Star Trek Pro (Stern 2013) (VPX Beta 2233+)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    really
    Participant
      @st3rn

well I have to respectfully disagree a i5 is plenty! his video card is just not good enough. but I will say vp/windows settings make all the difference when it comes to lag!
      but he really needs to update his card either way

I don’t know maybe it was just me, but I had a new HP i5 with a 2GB GTX 650 and still had multiball lag on the Avengers pin. The lag didn’t go away until I bought an Asus ROG i7 with a Radeon 5870.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/locator/index.php

Enjoy

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

I have no clue, i7 on both systems….

Punch it!

magicaurel
        Participant
          @magicaurel

Hi,

Really a great job on this table. works pretty well.

I just face a bit of difficulty with the sound. The rom sounds are pretty loud for effect, and pretty low (almost cannot hear) the voices and music. I tried to play in the rom settings, but if I increase it, the effect are still way too loud compared to the voice/music.
          I have the mechanical sound of the game on a second speaker set.

I probably miss a setting somewhere, does anyone faced this issue and knows how to solve it?

Thanks a ot!

goesta
          Participant
            @goesta

Hey Fren,
            Thank you for your work and this great table. It is real fun and i waited a long for this one.
            I seen a youtube video about 1 1/2 or 2 years ago from a Future Pinball Version. This was the point where all started – and i downloaded all Virtual Pinball stuff i found…. then ordered parts to build a cabinet. Today, i still not have the cabinet build, but all the DOF stuff working sitting on my desktop table.
            …. When i finally was able to download the FP version i was so disapointed – NOW i got your Version and it is a blast to play!
            Cannot thank you enough!
            Greets,
            Goesta
            ;-)

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

I just played this in the latest release of VPX and I have quite a bit of physics tweaks to make. I noticed the ball is really riding the rubbers strangely. Look for a new version this weekend, probably with similar physics to Metallica as well. It should play a bit faster too. I’ll see if I can figure out what’s causing stutter for some users as well.

Punch it!

goesta
              Participant
                @goesta

Great News! Thank you !! :good:

Pinball Shawn
                Participant
                  @pinballshawn

I just played this in the latest release of VPX and I have quite a bit of physics tweaks to make. I noticed the ball is really riding the rubbers strangely. Look for a new version this weekend, probably with similar physics to Metallica as well. It should play a bit faster too. I’ll see if I can figure out what’s causing stutter for some users as well.

I’ve been tweeking VPX for the past two days and have ST playing pretty well now. How about this weirdness, I get stutter if I turn OFF the PF reflections, opposite of everyone else. With them on it plays nice and smooth, off and it’s choppy as can be. The Anistotropic filtering caused me oddball problems as well. Ball reflections are always on no matter what. Can’t solve the in/outlane strange bounce behavior though. No rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it’s there sometimes it’s not. Another strange behavior I’m having is the things that are supposed to free up graphics, like texture compression, are actually making the game play worse! I’ve tweeked everything to death and I can say my PM5 and 9.9 games have never looked or played better, it was smooth before, now it’s like liquid metal smooth;)
                  VPX is still basically in it’s infancy, I can see a lot of changes coming up very soon.

Daryl
                  Participant
                    @allknowing2012

Love to get a write up on what you find .. I see a lot of wall hugging on my vpx table build.

Pinball Shawn
                    Participant
                      @pinballshawn

One more note, these VPX tables have an unnatural backspin to them. It’s not a spin issue, but it feels more like a friction issue. It feels like the ball actually bites into the PF and curves or takes an exaggerated spin. I think lowering the friction will give a more realistic feel and spin.
                      Just throwing that out there. I work in the pinball business btw, I know exactly how they feel in the real world.

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

One more note, these VPX tables have an unnatural backspin to them. It’s not a spin issue, but it feels more like a friction issue. It feels like the ball actually bites into the PF and curves or takes an exaggerated spin. I think lowering the friction will give a more realistic feel and spin.
                        Just throwing that out there. I work in the pinball business btw, I know exactly how they feel in the real world.

Even metallica? That should have great ball behavior, IMO. Drastically different from Sopranos and Star Trek and any other table I’ve done…

Punch it!

PinBill
                        Participant
                          @pinbill

Fren,
                          I have the same issue with Star Trek and Metallica in terms of physics. I’m on a Dell XPS i7, Win 7 64 bit, and a GTX600 video card. For some reason on these 2 tables the physics are described as above. The ball has an unusual amount of spin. I will see the ball coming straight down the middle and make a complete “C” curve and hit the farthest outlane. The ball also feels extremely heavy if I had to put it in real world terms. It’s hard to et up the “warp” ramp in ST, and the ball always goes halfway up and falls back down each of the ramps. I’m not sure what the issue is. I have over 170 tables on my cabinet, and of course the 2 tables I love the most are almost unplayable. I’m at a constant 60fps too when pressing F11. I still have ball stutter though with it being jittery. Odd behavior.

freneticamnesic
                            @freneticamnesic
                            vipModeratorMember

I have never seen anything like that. You have other VPX tables working? Which ones work for you?

Punch it!

Pinball Shawn
                            Participant
                              @pinballshawn

No, Metallica actually feels quite good. I just played it for an hour solid. I do have a MT questions though, is that top center pop-up post supposed to be like that? Sometimes it destroys the flow of the game. if you hit it slow, the ball hangs for second, then the post drops and lets it continue to the lanes. Sometimes it drops completely allowing you to hit the arch with good speed. I can’t remember how the real machine works.
                              I do have some issues with the ST warp ramp. I can hit it 30% of the time, sometimes it takes a hop at the very beginning of the ramp, occasionally it feels like it hits something half way up. Those third flipper shots are always the hardest to adjust, and that ramp is a killer man, I know it was a difficult one to build.

Jasper
                              Participant
                                @jafjas

Hey Fren.
                                First of all, what a great looking and playing table! My compliments!
                                I got only one strange thing, also on metallica.
                                When the ball hits the top posts of both the left and right drain some strange physics will come in action. It’s Luke the ball does not know what side tot and creaps along the playfield to the bottom of the table.

But then again, great tables indeed! :good:

Best regards,

Jasper

nFozzy
                                Participant
                                  @nfozzy

The ball hanging up on the rubbers is caused by the height. Rubbers at 25 height will work fine. Just a weird bug with rubbers in VPX that hasn’t been totally fixed yet.

Big problem I’m having is the Spinner. Game sits at 350 FPS with the FPS uncapped on my new rig, but the collideable spinner primitive stutters every time.

freneticamnesic
                                    @freneticamnesic
                                    vipModeratorMember

You can make the primitive not collidable and the frame drop should stop happening. The spinner will still work

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
                                      @freneticamnesic
                                      vipModeratorMember

OK table updated, should fix everyone’s issues :) let me know if I missed something

Star Trek (Visual Pinball 10)

Punch it!

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update Fren. Great vp10 table!

********************************************************
                                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

ICPjuggla
                                          @icpjuggla
                                          MembervipModerator

Nice, thx fren awesome table as always! :-)

Pinball Shawn
                                          Participant
                                            @pinballshawn

What are you doing man? Are you trying to break up my marriage? You drop this masterpiece on us and expect my wife not to leave me?! :)
                                            You are a GIANT among men because this is THE BOMB! Holy mackerel man, I can’t take it!!!
                                            Must…. get…. gold…. medals….. arrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 165 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?