Star Trek Pro (Stern 2013) (VPX Beta 2233+)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    jbg4208
    Participant
      @jbg4208

Wahoo!! :yahoo: :good:

Thanks Fren.. Absolutely love this table.

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Lol
        Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anyone’s marriage!!! I’m barely responsible for my own

Punch it!

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Amazing work fren. I don’t know how but the table even looks more detailed in this version. Kudos.

Ray
          Participant
            @vpfan

Wow, this table is truly epic at this point. Really, really stupendous job here! I can only dream of being able to create such a table. Many thanks for your time and energy, Fren.

Pinball Shawn
            Participant
              @pinballshawn

Table is amazing. It’s still too hard to hit that warp ramp. I know it’s a complex one. On the real machine (which I play very very often) I can hit that ramp 15 times per game easily, I’m struggling to hit it 3 times per game now. It’s not a power issue, I tried different strengths but the results are the same. One other weird quirk, occasionally when a ball is really cooking down the right ramp it jumps off at the bottom and heads down the outlane. That’s not really a big deal and adds a little inconsistency to the action, but it does happen here and there. I’m not sure if anything can be done, but other than that it plays EXACTLY like the real deal.

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

I personally can hit the warp ramp consistently and far more often on this than I can on the real machine

Punch it!

Pinbolt
                Participant
                  @pinbolt

Love your Star Trek table but the Warp ramp is very hard.

freneticamnesic
                    @freneticamnesic
                    vipModeratorMember

deal with it, it’s fine

Punch it!

Pinball Shawn
                    Participant
                      @pinballshawn

But… but… but… :cry:

Sneetch
                      Participant
                        @sneetch

I love this table, amazing work. Probably need to message Angrim on DOF but replay knocker doesn’t fire when I get a replay. It goes off when credits are added just fine however so I know the knocker works. Is there a setting I can changge for this? Does stern use a different code for replay and I need to add a custom map in DOF to have it fire as expected? Or should I just deal with it cuz it’s fine. :heart:

Pinball Shawn
                        Participant
                          @pinballshawn

I’ve been playing quite a bit of Star Trek over the past two days and found a few errors during multiplayer games. Player 2,3 and 4 cannot select their missions, it’s selected as soon as they are up. Sometimes it actually auto-fires the ball. This doesn’t affect player 1 at all. I have also experienced a few VP crashes during multiplayer only and only when player 2 or 3 was playing. I tried and tried to get it to crash on 1 player but it’s rock stable. Not sure if the two are related but I thought I’d throw it out there.
                          This happened yesterday using a GTX-660 video card, I replaced the card this morning with a GTX-770 TI and replaced all the drivers and it did the same thing tonight.

Pinball Shawn
                          Participant
                            @pinballshawn

Found two other quirks, and please know I’m not criticizing just debugging because this is my favorite game on VP. The auto-plunger triggers the power weapon (yellow triangles in the center of the PF), making it impossible to stack them up. I noticed it during Vengeance multiball, each ball it shoots fires off one power/weapon.
                            This next one only happened once and I’ve played hundreds of games, I hit the right ramp today full blast and the ball flew off the top of the ramp and went behind the backdrop, then it rolled to the left behind the backdrop and disappeared. I could not shake it out.
                            Thanks!

Marc
                            Participant
                              @marcdaddy

Thanks FREN!! This has become my favorite table!!!!!!!!!!!!

senseless
                              Participant
                                @senseless

Really love this table! Played it over the weekend and time flies like warp speed :). Stunning job Fren!

Nostromo
                                Participant
                                  @nostromo

Realy looks amazing Fren! :good:

Atm building my cab, are there things to consider for that center fire/select button that is used on the real pinball?

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

Due to being a total moron and drunk posting a Star Trek thread in the Metallica thread. I am now copying my thread and Frens useful reply here for others to make use of.

Fren,
                                    I have been playing the crap out of this table and cant say enough how well it looks and plays. Many thanks for producing it.

I do however have question with the large ship animation. I have seen on my cab that when the animation starts, it can really flop around unnaturally (almost upside down) and even get stuck in an unnatural position. I dont think this is an issue with the table but more so the result of my DOF solenoids providing feedback.

Does the ship respond to the feedback shock from the solenoids? If yes, is there a way I can back the sensitivity down so that the problem does not occur on my table?

I also noticed that if two balls return to the plunger staging area during multi-ball auto launch. I have on two occasions now seen a ball get stuck on the right side apron about a few scale inches to the left of the plunger window. Seems to only happen when two balls are staged together. Just wanted to pass that along.

Thanks again for what you do. :good:

Frens reply:
                                    I know you mean Star Trek – you can tone down the vengeance movement pretty easily though
                                    open the script, on line 985 you’ll see towards the end “* 50” – change that to 25 or something and try it. Mess with the number until you get the desired results!

how often do you get two balls in the plunger lane? Does it happen because one ball didn’t make it all the way out? Hmm, you could increase the plunger strength maybe to make sure all balls leave the plunger lane, or decrease the size of the “swplunger” trigger in the shooter lane (reduce the size vertically, or more easily, select the trigger and shift+down arrow twice to move it further down to reduce the trigger area)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Thanks Fren. The Vengence tweak did work. “15” is working very well with my DOF cab. I will monitor the apron stuck ball weirdness and provide any additional data that may be of use to you.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Drunk posting! we need more of that here :bye:

********************************************************
                                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Ray
                                        Participant
                                          @vpfan

Related to the above fix for Bill’s issue with the ship movement, is there a similar value that would impact the amount of movement placed on the ship from nudging (analog nudge via a PinScape controller)?

What I notice on my cab is that hits from the ball to the vengeance target impart a good amount of movement to the ship, if I happen to nudge the table while the ship is moving it will go nuts. Rapid, extreme movement past vertical.

The line 985 edit only seems to control the force/amount of movement from the ball hit, but no impact on the movement from nudging. I browsed around the script and didn’t stumble on anything else that seemed obvious. No discernable impact to changing the value in line 986 from *2 to *1 (obviously no clue on it’s actual function), etc.

I have nudge sensitivity at a realistic feeling, normal level in VPX. Nothing extreme at all, so not sure if it’s somehow my setup.

Not a major issue obviously, just thought I’d bring it up if there might a similarly quick fix for that.

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

I don’t know about many of you but often I just pick a table at random and play for a little while. This is such an awesome table. Everything about this recreation is finely polished in exact detail.

Hell of a job on this Fren. Thank you.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 165 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?