Star Trek Limited Edition (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Al
    Participant
      @alandee

Cheers, for the info fren

:good:

Agwood
      Participant
        @agwood

Great table Fren !! I couldn’t wait to get through traffic to get home and play this sucker!

Dodger
        Participant
          @dodger1980

The lightshow is just spectacular :yahoo:   A very nice build and fun to play.

Metallica is next? :whistle:

Vinthar
          Participant
            @vinthar

Can’t make it work. Using latest 10.2 beta. Using VPM as controller. Credits are sluggish and GI is not working. Am I missing something?  Where can I download vpm 2.39 you mentioned?! Latest version I can see is 2.37 (released August 3)?

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

try this:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?do=findComment&comment=31055

-Mike

1 user thanked author for this post.
              freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

The lightshow is just spectacular :yahoo: A very nice build and fun to play. Metallica is next? :whistle:

No promises. I started on it but the hammer solenoid is constantly running and I don’t see any switches connected to it. If I can get past that, AND model a decent hammer, I’ll do it.

Punch it!

Dodger
                Participant
                  @dodger1980

Wow, thank you very much for trying.

I hope for the best ;-)

Laylow
                  Participant
                    @pinlow
                    MemberContributor

Am I the only one who sees only sam vpinmame version up to 2.37 on VPU?   :wacko:

Oops never mind, found it :)

Ah

Johngreve
                    Participant
                      @johngreve

Hi Guys,

First off I”d like to give a great big tip of the hat to all who brought this table to life. Man, this is an inspired piece of work! I love what I see and can play here…it’s hard to not be a “trekkie” and this table just etches that in stone. I love the beautiful crisp table image, the ball physics are just spot on and the lighting is just georgous!

I’m not sure if I have the latest VPinMaME installed correctly as the playfield insert lights do not appear to light with or without the backglass enabled. I do realize, based on this support topic that the playfield lighting doesn’t work with the B2S enabled,but I don’t see a difference one way or the other. Also, in attract mode the playfield lights do not light up either. I did enable the playfield GI lighting in the script. I see the georgous light show in the video…wow…spectacular!

I have to get this working correctly so I can experience a light show induced epileptic seizure. :)

Here are my questions as they pertain to installing the 2.39 version of VPinMame. The questions mainly pertain to where some of the files get placed. I’m running Win7 and have “unblocked” all the files.

1)Bass.dll – I’ve found two of these files…thinking I have one where it doesn’t belong and can probably delete it. One is placed in Program Files/Visual Pinball and the other is placed in Program Files/Visual Pinball/VPinMame. Can I get rid of one of these?

2)PinMAME.exe…..I did not have this file prior to the 2.39 download,or if I do have no idea where it is located….little bit of a loaded question here but, where do I put it? Right now I have it placed in Program Files/Visual Pinball/VPinMAME

3)VPinMAME.dll…..I just placed that in Visual Pinball/VPinMAME and clicked yes when I was asked if I wanted to overwrite the existing file.

4) SAM.vbs…..I placed that in my scripts folder and overwrote the existing file

I could not find the actual st_161h.zip ROM on Sterns site,just st_161.bin, which was located under Star Trek LE list of ROM files.  I changed the script to play the st_161.zip and it does fire up and play with that ROM but am wondering if that has something to do with the insert playfield lights not lighting? I’m thinking not but figured I’d ask as I seen others were doing the same. Can someone point me to the st_161h.zip ROM?

Anyway……I’m just very happy to have this running as well as it is right now. I love the purple glow around the apron area……also I need to have “shields energized” aka sunglasses on when the ship lighting gets cranking….man…that is awesome. I love the long playtime you get on this table too….not a drain monster.

I can’t wait to tear into this some more and see what other surprises are in store for me with this table.

Thanks to Fren and the team for this one!!

Any help with the correct location of the files will be appreciated.

EDIT: Ok…found the st_161h.zip ROM on VPU it made the difference and now the playfield lights fire up properly. I’m thinking I have the VPinMAME in the correct places as the table plays just fine…no coin lag etc. Today is a great day!!

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

Hey John… the pinmame.exe you don’t actually need for pinmame to run like it always has.  You can put it in any folder you want.  Bass and Vpinmame dll’s both go in the vpinmame folder.  Sam goes in scripts.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

The only thing you need to replace is vpinmame.dll, download the file from the link Sliderpoint posted OR download the 2.39 VPinMAME from this post and copy the VPinMAME.DLL from the archive to your VPinMAME folder, overwriting the existing VPinMAME.DLL

That’s all you need to update your VPM, download the st_161h rom from here and copy it to your roms folder.

Now play ST:LE!

Punch it!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                          freneticamnesic
                            @freneticamnesic
                            vipModeratorMember

I see he seems to have fixed it. That should help anyone else at least!

Punch it!

Drybonz
                            Participant
                              @drybonz

I really only understand the basic idea of what you guys are talking about in that LE thread, but it’s really interesting to follow along with the progress anyway.

Al
                              Participant
                                @alandee

I was just using the ball lock as an ‘antiskillshot’  B-)  but it’s way cooler with it working !  :wacko:

cheers,

al

Pinball Shawn
                                Participant
                                  @pinballshawn

Is that vpinmame for a cab, desktop or both?

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

Wow. Played it with the updated VpinMAME and the correct ROM. Now that is some light show!  :yahoo:

Scotty VH
                                      @scottt
                                      ModeratorMember

Holy cow!  Awesome!

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

You ran setup on vpinmame 2.39? copied sam.vbs to scripts folder? Have no scripts in table folder?

********************************************************
                                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

roar
                                        Participant
                                          @roar

Looking forward to a pinDMD version of vpinmame to give this a try.

Rajo Joey
                                          Participant
                                            @joey2001

Thanks for this nice beauty, even if the table is too dark for my older eyes. :wacko:

But the ball gets stock in the left area and I have to exit the game and start new.

Also I have multiballs without end. Always comes new balls. I don’t think, that this is so with the real table. :yahoo:

And a question. How can I reduce the spinning of the ball? I think, it’s too much.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 224 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?