Star Trek Limited Edition (Stern 2013)

This topic contains 204 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of TNT2 TNT2 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Ben Logan2 Ben Logan2 
    Participant

Mark70 — Thanks for describing the installation process. Glad it’s super simple! And thanks again DJRobX for your work. Fren’s Star Trek LE is a fantastic gift to the community. Nice to see everything integrating. :)

2+

Some users who have liked this topic:

Profile gravatar of Jack Jack 
    Participant

Hi all, the .net error messages are gone after updating the b2s server ! So thx for that. Still having the following issue though. During klingon multiball and the awesome lightshow ! (Really nice job Fren!) i have some serious lag and flippers become almost unresponsive. Is there anything else i am missing ? I am running a i5 (older version), 8GB mem and a geforce 750ti. I have the sam vp 2.39 build installed. Is the VP update really necessary ?

Profile gravatar of Thalamus Thalamus 
    Participant

@Jack : I’ve tried some of the earlier releases on a slower computer. I believe it was mostly related to the lasers. Haven’t checked lately, but, I would expect that it is still an option you can turn off in the script.

Profile gravatar of Jopp Jopp 
    Participant

I’m having the same issue: when the red dots over the playfield come in (the laser in the real ST) the game becomes unplayeble until that mode is over.

I do believe it is a graphics card performance issue: if I monitor ir during normal play the load is perfect but when the laser starts it goes to a full 100% (or more, it only goes up to 100).

So, I think I must try an other graphics card if I want to solve this but it doesn’t annoy me much, I love the rest of the table.

There is a little chance that upgrading to the latest pinmame, dB2s server might change things although my system is ok-up-to-date it doesn’t have the latest of the latest updates but as I said: monitoring the hardware shows that that might be the bottleneck.

My system: i5-3450   HD7950

My favorite pinball machine?
    Where I can put my name on as G.C....

Profile gravatar of Mark70 Mark70 
    Participant

I’m in doubt that it is possible at all to get smooth gameplay with activated laser.
    Maybe someone can confirm that it is possible, before you change your hardware unnessecarily.

Profile gravatar of Denzel Denzel 
    Participant

Hi, after getting TWD LE running, I thought I’d check out the other LEs.

I can see that this table is another amazing work of art; huge appreciation goes out to the table author.

The problem I’m having is that I’m not getting any lasers (haven’t turned off in the script and have turned on GI in demo mode).

I saw earler in the thread that lasers (which come on during vengeance multiball?) aren’t working whilst running B2S?; I can’t see in the script where to disable B2S server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Btw; is there a good possibility that we’ll see Metallica LE?; I last read that the hammer control was causing problems?

Profile gravatar of DJRobX DJRobX 
    Participant

The laser won’t come on until you get the true 3-lock multiball (look for the bright green locks), which is quite a bitch to achieve on this table, as those drop targets are very hard to hit.   It does NOT come on for Vengeance Multiball.    Works fine with B2s, but be prepared that it may bring your cab to its knees!

The laser is smooth on my GTX 960 but I have 4x AA disabled on this table.   It’s the only table I’ll put up without 4x on because the laser is so worth it.  :)

1+

Some users who have liked this topic:

Profile gravatar of Denzel Denzel 
    Participant

Hi again Rob, ah ok; I thought I’d read somewhere that the lasers should come on in in track mode. Is there any way I can test that I’m getting the full GI? (I’m guessing that if I have TWD le working fine that this should have no problems – it’s just that star trek on my cab looks less dark than in pics I’ve seen)

Profile gravatar of Mark70 Mark70 
    Participant

I have a GTX960 too, but I never tried without 4x AA :-)
    I have to check how much it decreases the GFX during normal -Laser free- gameplay when 4x AA is disabled.
    Thanks for the hint..   btw, this table rocks!

Profile gravatar of TerryRed TerryRed 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I copied over randr’s addressable led effects from the PM5 Pro version to this LE version in my *30.ini, and I’m happy to say that they work great with this LE version of the table. these are the cool animated effects I showed on my cab in an older video in my YouTube channel….. they aren’t the normal flasher bar replacement.

Does this LE version make use of the FIRE / Punch It button ? I mean, does it make that button flash like it does at the arcade? I haven’t seen it come on yet…. (I have a FIRE button, and it works on ACDC and Walking Dead LE)

VP really needs to have a dedicated key / button for the “FIRE” lockdown bar button….  some tables use the left magna save….some use the right magna save…..some use the Launch Button.

Is there an easy VB script entry to customise that “Punch It” function to whatever key I want?

Profile gravatar of randr randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I just use launch button as the punch or whatever button

1+
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I just use launch button as the punch or whatever button

This will work for the “Fire” function….but not the “Punch It” function.

This table…and most of Stern’s newer tables that have this lockdown bar button, will make use of this button in two ways:

-while the ball is on the playfield, during certain gameplay events it will act as a “Fire / Whatever” type of button to Fire torpedoes in Star Trek, or fire the cannon in ACDC, etc…  The button will flash when you can use it for this.

-while the ball is in the plunger lane, instead of using the plunger, pressing the “FIRE” button will launch the ball instantly like an auto-plunger. The button does not light up for this.  I’ve seen this work for ACDC, Star Trek, and it also works for Mustang. I’m sure it works for others…

My FIRE button is wired to my left magna-save (or 2nd left flipper for Future Pinball). Since Future Pinball tables like Iron Man, Star Trek, Aliens Legacy, ACDC, and soon the newer Transformers make extensive use of this feature….I wanted a dedicated button available for that.   If I had a normal lockdown bar, I would absolutely HAVE to have a FIRE button in it now.

So, I just want to be able to change the Punch It function to my FIRE button…or at least a “key” of my choosing so I can map it with another program if need be.

Is there a colour modded rom for this yet…. I thought I saw some video fottage of it in action once.   I just got some of the other Stern tables colour modded and man….I want it for all my tables now!

Profile gravatar of randr randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

You can change it in table script to be magnasave if you want that

Profile gravatar of Florian Florian 
    Participant

After I had a hard time to install all prerequisites for this table, I got the weird behavior, that the big ship on top spins like crazy each time it gets hit (sometimes it ends up with its front below the playfield). Its textures also look a bit .. hmm .. low quality?

I guess, I did something wrong during setup – but what? Any hints?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Example of just a ‘light’ spin… It is often worse

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Further investigation – it seems to be connected to nudging. I use the Pinscape controller for analog nudging. When the ship shakes due to ball hit, all is well as long as I don’t physically move my cab. The slightest nudge (e.g. a hard hit on a flipper button) results in the ship doing its crazy dance ;-)

Profile gravatar of krisser krisser 
    Participant

classic vpx issue with nudge. For vpx your deadzone should be much more and even decrease sensitivity for vpx VP. totally different the vp9 settings

logged in on wife’s pc no way would she know that but yeah this is randr not Kristen :)

Participant
    MemberContributor

You can change it in table script to be magnasave if you want that

Yah…if I could change it to left magna save…that would be great.  I’m a little familiar with FP script….but not really VP.

Participant

classic vpx issue with nudge. For vpx your deadzone should be much more and even decrease sensitivity for vpx VP. totally different the vp9 settings

Unfortunately not, nudge settings are quite low and work perfectly regarding behavior of the ball. Its only the ship…

Profile gravatar of Pinball Shawn Pinball Shawn 
    Participant

The shooter autofire fires off the torpedoes every time a ball is launched. There’s no way to stack them up.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 205 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account