Space Station (Williams 1987)

• This topic has 73 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    nFozzy
    Participant
      @nfozzy

Locale is forced to USA either way for the light routine so I don’t know why that would be causing issues

Make sure your pinmame is updated. I thought this was an old enough feature that it wouldn’t cause this many issues but maybe I’ve just been on the beta branch a long time.

The FS display is my bad, it’s actually SingleScreenFS option doing that. It’s an old feature, It’s not part of the new floating scores script, and it’s supposed to be off by default.

LeChucksBeard
      Participant
        @lechucksbeard

Posting on both forums…

The floating scores don’t work on mine either (same error) and I’m in the US, with default US locale.

My pinmame is final V3.0 plus SAM build (because color roms).

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I see what you are saying but I just updated the cab. Went and double checked. I’m on latest VP and latest sam which is 3.1. I get this error if backglass is enabled. Of course, no idea why. I tried to switch machine to US locale, no change. Tried db2s enabled but no backglass. Still no go. Only known way for me is to tick the disable backglass under preferences.

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

You can disable the big DMD on the playfield, I am not at my cab right now and I can’t recall the exact option.
            Edit: too slow, this was already answered in the meantime

Thalamus
              @thalamus

That’s ok Mark. Fozzy said it he has control over that one, so I’m focusing on giving sensible feedback so that we all can get this to run as expected. Sounds like a bug somewhere to me.

LeChucksBeard
              Participant
                @lechucksbeard

If I could make a little wish, it would be for the sidewalls to be taller, so we can have the cool reflections in a cab with a bit of inclination. This table is awesome otherwise.

nFozzy
                Participant
                  @nfozzy

Quick hotfix

1.21 – Fixed default settings, fixed display position resetting. Floating text now only appears in DT mode by default, it doesn’t work with B2S ATM.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

No one like the Ship on the right Ramp ? I wonder …  ;-)

Edit: woah, what a Light Show  B-)

hfvpinball
                    Participant
                      @hfvpinball

Not sure if its Space Station that got problem or the rom file, but it give me an error that rom file is missing, even if in folder. Tried an older version of Space STation for VP9, and the rom boot.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

@hfvpinball : Two things. Sure, same table, but, if the VP9 version is not running with the exact same rom as the VPX. Then you can still have a problem with the rom. What it probably is though. You are running VPX in forced fullscreen under video options. And that will not work if you haven’t turned of ddraw for the rom in the registry. VP9 didn’t have such an option so it’s kind of a given that it will not required this to be set.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        hfvpinball
                        Participant
                          @hfvpinball

@hfvpinball : Two things. Sure, same table, but, if the VP9 version is not running with the exact same rom as the VPX. Then you can still have a problem with the rom. What it probably is though. You are running VPX in forced fullscreen under video options. And that will not work if you haven’t turned of ddraw for the rom in the registry. VP9 didn’t have such an option so it’s kind of a given that it will not required this to be set.

Hi. I just want to say thank you! Disabling the forced full screen made it work.  Only problem i got now , playing with my Surface Book, and i think its the problem, there is no way to disable ddraw. DXdiag there is no option to turn it off with windows 10, Surface book i have 2 videocards ( intel and dpgu nvidia ). So it work, but for performance, i need to play in 1600×1200, my screen resolution 3000×2000 give me slow performance. Thanks again!

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Its a windows machine. It has registry. It can be changed. Will it work on your Surface ? It should, but, no guarantees.

bord
                              @bord
                              MembervipContributorModerator

While we’re on the topic can I say how much I still love this build? @nFozzy is/was one of the best. Hope he returns someday.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Agreed. He did some nice builds??

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?