SLAMTILT’s new website!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Fulltilt
    Participant
      @fulltilt

I am sure if you are into Future Pinball you know SlamTilt.
      See all of his newest tables all in one place on his new site .. have a look
      SlamTilt’s Pinball Emporium

TrackMaD
      Participant
        @me2010

:good: ,Thanks, cool finally done away with that twitter/facebook madness he had going, Bookmarked under – Wish he worked on VP instead ;-)

boomshakalaka

TrackMaD
        Participant
          @me2010

Just looked at the bottom of the page – Early Full Throttle prototype, thats got me bloody excited even if it is in FP :yahoo:

boomshakalaka

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

I’m sure he’d never release that.

Punch it!

TrackMaD
            Participant
              @me2010

Thats exactly what i thought, he must have permission from his bosses at Heighway to release a digital version maybe to help promote the real thing, wouldn’t think he’d risk his job for his hobby, cause he said if you see a real one chuck some coins in it. Fingers crossed. Would be an awesome addition to everyones cab

boomshakalaka

Paulo Carvalho
              Participant
                @paulohotline

TAF Ultimate has been released today for Halloween!

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Paulo Carvalho
                Participant
                  @paulohotline

SLAMT1LT fires a salvo on his website on which emulator is better :)

http://speak1970.wix.com/slamspinballemporium

“The mass debate over which is better – VP, FP, FX or PA will waste time for years to come but here’s my interesting observation:

I go back and play Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade and sometimes (when I have to for research) Visual Pinball and what all those tables have in common is that the ball is tamed and doesn’t behave like a real ball would. On any real table, the ball jumps all over the place and is completely unpredictable – no 2 shots are ever the same. With Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade and VP there is no doubt you’re playing a video game as the ball sticks to the playfield surface like glue and the shots are much easier to hit.

There is no way of taming the ball in Future Pinball, it’s “wild” and it will do as it pleases. I know this because I work hard to stop the ball jumping up and getting stuck like any real pinball game designer does. The rule with real word pinball design is that if there’s a chance the ball can get stuck there, it will.

Future Pinball has all the faults and problems that a real table has, which is why I always program an extensive ball search and ball replacement in my games – it’s impossible to illiminate all possibilites. Unless you put a leash on the ball and control it’s behavior (see VP).

You will argue that VP has the best physics, maybe, but it’s a tame and inaccurate depiction of real world physics. Future Pinball is better, by accident probably (because of the inferior physics engine) but I don’t want a computer calculation controlling my ball so obviously.

Of course, these are just my personal opinions and are based only on my tables and Physics 2.7.

Now, I have a real treat in store….the upated Addams Family is now available and it’s better than ever. Plus I have a new updated Back To The Future and the Phantom of the Opera table. Then the re-release and updated Star Trek Next Generation.”

"Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Either way they are ALL great in their own ways.
                    I prefer VP first
                    then FP second love the videos added to tables!
                    I have pbfx2 installed for the younger kids to play so we will give that third

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

Paulo Carvalho
                    Participant
                      @paulohotline

SLAM has released Phantom of the Opera – ULTIMATE 1.04 today!

http://speak1970.wix.com/slamspinballemporium#!games/c1x9v

TerryRed
                        @terryred
                        MemberContributorModerator

Love SLAM’s tables…. by far my favorite tables. In fact, the design of my cabinet (with the dual middle screen) very much revolved around the extra bling that only his tables have. It wasn’t until afterward that I realised how much more I could use that “extra” screen for with other pinball / arcade systems.

The updated sounds / music and the videos are just soooo much better than the original arcade versions. His original tables are really nice, as are his modded versions of other author’s tables. The only “complaint” (if you can call it that), is that he updates his tables so often… it’s kind of a pain only for me, because I have to also mod them for my cabinet in order to get the videos, colour dmd, etc to fit in the middle screens. I know…how horrible is that, right?…   ;)

Yes, he has a dislike for VP, and I kind of agree with a lot what he says in that physics statement…. but slam also doesn’t have a cabinet, which makes a big difference with VP. I really don’t like VP in desktop mode, whereas FP is great in ANY mode.  Once I got VP running in my cabinet I was much more interested in playing it.

I’m always checking his site for updates. Love it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?