Star Wars Empire Edition DOFLinx Mod WIP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
      @crile1
      MemberContributor

Just letting folks know that I am working on adding DOFLinx to Slam’s excellent Star Wars Empire edition.  Letting people know so that we can conquer and divide the fp tables and not have multiple people working on the same tables.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Good stuff….  I was going to jump on this one already, but SLAM said he has an update for it….but that will probably take a long time to get released.

However, it will be good to have this version DOFLinx’d until then. Love this table.

I’m doing Iron Man right now, then TRON Legacy when 1.13 is released, then probably Avatar, maybe his  ACDC….

I did want to do his original Back to the Future, LOTR, Nightmare, and Transformers…but those have big updates that are coming as well. If there is no sign of those updates coming anytime soon, then I will probably jump on them as well.

Senseless is doing Phantom of the Opera (Ultimate Edition).

Good idea posting your WIP…so we can do different tables.

Dr.Tom
        Participant
          @crile1
          MemberContributor

Yeah, we should create a forum topic like this with some kind of general heading like “future pinball DOFLinx Mod Wips in progress” and that way we can keep track.  I’m mainly doing original tables because I have most others in VP.  I’m dying to see the final Tron that Slam is doing.  Can’t wait. Believe it or not, I’m about to post my Empire edition table.  I blasted through it.  But now with a “cheat sheet” of animations and such, it’s mostly cut and pasting and then testing.

TerryRed
            @terryred

Great to hear.

Yah, with the cheat sheet, it really does take alot of the work out of it. It really depends on how complex the table is…multiball modes,etc…and what you want to do with that stuff that takes a while to sort out. For me, its creating Timers for movie clips and having feedback and lighting to match up that takes a while.

I was sooooo ready to start on Tron 1.12, then SLAM adds in a bunch of stuff right after 1.12 gets released in 1.13…so I want to wait for that version since it’s a big update. I also wanted to concentrate on FP originals as well….especially SLAM’s. However his Iron Man, Avatar, Tron Legacy (Stern), ACDC, Transformers and LOTR are too sexy to pass up.

When I’m not busy doing other tables, I can always add in the extra cabinet stuff you don’t have (beacon, strobes, blower fan, gear, start, coin, launch,RGB,etc) to your DOFLinx mods at some point if you want.

Dr.Tom
            Participant
              @crile1
              MemberContributor

Sure, add away.  In my newer mods I’m adding blower and gear routinely.  Check out minions (gear when bob (right minion on scoop kickout) and gear with r2d2 on my empire.  Blower should be hitting you with coin insertion.  check out the empire when it is up.  I added a shaker to the plunger when the light saber lights…makes if simulate a saber actually firing up.  Guess maybe change it to your blower or gear to test, since you don’t have a shaker.

TerryRed
                @terryred

I was testing Minions late at night while the family slept, so I couldn’t test the feedback portion yet. Will definitely check it out :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?