Scared Stiff (Bally 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

There’s a show dmd only option in the script.  It should be 1.

BonusMagnus
      Participant
        @bonusmagnus

Yes it is on 1, settings are normal.

I use “VPX_2_beta_rev2847”

ninuzzu
        Participant
          @ninuzzu
          vipMember

Uncomment that line in the script :good:

BonusMagnus
          Participant
            @bonusmagnus

Thank you ninuzzu! :good:

I really overlook that the line was in comment

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

Thanks for the update, it’s a great looking table! Although it has been getting much better with the latest update, the red flashers still have influence of the ball smoothness. Everything is up to date here. Does anyone else get this behavior and maybe found a way to solve it?

Same here, latest vpinmame and 10.2 beta.  It’s a great table and it plays reasonably smoothly,  until those flashers go off :(

I’ll keep chasing a fix though, as this is too good a table to give up on. ;)

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

I play this table without the latest vpinmame to avoid the stutter.  It’s a great table on the old vpinmame too!

BTW, what’s the difference with the modulated solenoids?  I’ve played both with and without and the difference doesn’t jump out at me.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Jesperpark
                Participant
                  @jesperpark

Strange i just played using the  pinmame release from December 6th, might be latest still and everything is smooth as silk for me.  Great light show with no stutter

Using 10.2 2847 as well as a compare

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

I play this table without the latest vpinmame to avoid the stutter. It’s a great table on the old vpinmame too! BTW, what’s the difference with the modulated solenoids? I’ve played both with and without and the difference doesn’t jump out at me.

Can you remember what version vpinmame?  I’d like to run a comparison.

Mark70
                    Participant
                      @mark70

I changed the maximum pre-rendered frames within VPX to “2” and within the Nvidia control panel to “application controlled”,  and all “new flashlight” stutter problems were completely gone. This is how it works for the most recent versions for me, it might change with upcoming updates.  Maybe this helps someone else too.

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores
                        MemberModerator

I changed the maximum pre-rendered frames within VPX to “2” and within the Nvidia control panel to “application controlled”, and all “new flashlight” stutter problems were completely gone. This is how it works for the most recent versions for me, it might change with upcoming updates. Maybe this helps someone else too.

That’s how mine has always been setup and I get the stutter on this table…. I just wish that there was a single setup that worked for every table and every cab, instead of each of us having to go on our own personal search and destroy mission. #toomanyvariables :(

EDIT: This particular table plays smoother for me in 10.2 rev2830  Single ball action is smooth, but in multiball there is still just a little bit of stutter.

smithy001
                        Participant
                          @smithy001

Thank you Nfozzy, this is a true work of art!

I played hundreds of tables over the years but I have literally never seen anything like this… :-D

I take my hat off for you Sir, or Madam.

Thank you and your friends keep up the good work.

W10 64, 750W, MSI Z370, i5-8600k @ 4,8 GHz liquid cooled, 16GB DDR4 3000, MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB, Samsung SSD, WD 1TB HDD,
                          PF Samsung 37" HD 1920x1080, BG Acer 27" 1920x1200, LED-Wiz, GP-Wiz 40, 4 RGB buttons, VP 9.21, VP 10.6, VPM 2.9, DOF R2, +/- 250 tables.

RustyCardores
                            @rustycardores
                            MemberModerator

Toxie’s latest VPX beta (2874??? from memory) has solved 99.9% of the stutter problem for me. :)

ripleyyy
                            Participant
                              @ripleyyy

nice table, very good physic :good:

btw, cant see the spider when activated, it become “invisible” when starting to round… an idea to where i can check !?

(PS : i have a 2 screens cab, without b2s, only the DMD on the second screen, spider did came in the middle of the table when activated)

tanx

Jesperpark
                              Participant
                                @jesperpark

Need some help.  When I load the table directly from VP10 the back glass loads same time without issue.  When i load the table from PinballX a warning comes up saying back glass not found :scratch:

DOF still works, I checked that both file names match each other, and that matches the PinballX file name.  Only table I have this issue with

Love this table but just a strange error

senseless
                                Participant
                                  @senseless

Maybe it’s the file matching. Try disabling this in the settings and see if this solves the problem. Had the same with TKO.

Daryl
                                  Participant
                                    @allknowing2012

Need some help. When I load the table directly from VP10 the back glass loads same time without issue. When i load the table from PinballX a warning comes up saying back glass not found :scratch: DOF still works, I checked that both file names match each other, and that matches the PinballX file name. Only table I have this issue with Love this table but just a strange error

Look for pinballx.log file for clues. Could be something as simple as an extra space or some mismatch in the names.

If you are comfortable with a windows editor you can open the .xml file and see what you have listed for the game.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

I bet its file matching turned on in pbx. I would make sure table and backglass are named same without extra space or something. or turn off file matching in pbx

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                                      Participant
                                        @jesperpark

Need some help. When I load the table directly from VP10 the back glass loads same time without issue. When i load the table from PinballX a warning comes up saying back glass not found :scratch: DOF still works, I checked that both file names match each other, and that matches the PinballX file name. Only table I have this issue with Love this table but just a strange error

Look for pinballx.log file for clues. Could be something as simple as an extra space or some mismatch in the names. If you are comfortable with a windows editor you can open the .xml file and see what you have listed for the game.

Everything matches perfectly, Even dropped a decimal out of the name just in case.  Copied the name from pinballX and pasted to tbale name and backglass in case i missed something.  Stange in VP10 alone will work, somehow it’s like loading from pinballx has the issue.  Any chance it could be because this is a modulated flasher table?  Can’t remember which have it but all other tables are fine.

Edit: File Matching is off

Edit#2:  Updated PinballX as I have not been using much lately.  I get a backglass every 7 or 8 tries to load table.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

I think it loads fine in mine… I can’t check because the pbx expired so need to sit down and upgrade a few things.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

Matzebhv
                                          Participant
                                            @matzebhv

Hi,

great Table!

Is ther a way to hide Spider Wheel Animation on Playfield, as it runs on the animated Backglas to?

3 Monitor Setup in Cabinet Mode

Matze

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 199 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?