Star Wars Data East Game Scoreboard

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sharon
    Participant
      @smelsha

Hello my name is Sharon:
      Can anyone help me figure out how to get the Star Wars scoreboard? I thought it was included in the backglass but I must be wrong because the backglass is there but not the scoreboard.

Thanks Much!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

What star wars table? also what backglass you running? probably turned off in script but if we knew what version you are trying to load/play we can help. provide table name or better yet full file name you downloaded. should be a easy fix once we have that info

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

Can you link to the table you downloaded so we can see what’s going on ?

Punch it!

Sharon
          Participant
            @smelsha

I really appreciate you sharing your talent with me!

I am attaching a copy of the Star Wars table I am using and also the Wheel image I am using.

Thanks bunches!

Sharon
            Participant
              @smelsha

This message board will not allow me to attach this vpt file. Star_Wars_VP9_1.0FS.vpt: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

Vampirolatino2
              Participant
                @vampirolatino2

I think you need to zip the file first ;)

really
                Participant
                  @st3rn

Meh, this is the only one that I know of:
                  table:
                  http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=4503
                  glass: (I don’t know where they got that exact glass?)
                  http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11247
                  another glass:
                  http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7487

Looked here on vpinball, VPuniverse, VPforums, PSDB, hum…
                  Later

Sharon
                  Participant
                    @smelsha

I am attaching a copy of snapshots (one is just a snapshot of the backglass in case you need to see it) I have that show the error to this Star Wars issue. I think I am getting confused.

Any help with figuring this error message out would help me greatly.

Thank you so much!

really
                    Participant
                      @st3rn

You may want to read this:
                      http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=15161
                      Hope it helps.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

you trying to load a future pinball table by the looks of it. but you listed a visual pinball table? no need to upload the table here just file name is fine. you need to make sure the future pinball table is installed in future pinball tables folder. looking at error it is not

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Sharon
                        Participant
                          @smelsha

The file I got from vp site is a .vpt file not a .fpt file.
                          I just looked at all my files this is what I see.
                          I verified it is a .vpt file.
                          The files show in the Table (shows as stwr_103.zip—not sure it that matters or not), Wheel Image, ROM, and Table Image files show as file name Star Wars (Data East 1992), each with the appropriate extensions for that folder.

I searched my C: drive and cannot find an .ini file for vp or visual pinball either. Are you talking about the folder that contains the .xml? When I went into that I found the description name matched the identical file name as the wheel, table, and backglass.

I cannot express enough how much I appreciate you helping me. I have no idea if I am even close to fixing this issue. I am usually pretty good at computers and have been a liason between programmers and end users in the past, so I know bits and pieces it seems.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Sure looks from screenshot that it is looking for .fpt file? your screenshot with error is hard to read. does tavle play if you close error? just no scoring? if so. load table. right click on backglass and make sure b2s dmd is not hidden and dmd is not hidden. then you simply drag “scoring” to third monitor(your dmd) as it usually is on playfield but simply drag it to your scoring area. click back on playfield after you move it to lock position

for IOS and Android

Sharon
                            Participant
                              @smelsha

I click on okay (which is the only choice) and it closes out. It does not allow any type of play.

Sliderpoint
                              Participant
                                @sliderpoint
                                MemberContributor

I think REALLY had this correct with his link to the other discussion on this type of error. This has to be an error in your hyperpin .xml file. I don’t use HyperPin so I don’t know the name of the visual pinball .xml file is. But if you can find it, maybe you can upload that and we can look for errors inside that file.

-Mike

Sharon
                                Participant
                                  @smelsha

Attached you will find a copy of the .xml file I have on this pinball machine.

Thanks!

Sharon
                                  Participant
                                    @smelsha

Since this site does not allow for an attachment of this sort, here is what is typed in the .xml file.

<game name=”Star Wars (Data East 1992)”>
                                    <description>star_wars</description>
                                    <manufacturer>Atari</manufacturer>
                                    <year>1976</year>
                                    <type>SS</type>
                                    </game>

Sliderpoint
                                    Participant
                                      @sliderpoint
                                      MemberContributor

I’m not 100% sure, but I’d think that the game name should actually be “Star_Wars_VP9_1.0FS” Not “Star Wars (Data East 1992)”. I would think that would be the description.

You can try that or maybe someone with Hyperpin will verify.

-Mike

EDIT: actually your MFG and year are wrong based on the screenshots too.
                                      I think it should look like this:

<game name=”Star_Wars_VP9_1.0FS”>
                                      <description>Star Wars (Data East 1992)</description>
                                      <manufacturer>Data East</manufacturer>
                                      <year>1992</year>
                                      <type>SS</type>
                                      </game>

Sharon
                                      Participant
                                        @smelsha

I thought it had to be named identical to the ROM and Table name but I will try what you said.

Sharon
                                        Participant
                                          @smelsha

The error message I have been receiving is:
                                          Hyperpin

cannot find c:\pinsanity\visualpinball\tables\Star Wars (Data East 1992.fpt)

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

you had to install in wrong xml. Its looking for a FUTURE pinball table (.fpt) but you said you are installing a VISUAL pinball table. Open your future pinball xml and make sure that starwars data east 1992 is not in that xml but is in visual pinball.xml also make sure the table is in visualpinball\tables folder

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?