Safe Cracker (Bally 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    mborz
    Participant
      @mborz

What version of VP does this require? I am using the official 10.4 release. It says in the script that you need at least 10.4. I am getting errors on lines 55 and 2507. Line 55 Variable is undefined: ‘keyStagedFlipperL’

I am getting the exact same thing. Also using vpx 10.4

I’m using 10.4 final without issues. That said, there have been many similar issues reported on 10.4. Most likely you have a bad script file floating around. Two suggestions:

1. Search for VPMkeys.vbs and make sure you only have the latest in your scripts folder.
      2. Upgrade your scripts to 10.5. I believe there was a fix in 10.5 that never made it back to the official 10.4 build that has fixed flipper errors for others.

Thanks!  I replaced my VPMKeys.vbs with the one from the latest 10.5 beta and all is well!

I am going to just upgrade to 10.5 beta next.

Thanks again!

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

there really is no reason not to update to 10.5… you dont even have to get rid of your 10.4
        just make a folder for 10.5 dump all the files into it….
        I have every version of VPX in my machine from 10.0 beta to 10.5 latest beta all in there own folder

mborz
        Participant
          @mborz

there really is no reason not to update to 10.5… you dont even have to get rid of your 10.4

just make a folder for 10.5 dump all the files into it….

I have every version of VPX in my machine from 10.0 beta to 10.5 latest beta all in there own folder

Thanks.  I did upgrade to 10.5 beta, and all is well.  Had a blast tonight playing Safe Cracker and a bunch of other new tables.

I am one of the “takers” of the community and I just want to say how much I appreciate everyone’s hard work and dedication.  These reproductions just keep getting better and better and bring back so many great memories.  You guys have built a great community.

vogliadicane
          Participant
            @vogliadicane

I heard a lot good things about this table, but never played it. Now I must say yes, wow, super cool ideas and gameplay.

And I can play it only because you flupper and all guys, who contributed made it real for VPX. Thanks a lot, great work here. :heart:

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw
              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Anyone else having the ball just freeze for a few seconds at a time and then resume? Running latest VPX beta, SAMBuild and Freezy’s DMDExt. All my other VPX tables are working fine.

If you have a lower end system, try turning off playfield reflections.

This can also be caused by pressing the ‘C’ key which enables manual ball control.  Update line 23:

Const EnableBallControl = false

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

2 users thanked author for this post.
              GAH1068
              Participant
                @gah1068

Anyone else having the ball just freeze for a few seconds at a time and then resume? Running latest VPX beta, SAMBuild and Freezy’s DMDExt. All my other VPX tables are working fine.

If you have a lower end system, try turning off playfield reflections.

I have a high-end system (I7-8700, 32GB, GTX 1080).     I have never saw a table do this before so I am scratching my head what the issue could be.    I thought it might be due to a  new VPX beta I installed a few days ago  but I can’t duplicate it anywhere else.  I tested 10+ other VPX tables.

GAH1068
                Participant
                  @gah1068

s can also be caused by pressing the ‘C’ key which enables manual ball control.  Update line 23: Const EnableBallControl = fals

Bingo – that is what the problem is going to be.   My XTensions cabinet flipper buttons are C and V so that would make sense.    Thanks for the help!

Mark70
                  Participant
                    @mark70

WOW it looks and plays very authentic! Thanks to all guys involved

Bluetooth
                    Participant
                      @bluetooth

Thank’s for this table that i didn’t know !

:-)

zubial
                      Participant
                        @zubial

Hello, I was looking forward to this table, but like @ TNT2, I have the error: Line 55

Variable is undefined: ‘keyStagedFlipperL’

while I have updated VPX and scripts (I went from VPX 10.4 to 10.5)

Thank you for helping me.

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

Hello, I was looking forward to this table, but like @ TNT2, I have the error: Line 55

Variable is undefined: ‘keyStagedFlipperL’

while I have updated VPX and scripts (I went from VPX 10.4 to 10.5)

Thank you for helping me.

look to see if you have an old VPMkeys.vbs file in your tables folder or anywhere outside your scripts folder…

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          zubial
                          Participant
                            @zubial

Well @NailBuster, done actually I had an old VPMkeys.vbs file in my tables folder. I deleted it and everything went back to normal. A big thank-you.

senseless
                            Participant
                              @senseless

I have access to a real Safe Cracker and this one rocks some virtual ass! Thanks for bringing us a VPX version of one and only original pinball machine! I love how it plays and the Assault mode always cracks me up :)!

jayray442
                              Participant
                                @jayray442

I’m having the same problem with the script error but i’m already updated to the newest 10.5.
                                Before i delete my scripts folder just wanted to make sure the process of reinstalling the scripts hate to delete the whole folder and mess something else up.

jayray442
                                Participant
                                  @jayray442

Also there are scripts for that in the scripts folder in visual pinball but also in the tables folder in visual pinball.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Make sure you have no .vbs files in the tables folder maybe check that first? Then yes remove all in scripts and put the 10.5 ones in scripts folder you will be fine

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

TNT2
                                    Participant
                                      @tnt2

I can’t believe how much fun I have been having with this table.

Actually I can. The table is awesome and the recreation is awesome as well.

RallyRally
                                      Participant
                                        @rallyrally

I’ve enjoyed playing and messing around with settings, and have not run into any issues. The timed aspect is addicting once you know how to continue adding time from shots, kinda like Simpsons PP. The luck factor can be pretty heavy-handed at times, but it makes the gameplay unique. Great job on the construction and look. Thank you!

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Really is a great build. Even the disk spinner  is a piece of art

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

This table is great!  I really dig that magic token animation!

-Mike

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?