Sea Ray (Bally 1971)

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Slydog43
    Participant
      @slydog43

That would be a great table to make, the problem is the artwork. For example, there were no scans that I could find of this table so I found a guy who had the machine and asked him take overlapping photos of the playfield and plastics. I’m not a graphics guru like Haunt so it took me a very long time to hand draw the art for this table in vector format from the stitched together photos. I like pointy people art for two reasons, I think it looks great and it’s easy to draw. I’m pretty sure that 4 Million BC is out of my league. I’d love to make it if I could find the art!

I have a 4 Million BC table in my collection, so artwork is no problem.  PM me if you want to tackle this, I will do whatever you want me to.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Scottacus
      Participant
        @scottacus
        MembervipContributor

Sounds good, let’s do this!

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Awesome guys – thanks to you both !!

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

I have a 4 Million BC table in my collection, so artwork is no problem. PM me if you want to tackle this, I will do whatever you want me to.

Strip everything off the top side and scan it :)

Scan all the plastics. :)

That should be a start.   B-)

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

Everyone who owns a table that has not been recreated in VPX… take pictures.     B-)

Cognis
              Participant
                @cognis

Thanks for the new update Scottacus.  I believe you have the display logic reversed for “Chime Unit” in the Options screen.  When my setting shows as “Chime Unit Off” I actually get chimes.  When “Chime Unit On” there’s no chimes.

Also is the slope angle correct for this table at 3.8?  It “felt” too sluggish to me so I upped it to 5.5 and now if seems to flow well.  I don’t have the original table so I can’t say that’s authentic but like I said it feels more fluid to me at 5.5 (I know, personal preference :yes: ).  Other than that this is a very VERY nice table.  Lighting makes this table pop at night.

Scottacus
                Participant
                  @scottacus
                  MembervipContributor

Glad you like the table!

The chime unit settings are for a physical chime unit.  If you don’t have one you need to set this to off.

Set the table slope however you like.  These old EM tables are typically a lot slower than modern tables.  That is why the slope is gentle and the power on the slings, flippers and bumpers are turned down.

Mark70
                  Participant
                    @mark70

It’s not yet mentioned here, I totally like the graphic overlay for the DMD area :)

N3roflint
                    Participant
                      @n3roflint

Thanks for the table Scottacus I’m having a lot of fun playing it. Looking forward to 4 Million BC if you choose to create it.

dno66
                      Participant
                        @dno66

Thanks for this.. it looks great. :good:

Dutchman
                        Participant
                          @dutchguy

Thank you for this  classic EM table! :yahoo:

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?