STERN 'Pinball Arcade' – anyone got it working in a cab yet?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Phil Docker
    Participant
      @dock

Part of me wants to finally download Steam into my cabinet PC and install the new Stern games.  Things that at the moment are not 100% supported in VP or VPinMame yet.  Like ‘Spike’ games! and older games like AC/DC pro (as the new Vpinmame emulation is still a little buggy).

Was wondering if anyone had got it running in a cabinet yet, I am not too bothered about running any kind of backglass as you can just leave a picture up if need be, as Stern dont do animations – they just put a fluorescent tube behind the translite…..

I think this may be the quickest way of getting the newer SPIKE games into our cabs.  I know Pinball arcade is supported, but unsure if the Stern version is currently.

So – anyone clever enough to work out how to do this?

CarnyPriest
      Participant
        @carnypriest

I’ve run the free tables in portrait mode in a cab. If you like VP then you are not going to like what you see with Stern arcade. Have fun blowing $10 a pop for the “good” stuff that isn’t already covered in TPA.

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw
          ModeratorContributorMembervip

I downloaded today.  Garbage, garbage, garbage.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

I haven’t played Stern Pinball Arcade only TPA but one thing that did really frustrate me after coming across physmod and later VPX was something their lead designer (spacing his name at the moment) said in an interview awhile back. He basically gave one long BS answer about how difficult it was to do their physics. All of these crazy calculations and infinite angles of the ball coming off of the flipper. Yet it does feel like the tables have a bunch of invisible railroad tracks that the ball must stay on. A lot of tables are too easy. And this is coming from someone who isn’t that great at pinball.

I actually bought his explanation until physmod came along. I have since come to the opinion that Farsight is simply catering to a different market but why the BS answer?

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Anyway sorry for the rant. I just feel cheated in hindsight.  :unsure:

senseless
              Participant
                @senseless

It’s just ‘arcade’ and has nothing to do with simulation. That’s why it is also quite easy to play the tables. The engine is made in such a way everyone who picks it up can play the tables without making a real effort. I have fun with it but not more than that. The Stern tables feels like a rush job with a crappy interface. Not worth the money yet IMHO.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?