Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition (Stern 2012)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    nFozzy
    Participant
      @nfozzy

@thalamus :No. There are 3 different skillshots on the table. The one I am talking about is HARDEST one and scoring the most points of all 3. It must be done with RIGHT flipper then. Ball should bounce from the gate behind rollovers and drop to upper flipper – from upper flipper you should shot warp ramp. Its 20 or 30 millions. Switch sequence is: ball activate switch at the end of plunger line, then bounce from gate and activate the same switch again, then activates switch on warp ramp. Check youtube videos or instructions. It’s doable on neon version from monster bash pincab site. This version lacks of power in plunger and after hitting gate ball don’t have enough force to go back and feed upper flipper. Instaed it just drops on rollovers. Plunger is to weak, or maybe gate should be more elastic/springy!

I’m aware of the third skillshot, haven’t seen it work consistently on a real machine either because the geometry is so tight and Stern autoplungers are always so iffy. ‘ll try to adjust the gate and see if I can make it more consistent.

:good: Hi nfrozzi I want to tell you your version of star trek and the best and the most beautiful I have seen And for a next bet I made a playfield clean and cleaner and I reduced the image noise still bravo and thank you for sharing with your excellent work :yahoo:

It’ll look really weird because the differences between the inserts and their lightmaps

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

@vinthar : If you want to make the plunger stronger. Press cntr+shift+e -> find plunger -> make sure options on left is “pushed down” so that you actually get the options shown on the right side. Go then to State & Physics. Easy way to increase is either change the Momentum Xfer from 1 until your happy. Or, increase the Release speed.

Neofr45
        Participant
          @neofr45

Sorry guys nfrozzy and haunt you’re right both and I’ll erase my betise away I think I’ll change my eyes lol :wacko:

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw
            ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’m going to have to look into what NFozzy did with the flippers.  I had the same idea when I first started flipper testing, but opted to stick with just using VP physics.  The issues he’s addressing are the same gaps I identified so I’m super interested to see how well his solution works.  I hope folks realize how good this work is that NFozzy is doing!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Thalamus
              @thalamus

Oh yes Roth – don’t you worry. I’ve noticed. I should add though. What you are doing is not going unnoticed either !

Vinthar
              Participant
                @vinthar

I’m aware of the third skillshot, haven’t seen it work consistently on a real machine either because the geometry is so tight and Stern autoplungers are always so iffy. ‘ll try to adjust the gate and see if I can make it more consistent.

Great, thanx.  It’s one I was always after, so I missed it. It don’t have to be consistent. Hell, it even should not to be. Machine I was playing at friends house – brand new one – feeded bal to upper flipper like 7-8 times out of 10. So me think 6-7-8-9/10 ratio is perfectly fine. And thanx Thalamus – I’ll try to adjust it waiting for official fixed ver :)

Ben Logan2
                Participant
                  @benlogan2

RothBauerW and nFozzy, you guys’ work with flipper physics is as exciting as the evolution from VP9 ball physics to PM5 (and later to VPX). Really a game changer. Hope you guys continue down this path. Thanks for your passion for realism!

bko
                  Participant
                    @thebko

@Thalamus. Thanks, indeed I just replace the vpx10.4 exe without sam.

Perhaps it will resolve my problem of slow framerate dmd.

Vinthar
                    Participant
                      @vinthar

@vinthar : If you want to make the plunger stronger. Press cntr+shift+e -> find plunger -> make sure options on left is “pushed down” so that you actually get the options shown on the right side. Go then to State & Physics. Easy way to increase is either change the Momentum Xfer from 1 until your happy. Or, increase the Release speed.

I adjusted Momentum Xfer to 1,6 and that’s it. Didn’t even bother with trying other values since i hit the spot at first time. Now skillshot is doable. Table plays perfect now. Thanx to everybody involved!

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

@Vinthar: And now – you just got involved yourself … :)

bko
                        Participant
                          @thebko

Just a question : where to find the lastest SAM version ? thanks

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            Jesperpark
                            Participant
                              @jesperpark

Man i just hit the R button for the rules, that is way cool :good:

sifusun
                              Participant
                                @sifusun

I am loving the “R” for “show rules” feature!!!!  Are there more tables around with that nice feature???

All in all: GREAT :yahoo:   GREAT  :yahoo: GREAT  :yahoo:   table!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Wolfgang
                                Participant
                                  @mrwolfgang

….when I try to play the table in the editor I get the following error.. Machine st_161h (Star Trek Limited Edition (V1.61) Terminated before initialized check ROM path or ROM file.

Same here and also other ST:LE same ROM works fine. But try this John: I did turn of my cab and did a full reboot, after that it worked fine!

Hi, did y9u manage to solve our issue?;I am getting the same error to do with line 445?; ‘Collection SFX
                                  Sub SFXmetal_Hit (idx) : PlaySound “MetalHit_Medium”, 0, LVL(Vol(ActiveBall)*30), Pan(ActiveBall), 0, Pitch(ActiveBall), 1, 0, Fade(ActiveBall) : End Sub

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Tables on this site very often requires you to be on the absolute latest release. Like 10.4 beta and Sam beta. To me from the error, I’m gambling on that you don’t have the beta 10.4 beta.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Denzel
                                    Participant
                                      @zwylde

Tables on this site very often requires you to be on the absolute latest release. Like 10.4 beta and Sam beta. To me from the error, I’m gambling on that you don’t have the beta 10.4 beta.

You would be correct sir!; apologies – this did cross my mind, but didn’t think it’d be that (I’m asking now that the latest beta including a new plunger sound which I’m missing).

Thanks for confirming; I’l update and give the table a go tommorow.

Denzel
                                      Participant
                                        @zwylde

Just realised I have 2 profiles on here; one which I use on my phone and one on my pc :wacko:

Shannon
                                        Participant
                                          @shannon1

Guys, I am hoping that you can help me figure this one out.  I have read thru the thread and have the newest beta for sam and vpx.4, but I am not getting any insert lights to work on this table? The table plays great, but none of the insert lights are working. :wacko:

Attachments:
                                          nFozzy
                                          Participant
                                            @nfozzy

Small update going up

Version 1.01
                                            Fixed / Added GI ball reflections
                                            Script cleanup
                                            Some redrawn playfield elements courtesy of Neofr45
                                            Improved third skillshot reliability

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 198 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?