Star Trek Pro (Stern 2013) (VPX Beta 2233+)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    shadow2062
    Participant
      @shadow2062

First off awesome table! One of my new favorites. This is my first vpx table and I noticed that when the ball drains in one of the outlanes its almost like its in slow motion or like its getting stuck on the rubber. Is this a product of vpx? Has anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Jack
      Participant
        @breikers

Thanks for yet another great table Fren ! Unfortunatly i have some problems running this table. In some areas it is very dark, it seems to be missing some graphics (see attached image) And there is a slight flipper lag. No stutter, just a small flipper lag, which makes a bit dificult to play. Any ideas ?

Sorry about the double and reverse image. Can’t seem to rotate or delete the attached file

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

You can adjust brightness in VP editor day/night slider
          We need your PC specs to help in lag also many settings effect performance like having AO on. start by turning that off and provide some specs of your rig to help us help you :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

That’s way too dark that’s for sure.. something is missing. Have you seen missing graphics on other tables? Want to post a screenshot of your VP video options?

Punch it!

Jack
            Participant
              @breikers

Hi Guys, this is the first table i try that has these issues. The daylight slider does not make any difference. I will post a screenshot of the VP video options, and give you some specs when i get home later today. The system has seen better day’s, but it runs all tables so far. Thanks again.

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

Jack, randr just had the same issue on my Sopranos table, he’s using an ATI graphics card on that setup. Are you also using an ATI card by chance?

Punch it!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

@jack i would like to know too. haven’t tried yet on my cab but my test machine does have ati card

for IOS and Android

Jack
                  Participant
                    @breikers

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay. Here are some screenshots of my system. The playfield is connected to the Geforce 9800 card. Could be driver version or total memory available perhaps.

freneticamnesic
                      @freneticamnesic
                      vipModeratorMember

In your Visual Pinball preferences, turn off Ambient Occlusion and give it a try… I suspect that is the problem (and you do have a pretty old card, might be time for an upgrade!)

Punch it!

Jack
                      Participant
                        @breikers

Hi Fren, thx for the reply. I will try disabling the setting. What does it do exactly? And you are wright. It is a very old card, which worked without problems until now anyway :) Might be time for an upgrade indeed. Which card would you recommend ? I will let you know if the setting resolves the issue.

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

Ambient Occlusion is a bit of a shadow feature, with it enabled you see dark areas where objects meet other objects. It can look really cool but has been a problem for some of the older hardware out there. You won’t miss much with it turned off (if that fixes your issue) but you sure notice when it’s turned on.

I’d get a GTX 750 if I were going for something to handle all current tables. I’ve got a GTX 650 and have minimal issues, but I miss out on some of the higher end antialiasing options

Punch it!

Jack
                          Participant
                            @breikers

I tried to disable Ambient Occlusion. The flipper lag is less noticeable, but the dark areas are still there. I have the same issue with the sopranos table unfortunately. I think VP10 (the beta at least) is a bit to much for my video card. The physmod tables play just fine. Guess i have to ask a new card for Christmas :) If you have any more suggestions…

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

New nvidia card would be my suggestion.

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

Clark Kent
                              Participant
                                @clarkkent
                                MemberContributor

Is there a reason why the bumpers are set very weak?

Jack
                                Participant
                                  @breikers

Hi guys, a friend of mine had a geforce 450 gsx lying around which i could borrow. This improves the new vp10 tables alot. But still some ball stutter in multiball. Is this card still to weak ? or are there some tweaks i can try.

freneticamnesic
                                    @freneticamnesic
                                    vipModeratorMember

That sounds too low to me but I’m not personally familiar with the card. A GTX 650 should handle these things just fine, whatever you do get a 2GB card

Punch it!

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

That card is just not any good sorry to say. Minimum 650T

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                                      Jack
                                      Participant
                                        @breikers

Hi randr, thx for the reply,. I will go for a higher end card ! The benchmark results speak for them selves. Love the work you guys are doing.

really
                                        Participant
                                          @st3rn

That sounds too low to me but I’m not personally familiar with the card. A GTX 650 should handle these things just fine, whatever you do get a 2GB card

LOL, I play all of the pins on a GT 430 with a Core 2 Duo@3.00 and yeah I get lag on multiball. The only tables that I seems to have trouble with when it comes to multiball lag are The Avengers, Star Trek and AMH, Kingpin and all of my other tables run just fine, no troubles with FP or PA either. But I’ve found in the past that the graphics/video card doesn’t fix the multiball lag. I didn’t get rid of all the multiball lag until I bought a PC with an i7. Even with a good card on my i5, I still had the multiball lag.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

well I have to respectfully disagree a i5 is plenty! his video card is just not good enough. but I will say vp/windows settings make all the difference when it comes to lag!
                                            but he really needs to update his card either way

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 165 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?