. We good man. Nice work on this!

mborz
                                      Participant
                                        @mborz

What version of VP does this require? I am using the official 10.4 release. It says in the script that you need at least 10.4. I am getting errors on lines 55 and 2507. Line 55 Variable is undefined: ‘keyStagedFlipperL’

I am getting the exact same thing.  Also using vpx 10.4

rothbauerw
                                          @rothbauerw

What version of VP does this require? I am using the official 10.4 release. It says in the script that you need at least 10.4. I am getting errors on lines 55 and 2507. Line 55 Variable is undefined: ‘keyStagedFlipperL’

I am getting the exact same thing. Also using vpx 10.4

I’m using 10.4 final without issues.  That said, there have been many similar issues reported on 10.4.  Most likely you have a bad script file floating around.

Two suggestions:

1. Search for VPMkeys.vbs and make sure you only have the latest in your scripts folder.
                                          2. Upgrade your scripts to 10.5.  I believe there was a fix in 10.5 that never made it back to the official 10.4 build that has fixed flipper errors for others.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

I am getting the exact same thing. Also using vpx 10.4

I’m using 10.4 final without issues. That said, there have been many similar issues reported on 10.4. Most likely you have a bad script file floating around.

Two suggestions:

1. Search for VPMkeys.vbs and make sure you only have the latest in your scripts folder.
                                            2. Upgrade your scripts to 10.5. I believe there was a fix in 10.5 that never made it back to the official 10.4 build that has fixed flipper errors for others.

Excellent. That fixed it. I deleted the scripts folder and installed a fresh version. First time I have had this issue before. I wonder how the scripts get corrupted?

Plays great so far. I know I have said this before but I think Pat Lawlor was a genius. Well done everyone.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?