Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition (Stern 2012)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

There is the problem!! You should be installing the 3.0 beta, or 2.9 Sam version not the 2.9 from VPForums. I linked you to VPM 3.0 beta which is running perfectly fine anyway.

At the bottom of post #1 there is a link to Sam build r4360, that is the one you want.  Either that or get the 2.9 from VPU, that would be why all the sam roms are missing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Cognis
      Participant
        @cognis

That was it!  Thank you for solving that problem.  Hopefully that helps anyone else unfamiliar with the proper procedure.

Now that I’m back up and running I’ll comment on the table:

:good:    Plays very smooth.  This is now my favorite version of this table!

jbg4208
        Participant
          @jbg4208

Is the “Punch it” button supposed to launch the ball? I cannot get the LE versions to do this. Always have to use the plunger.

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

Really fantastic job nFozzy, love the insert lighting, plays awesome too. What is the fire button mapped to? Can’t seem to launch missions with the ball launch button. Hey Haunt, really curious what you POV settings are on this one..

There’s a key binding for “Lockbar/Fire” in the keys menu in 10.4. Alternatively, you can rebind it to whatever at the top of the script.

From Page 1

jbg4208
            Participant
              @jbg4208

I understand that. I have bound it to another key just fine but when I push that key it does not launch the ball. It does select the mission though. was wondering if it was supposed to launch the ball also. Like it is not auto plunging the ball.

Cognis
              Participant
                @cognis

Quick update on my situation.  I thought everything was fixed as I could see the GI again and also the Stern roms after I updated to 3.0beta of VPM.  I decided to reference the color rom and that displays beautifully in color however the GI is off while I play.  I put back the non-color rom and I get the GI but after a few minutes of playing a .NET error pops up “Conversion from string”.  I click continue on this message and it pops up again a few moments later.  I click quit and it closes my backglass and I can play without error after that (using non-color rom).  I tried other tables with non-color roms and I get this error with them.  If I try any color roms they display correctly but none of those tables’ GI are lit but I never receive the error.  Frustrating.  Also I have gone over all VP, VPM, B2S, etc folders and made sure to UNBLOCK DLLs and EXEs.

I’m on VPX 10.4, B2S 1.3.0.1, VPM 3.0 (build 4360), .NET 4.6, Win10 64bit.  I had everything working seemless before monkeying with my VPM.  I’ve even tried rolling back to VPX 10.3, VPM 2.9 (official, then SAM).

**EDIT– after doing extensive research I found this is a common issue through the years where somehow the B2s registry gets screwed up.  The solution I found, which worked for me, was to download the latest official VPX 10.3 all-in-one installer and running it.  Then I copied over the 10.4 beta build to be able to run these newer tables and updated VPM to 3.0 beta build.  Viola!  I am now running B2s without any .NET error AND non-color roms AND color roms AND this awesome table.  I want to apologize as I noticed I hijacked this forum topic.  That wasn’t my intention so hopefully I didn’t upset anyone.

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

Is the “Punch it” button supposed to launch the ball? I cannot get the LE versions to do this. Always have to use the plunger.

Yes it is. I use the “PlungerKey” as punch it button / lockbar fire, and I can also launch the ball with it by just briefly pressing the button.

jbg4208
                  Participant
                    @jbg4208

ok, so you do have to plunge the ball even after hitting the punch it button. It’s not supposed to auto launch.

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

Hitting the “Punch it” button will trigger the auto plunger.  The auto plunger is working correctly on this table for me.  I would suggest you have an issue with your setup.  keep in mind Visual pinball now has a keystroke for the “fire button”  I have my fire button as right magnasave, also have my fire button in vp setup to match

Mark70
                      Participant
                        @mark70

Yes, that is what I meant. Like Jesperpark said, hitting the button will trigger the auto plunger.  My translation was not the best :)

jbg4208
                        Participant
                          @jbg4208

hmm. ok I’ll dig around. Thanks for the info guys.

Bullwinkle55
                          Participant
                            @bullwinkle55

I have been impressed with all versions of “Stern Star Trek”, but this one is absolutely stunning. well done ,I just can’t  stop grinning while playing. thanks very much.  …Dan

Bullwinkle55
                            Participant
                              @bullwinkle55

Being new to this site I need to remember that  these tables are often a  collaboration of more than one person.  So while I thank “nFozzy” for his talented input, I also would like to thank  everyone else involved in making this such a piece of art. It truly is a masterpiece.  …Dan

DerikPelser
                              Participant
                                @derikpelser

Hi, Thanks. Think I’m being stupid, however is this a FS cabinet version, and this file I just downloaded opens as Desktop mode. Or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments:
                                xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

VPX Tables are both Desktop and FullScreen Cabinet versions in one.

Click your backdrop tab and options tab on left side of VP editor when table is loaded.

You will then be able to uncheckmark “Test Desktop”.

Capture

Attachments:
                                  Skitso
                                  Participant
                                    @skitso

I have a problem with DMD. I’m playing with a single screen setup where my computer screen in in portrait mode. The DMD is default upside down and setting ROL to 1 only rotates it 90 degrees. How can I rotate it 180 degrees? HALP! :)

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Same picture as xenonph showed you. Change the xy param until it fits yours setup 0, 90, 180, 270. whatever.

Batsugame
                                      Participant
                                        @batsugame

This is definitely my favorite version of this table for accuracy and visuals (I’m unsure why other versions all seem to use modified Pro outlanes instead of the Premium/LE playfield setup). However, out of all my tables in general, this is the only one that has a lag/stutter anywhere in play. Specifically, when I hit the Vengeance shot I have a massive framerate drop while the ship jumps and lights flash. I know all my software components are up to date and really feel my computer build should have no problems with it, so I’m not sure what is happening with this one. Any suggestions on specific features to adjust without compromising any of the beauty that is this table build?

dexje
                                        Participant
                                          @dexje

Is there anything special I need to do to get DOF working on this table?
                                          Feedback triggered by the flippers works on all tables for me except this one and nFozzys version of Congo.

DOF is enabled in the b2s settings. I´m running vpx 10.5, piname 3.1.

Jesperpark
                                          Participant
                                            @jesperpark

Is there anything special I need to do to get DOF working on this table?

Feedback triggered by the flippers works on all tables for me except this one and nFozzys version of Congo.

DOF is enabled in the b2s settings. I´m running vpx 10.5, piname 3.1.

Make sure your dof config for star trek matches the rom you are using.  In the config tool you can choose the 168 or the 170 rom, from a drop down menu.  If not the same switch to correct and generate a new config

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 198 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?