Star Wars Wedgehead

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

WOW does the side art look nice! did you ever post a clear shot of whole side? I don’t recall seeing it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

A couple more holes to make before bringing it to the pinball room from the shop to begin the wiring; intake fan hole near front of cab, and power plug hole in the back, oh and maybe a hole for the sub, but that will probably wait until I get everything else laid out, dof included (dof will be after golden Arrow cleanup) Back doors will come later.  I think that’s all I got, except pinballx is being weird, runs and launches a table fine but then about half the time I exit the table pinballx puts itself on the backglass monitor  :unsure:  but not all the time, and sometimes it doesn’t show the wheel images for all the tables just some, other times it shows them all  :unsure:   :unsure:

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

WOW does the side art look nice! did you ever post a clear shot of whole side? I don’t recall seeing it

There’s one with the main cab several posts up, here is another I took the other day that has the backbox on it as well.

2016-08-02-17.24.31

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

that last one was when i was fitting the metal cross bar/glass reciever/i don’t know what it’s called here’s a picture:

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

I believe I have finished up all the wood shop type cutting and drilling, anything else will be pretty minor, so I moved it into the house and combined it with the rest of it’s parts.  None of the buttons are wired up yet so still need to use the keyboard and mouse, but I could almost say it looks like it belongs there with it’s cousins.  Still need to measure for and get a custom size playfield glass made as well.

2016-08-07-14.23.02

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

its a beaut clark…. from start to finish (well there never finished)

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Damn! Has to be the fastest build I’ve seen. Looks good.  :good:

for IOS and Android

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

Congrats! It looks definitely like one of the family and I love how the cab art worked out. Good luck with finalizing the wiring etc.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

Look ma, no more plastic cup!  I got glass!

Buttons are all wired up to zebs controller, plunger functioning (still needs a little tweaking but it works), I have a playable cab!  Still to go clean up the wiring inside, get everything positioned where I want and fastened in place, clean up all the old system 1 stuff for dof (flippers, slings, chimes, knocker, bell) and add DOF.  But all that is going to wait while I cleanup Golden Arrow to fill in the spot next to it.  Anybody in the pacific northwest (US) want to buy a fun playing but nicely used Vulcan pinball machine?

2016-08-11-17.07.58

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

HA!  Just saw the reflection.  Yes my 4 machine pinball room doubles as a laundry room and pantry.  LOL

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

You have the new pin at home?

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

You have the new pin at home?

scroll up a few posts it’s in the picture  :yahoo:  It’s out in the shop getting cleaned and stripped then scanned so I can update my VP version.

Al
                            Participant
                              @alandee

Looks awesome with glass !

I’m loving the speckles / stars too, they are so subtle it’s awesome. I seem to remember when I was a youngster working in an arcade, a highly gloss white with red and blue speckles but larger than your stars, and then, what I guess now, was a clear coat over the top .. I might try something similar on mine, although vinyl looks so good too … and less work .. :)

Cheers,

al.

roar
                              Participant
                                @roar

In all honesty BorgDog I could see myself building another virtual pin just so I can build a wedge head. I love what you’ve done here, it just looks amazing. If I had your talents and could build my own virtual game around a theme that inspired me it would be so cool to build a cab for it.

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

Look ma, no more plastic cup! I got glass! Buttons are all wired up to zebs controller, plunger functioning (still needs a little tweaking but it works), I have a playable cab! Still to go clean up the wiring inside, get everything positioned where I want and fastened in place, clean up all the old system 1 stuff for dof (flippers, slings, chimes, knocker, bell) and add DOF. But all that is going to wait while I cleanup Golden Arrow to fill in the spot next to it. Anybody in the pacific northwest (US) want to buy a fun playing but nicely used Vulcan pinball machine? 2016-08-11-17.07.58

is this the sunshine laundromat?   B-)

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

is this the sunshine laundromat? B-)

wise guy.

@AI @roar Thanks for the kind words guys, was a lot of fun to build.

senseless
                                    Participant
                                      @senseless

Congratz on finalizing your cab, it looks amazing between the other pins. Love how it all turned out! How’s the cab with DOF, do you like it :)?

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

No DOF yet, other projects need to get done first (home remodeling), but sometime this fall it will get done.

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

Have not done much to the cab in a while, except play test tables and occasionally just play, but got out into the shop the other day and started cleaning up my pinball toys to put in for DOF.  Today I made and wired up the first of three “DOF boards” that I will be putting the cab.  My “DOF boards” are literally boards that my feedback devices will be attached to. The first of them has flipper and slingshot mechs attached.  Another will have 3 bumper mechs, and the third will have 3 of the little 12v solenoids off ebay.  I will also have a gottlieb 3 chime box, knocker and 5″ bell that all mount to the cabinet walls in approximately the same location as in my Golden Arrow.  Progress and updates likely to be sporadic, but I thought I’d share the start.

Here’s a little video:

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Very nice! I tried real pin solenoids way back when I first setup my first cab but decided to use just a real knocker and contractors for the rest. But at the time I was using relays and they added another sound to flippers I didn’t like the click of relay was annoying. But now mofets would be used I suppose and solve that problem

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 176 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?