Star Trek LE WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

While DJRobX is busy doing amazing stuff with the LE emulation over on vpuniverse (this thread here) I thought I better not clutter up that thread with status updates on STLE

Everything seems to be working, I’m converting my Pro table to the LE model, which requires a couple minor playfield changes, new ramps, and some script changes. Pretty minor update really. I started working on the lasers tonight, I think it turned out OK

Using a modified version of a script gtxjoe had used in a demo ball movement table, I think he created it for JPLW or something? Anyways, I discovered you can actually move lights (the falloff, at least) through the script. You can move x and y, I don’t think you can move z though, not a big deal, the effect is achieved.

Here’s a video:

and of course check out the RGB demo here:

Punch it!

Sliderpoint
      Participant
        @sliderpoint
        MemberContributor

If you use the latest 10.2 beta, you can move the .z when using a bulb. I asked for that feature and they put it in.   It’s actually  .bulbHaloHeight

RGB lights are looking awesome!

-Mike

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Whoa.

Dodger
          Participant
            @dodger1980

That is so bad ass :good:  Metallica is next? ;-)

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Looks super beautiful, Fren. Star Trek is one of the best among your many amazing builds. Love the light show on this one. Thanks for working on an update to an already killer table.

Pinbolt
              Participant
                @pinbolt

Looks perfect fren.

Jodannar
                Participant
                  @jodannar

Looking amazing Fren. I haven’t added a version of this table to my cab yet. So I will hold out for the eventual LE this will become. Great work all!

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

What a light show… looks great.    :good:

roar
                    Participant
                      @roar

This looks amazing! Thanks so much for working on this. I’ve been reading the thread over on VPU… way above my head but fun to follow along.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

IMG_3409

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                        Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

giphy

Attachments:
                          jbg4208
                          Participant
                            @jbg4208

That’s pretty slick right there!!

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

OK one last preview before I finish up the rest of it and wait for a VPM update (sound/delay issues right now that hopefully can be fixed) – I finally was able to get to the mode where the lasers actually are so I could see them in game play. I want to tweak them, add more lights and try to get them to move in an oval rather than a circle, though I’m not particularly adept at the math needed to make the lights move in anything but a straight line as it is….

As you can see I’ve switched over to the proper ramps for the LE model, added the VUK to the left ramp (not scripted yet) – needs some final texturing on that to finish it up. Fine tune some lights, make sure all the flashers get scripted, make sure the rest of the less-interesting solenoids work as expected… and just realized the sign above the warp ramp was never added to my Pro version…….. I need to add that to both. Craptastic that’s embarrassing :(

Punch it!

Shadow
                              Participant
                                @shadowshd

Great job Sir  :good:

Can’t wait to test this masterpiece on my cab  :-)

++

ninuzzu
                                Participant
                                  @ninuzzu
                                  vipMember

Beautiful work Fren, I can help with the movement if you need it:

http://www.mathopenref.com/coordparamellipse.html

In general the equation should be

x(t) = x0 + a*cos(t)*cos(ß)   – b*sin(t)*sin(ß)

y(t)= y0 + a*cos(t)*sin(ß) + b*sin(t) * cos(ß)

t is the variable that goes from 0 degrees  to 360 degrees (periodically)

x0 is the X coordinate of the center of the ellypse

y0 is the Y coordinate of the center of the ellypse

a and b are the ellypse radius

ß is the angle between the radius and the x axis

If the radius is parallel to one of the axis, it means that ß= 0 so the equation will be simplified into:

x=x0+a*cos(t)

y =y0+b * sin(t)

The one you have in the link above. Sorry for this boring explanation :D
                                  gtxjoe
                                  Participant
                                    @gtxjoe

Awesome update, Fren!

freneticamnesic
                                      @freneticamnesic
                                      vipModeratorMember

Beautiful work Fren, I can help with the movement if you need it: http://www.mathopenref.com/coordparamellipse.html In general the equation should be x(t) = x0 + a*cos(t)*cos(ß) – b*sin(t)*sin(ß) y(t)= y0 + a*cos(t)*sin(ß) + b*sin(t) * cos(ß) t is the variable that goes from 0 degrees to 360 degrees (periodically) x0 is the X coordinate of the center of the ellypse y0 is the Y coordinate of the center of the ellypse a and b are the ellypse radius ß is the angle between the radius and the x axis If the radius is parallel to one of the axis, it means that ß= 0 so the equation will be simplified into:

x=x0+a*cos(t)

y =y0+b * sin(t)

The one you have in the link above. Sorry for this boring explanation :D

Wow. That was pretty much it lol, it was as simple as changing the length being the same for lat and lon to being different. I just made one of them (length * 2.5) and got the perfect sized oval.

Thanks ninuzzu!

and thanks to gtxjoe for the original script to get that working in the first place and writing it in a way I could understand.

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                                        @freneticamnesic
                                        vipModeratorMember

Apparently I can’t get as crazy with the laser light show as I hoped. I set up 120 lights and framerate dropped to 16fps, unplayable :(

Punch it!

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Don’t change it it runs perfect here! Add more even! So cool want more!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

Jodannar
                                          Participant
                                            @jodannar

Looks insane. Great work

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?