Spiderman Vault Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Bob Albright
    Participant
      @bobalbright

It’s up at the Italian site. Have not played it yet–just downloaded myself.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

freelunch
      Participant
        @freelunch

Table

Spiderman Vault Edition VPX

Color ROM Patch
        http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4373-spiderman-ve/

Patch tool
        http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4400-bsdiff-bspatch-for-windows/

ROM to use with Patch
        http://www.sternpinball.com/games/spider-man-vault-edition/spider-man-vault-edition

If you’ve never used a colored ROM, add this to your SAM build (make sure this is the up-to-date) of VPinMAME and used a text editor on DMDDevice.ini to set preferences, like configuring the virtual DMD. There’s more info in the link.

If you’re using a physical DMD (as opposed to just displaying it on a monitor), I believe there’s more to getting this setup.
        https://pin2dmd.com/
        For colored ROMs, check “Use External DMD (dll)” and “Colorize DMD” in VPinMAME’s Game Options.
        Hopefully I’m not skipping a step, I just set it up last night myself lol.

Al
        Participant
          @alandee

And Wildman has a backglass up at VPU

roar
          Participant
            @roar

Just put up 172M on this table(Good for me). I think it plays pretty great and the colour rom is amazing. Wish a better resolution playfield image could be sourced.

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Dont miss it – thats really amazing …

robwaade
              Participant
                @robwaade

how do you do colored rom after downloading files that are posted cant figure it out need baby step instructions i guess any help thanks :mail:

roar
                Participant
                  @roar

how do you do colored rom after downloading files that are posted cant figure it out need baby step instructions i guess any help thanks :mail:

I wrote this up a while ago… see if this helps:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/?do=findComment&comment=32987

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

It’s a great write up @roar I used it many times when first getting colored roms started.  Might want to create a tutorial blog on this to make easy to find in the future.

Gotta ask the question to anyone why are we not just sharing/posting these colored roms freely?  Is there any reason or request not to?

robwaade
                    Participant
                      @robwaade

roar i went to link still complex i need training wheels for my tricycle i guess what all do i need to download i have the current pinmame stuff just dont know where to install and to put :mail: :unsure: files to merge together to make the colored version of the rom not a huge computer guy i dont know if that makes a difference or not thanks

roar
                      Participant
                        @roar

It’s a great write up @roar I used it many times when first getting colored roms started. Might want to create a tutorial blog on this to make easy to find in the future. Gotta ask the question to anyone why are we not just sharing/posting these colored roms freely? Is there any reason or request not to?

I could only randomly speculate as to why we can’t share the patched rom’s, but I’m going to decline in case anything I write be taken for fact or so wrong I look foolish :) Maybe @randr could share some thoughts or whether he’d be up for hosting them?

@robwaade
                        – If that guide isn’t broken down enough could you perhaps point out which step you’re getting hung up on? There are links to pretty much everything you need in there I believe? I could get more granular I suppose but that is going to take a lot more dedicated time… I’ll see what I can do, but if there is a step you’re stuck on let us know and that may be quicker.

robwaade
                        Participant
                          @robwaade

i tried freelunches post on stuff needed i dont understand where to put patch tool when i open it it opens and closes immediately and how to combine files to make the colored rom the vp universe article im not understanding the basics i guess its probably real simple just dont want to mess things up

roar
                          Participant
                            @roar

I’ll try and break this down a bit more for you.

We’ve got a number of hurdles to overcome here, so let’s work on getting you a coloured rom and go from there.

Sounds like you need some fundamental windows help so let’s start there, i’m doing this from memory on my mac, so excuse any mistakes and let me know if you get stuck:

1. Let’s create a new temporary folder/directory on your C: Drive, let’s call it “temp”, there are different ways to do that if you don’t know how let me know.
                            2. Copy the contents of the bsdiff_win_exe.zip to the new directory c:\temp
                            3. Copy the smanve_101c_BySharkky.diff file from the smanve_101ColorPatch.zip to your new direcotry c:\temp
                            4. Copy the SPD101VE.BIN file you downloaded from the Stern Website to c:\temp
                            5. You should now have 5 files in c:\temp
                              1. bsdiff.exe
                              2. bspatch.exe
                              3. LICENSE
                              4. SPD101VE.BIN
                              5. smanve_101ColorPatch.diff
                            6. Click on your “Start” button, or “Windows” button and type “cmd”
                            7. This should bring up a link to your “cmd.exe” file, right click on it and choose “Run as Administrator”
                            8. You should now be sitting at a command prompt (A black window), it likely says something like C:\Windows\system32
                            9. Now type: “cd c:\temp” without the quotes and hit enter, it should now say C:\temp
                            10. Now type “dir” without the quotes and hit enter, you should see a list of the 5 files
                            11. Now type the line you see in the readme.txt file: bspatch SPD101VE.BIN smanve_101c_BySharkky.bin smanve_101c_BySharkky.diff
                            12. It should take a couple of seconds and you should now have a 6th file, your new colour bin file…

Let me know if you get this far and we can carry on.

freelunch
                            Participant
                              @freelunch

i tried freelunches post on stuff needed i dont understand where to put patch tool when i open it it opens and closes immediately and how to combine files to make the colored rom the vp universe article im not understanding the basics i guess its probably real simple just dont want to mess things up

1. Have the patch tool and the ROM in the same folder
                              2. Open up Command Prompt in Windows (WindowsKey + R, type cmd and hit enter).
                              3. Navigate to the Patch Folder. (For example, if they are on a New Folder on your Desktop, type “C:” hit enter, “cd “C:\Users\[UserName]\Desktop\New Folder\” hit enter (where “[UserName]” is your PC username you are logged into))
                              4. Type “bspatch SPD101VE.BIN smanve_101c_BySharkky.bin smanve_101c_BySharkky.diff”, hit enter
                              5. Right-click the new file that should have been created > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
                              6. Put into the roms directory of VPinMAME
                              7. Open VPinMAME setup, navigate to new ROM, select Game Options, check “Use External DMD (dll)” and “Colorize DMD”
                              8. Rename the ROM on line 66 in the table script to “smanve_101c”
                              9. Run table.
                              And like I said before, there may be additional steps I don’t know of for hardware DMD, I don’t have one. For virtual DMD, edit the DMDDevice.ini with a text editor (like notepad) to configure the virtual DMD.

Don’t be afraid to ask again for help if you get stuck again. This isn’t exactly user-friendly setup yet.

freelunch
                              Participant
                                @freelunch

I’ll try and break this down a bit more for you. We’ve got a number of hurdles to overcome here, so let’s work on getting you a coloured rom and go from there. Sounds like you need some fundamental windows help so let’s start there, i’m doing this from memory on my mac, so excuse any mistakes and let me know if you get stuck:
                                *instructions*

Dang you beat me to it lol.

robwaade
                                Participant
                                  @robwaade

thanks im idiot savant on this one i appreciate all the help and time you put into it :good:

roar
                                  Participant
                                    @roar

I’ll try and break this down a bit more for you. We’ve got a number of hurdles to overcome here, so let’s work on getting you a coloured rom and go from there. Sounds like you need some fundamental windows help so let’s start there, i’m doing this from memory on my mac, so excuse any mistakes and let me know if you get stuck: *instructions*

Dang you beat me to it lol.

Not by much :)

robwaade
                                    Participant
                                      @robwaade

got rom done not in color though  its orange when i go to options hit them same thing stays one color i have a 2 screen set up dmd and backglass on screen 2 does that make a difference or should it work

freelunch
                                      Participant
                                        @freelunch

got rom done not in color though its orange when i go to options hit them same thing stays one color i have a 2 screen set up dmd and backglass on screen 2 does that make a difference or should it work

Did you put the pin2dmd.pal file in a folder in a new folder “smanve_101c” inside “altcolor” inside VPinMAME folder? I think I forgot to mention you should do that.

Don’t feel bad for having trouble setting this up. There’s a lot of steps and even I’m forgetting them when I explain.

robwaade
                                        Participant
                                          @robwaade

no wasnt sure where that went thanks will try it

robwaade
                                          Participant
                                            @robwaade

still no luck on colors

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 72 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?