Scared Stiff (Bally 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Ben Logan2
    Participant
      @benlogan2

The hits keep coming! Sounds like a great update, nfozzy. Can’t wait for the weekend. Thanks!

:)

DJRobX
        @djrobx
        MemberModerator

I’m not having the DOF null reference exception issue, but I know @NailBuster ran into a similar problem getting a crash in his PUP plugin earlier today with Scared Stiff also.    Said it was as if the B2S plugin system wasn’t calling the init or something.

I see you leveraged the SAM fast flips stuff for this.  Nice!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

Thank you for the update.

Lovehammer
          Participant
            @lovehammer

That’s interesting. I get the same error on Whodunnit, and absolutely every other table works fine.

Could the issue be with the BS2 backglass file? Thought of trying a different one,  but could not find any others out there.

whitewater
            Participant
              @whitewater

Thanks for this update, i really love this table ;) :-)

Skitso
              Participant
                @skitso

I think I prefer the field of view settings of 1.31. Too bad they are not combatible with the new version. I also find the old sound mix better (more mechanical noise!) Or am I just being paranoid? :)

RYSr (Rich)
                Participant
                  @rysr

[/quote]

Getting an error on line 1 ” object is not a collection” on new 1.4 version of table

Running latest 10.5 beta

Is anyone else getting this? Could this be a DOF thing?

I don’t use DOF. I tried re-downloading table, deleted nvram, run it on 10.4 and 10.5, updated to the latest SAM r4515, and try running without a Db2s, still the same error!

The last versions  ss 1.03 and 1.31 run, but 1.4 doesn’t :scratch:   all other tables running fine. Surprised no one else having this problem.

nFozzy
                  Participant
                    @nfozzy

Small update :-) based on feedback

Version 1.41

Split apart the script-based volume adjustment into two variables, SoundLevelMult and SoundLevelMultCoils
                    Fixed a bug with ball shadows
                    Tweaked flasher caps
                    Zoomed in the DT perspective, and the FS perspective a little
                    Some tweaks to Floating Scores
                    Split Frog target collisions. A direct hit will rebound much less..
                    Set many objects to use static rendering.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

always awesome to see a new update for this…. is there a setting to controller the GI brightness??

jimmyfingers
                      Participant
                        @jimmyfingers

The 1.41 version uploaded here, as of the time writing this, is exactly the same as the 1.4 version.  Noticed no new static elements using F11 and ultimately did a HEX compare on the two files.  Dowloaded both again independently (i.e. not choosing the whole package /  previous versions) and same finding.  File size and time stamp are the same as well.

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

That’s interesting. I get the same error on Whodunnit, and absolutely every other table works fine.

Could the issue be with the BS2 backglass file? Thought of trying a different one, but could not find any others out there.

I found a possible script change that you can try and see if it fixes your stuff…

pupb2s was not working because b2s events were sent prior to rom init…  so to get it to working for PuP:   (the error message was exactly like your screencap)

In table script “table_init()” there’s a start line InitWheel that’s called before “with controller”.  just move that line after the “end with” (controller block a few lines down).

so try it out and see if it solves your issue….I’m not sure it has any  affect on the wheel but will need to test more.

nFozzy
                          Participant
                            @nfozzy

The 1.41 version uploaded here, as of the time writing this, is exactly the same as the 1.4 version. Noticed no new static elements using F11 and ultimately did a HEX compare on the two files. Dowloaded both again independently (i.e. not choosing the whole package / previous versions) and same finding. File size and time stamp are the same as well.

Whoops good catch… Should the correct file now

vanlocke
                            Participant
                              @vanlocke

Hi, when launching the table (1.4 or 1.411) I have this message:

script error

line 1

type incompatible: ‘nullfonction’

so it doesn’t start. I had not problem with previous versions.

Running latest 10.5 beta , DT user, no DOF.

zubial
                              Participant
                                @zubial

Hello, I have the same problem as @vanlocke . I am under VPX 10.5

NailBuster
                                  @nailbuster
                                  ModeratorMember

In general…id guess many strange errors after updating to 10.5 vpx scripts are caused by having old versions of vbs script files in your table folder.   Vpx will use those before the script folder ones.

I had a null error on launch but solved with removing the table vbs files…

vanlocke
                                  Participant
                                    @vanlocke

You’re right @NailBuster, there were some old .vbs in my tables folder, never paid attention before. After cleaning those, error is solved. Thanks!

Nice update nFozzy! table plays VERY well.

zubial
                                    Participant
                                      @zubial

Problem solved, thanks @NailBuster

Lovehammer
                                      Participant
                                        @lovehammer

Thanks for the suggestion Nailbuster. Have taken my cab to bits to finally paint it, will try your suggestion when it is back in business.

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

Thanks for the update!
                                          As Feedback, I had some performance issues with this table in the past, but with the new update it runs super smooth like silk. :good:

Lovehammer
                                          Participant
                                            @lovehammer

@ Nailbuster.

Turned out to be an issue with my DOF after all. I discovered this, ran it, and oooh,  flashy flashy on Scared Stiff.

Thanks for taking an interest. Cab is freshly painted, lights are go, deep joy.

Cheers.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 199 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?