Sticky flippers with some vpt tables

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jevansoh
    Participant
      @jevansoh

Hi,

I’ve come a long way and made a lot of progress, but I’m having one remaining and very irritating problem on my new cabinet.

Some vpt tables have very sticky flippers.

Cirqus Voltaire works great, but Class of 1812 has sticky flippers.  The ball physics is good on both of them, but I have no clue why some vpt tables have sticky flippers and some don’t.

I have VP set to run as administrator and have checked to make sure nothing is blocked.

I don’t really know what else to check.

Thanks in advance for any support you may be able to offer.

–J

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

So, you are talking about VPT tables ? That means VP9 – right ? Did you download these youself and have you installed VP yourself is my first question. If you installed VP yourself.

What link did you use ?

jevansoh
        Participant
          @jevansoh

Yes I did.  I used the all-in-one installer, I believe it was the version 10.3.  I can look up the exact link if you need it.

jevansoh
          Participant
            @jevansoh

Yes, it means VP9, btw.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Have you downloaded older EM tables ? Do you have problems with any of those ? ( tables that doesn’t use rom )

Try a few, so we can be sure it is not only a fluke. And, what is the path to your installation of VP ?

jevansoh
              Participant
                @jevansoh

I have tried some older EM tables that don’t have DOF (At least I guess not as no force feedback or lighting works) and they all seem to work fine.

My path is program files (x86)\visual pinball\tables for the tables folder.

jevansoh
                Participant
                  @jevansoh

I downloaded a table called Batman, a vpt table, and played it and it had the same sticky flippers.  I exited and played it again and the sticky flippers problem went away.  Could it be some tables just mess up on the first play?  This is just one example, so I don’t know if that will fix it on all of them or not but I did notice it on Batman.

Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

Make sure you are not getting any errors or dialogs when you launch the table. (eg: missing directb2s file)  These interruptions on load can cause that issue.

-Mike

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

I believe I told you in some other thread. It is normal that when you start a rom for the first time you will get weird flippers and delays. It is not related to the table. You can have table_v1.0.vpt and table_v1.1.vpt. After the rom has run once, the weirdness is gone from them both. And yeah, make sure you have a b2s corresponding to the table in the same folder as the table itself. A good habit is to click the table-name, right click – choose properties, select the full table name, then copy the name to the clipboard. Then click the backglass file and choose rename. Paste in the name you have in the clipboard and do 4 backspaces. It is easy to get a character wrong if you rename it by normal typing.

To me it sounds like you VP is working normally. You know – there are a few EM’ with DOF. I believe Arngrim fixed it for all Loserman76′ tables – http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showuser=41250 … at least almost all. I know there are a few there where the knocker hits the table crashes. I forgot to give feedback on those.

jevansoh
                      Participant
                        @jevansoh

You’re absolutely right.  That’s a good tip and I’ll use it.

Thanks!

–J

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

I just updated my post …

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?