Stranger Things: Stranger Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Scottywic
    Participant
      @scottywic

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/stranger-things-stranger-edition/

Stranger Things: Stranger Edition, a full rebuild / reimagining of my original from last year.  It’s pretty much not even the same game anymore. I’m kinda exhausted soo I’ll write more in the future but for now, go get to playing and stop wasting your time reading this.

MUST READ INSTALLATION NOTES OR THIS WON’T WORK

Credits / Thank You’s

• My Wife for her amazing voice over work (yes that is her pitch shifted up to sound like a teen) on the game and her patience with me while i was working on this table for far too many hours. And also for giving us a beautiful baby boy =).
      • Nailbuster for the amazing pinup player and his endless patience working with me to add features and additions to make all this come together.
      • The VPX team, without this amazing platform none of this would be possible.
      • TerryRed for all his work on the DOF and MXleds, the complexity of this work and his dedication is  inspiring.
      • TomTower for his guidance and the amazing Demogorgon animation – seriously amazing.
      • Ninuzzu for his help on the Demogorgon extension rod and al blinking wall lights scripting.
      • DJRobx for the amazing SSF work, making the clunks and thuds sound unbelievably realistic.
      • JPsalas for his guidance getting me started coding pinball tables he is the godfather.
      • Peter, Jens and Clint for their endless bug checking and help dialing this game in.
      • Flupper for his tutorials on clear plastic ramps and his awesome dome scripts which i used heavily.
      • lauminet for the awesome demogorgon model
      • Jrsprad & Stat for their help on version 1 of the table.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I will say this is an amazing original and will be my first pin up table. Just amazing work thank you

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Note: DOF, and MX Leds are not yet correctly implemented. It currently only has the old DOF code in the table and the old DOF on DOF Config Tool. So you will get a lot of good effects…but many are missing or not firing correctly. An update for both the table and DOF will be coming when I’m finished. (hopefully tonight, or tomorrow).

jabba
          Participant
            @jabba

Incredible work! Thanks Scottywic. My favourite table release this year and my teenagers are digging it! :good:

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Wonderfully creative

snwfrd38
              Participant
                @ffarges

This table is just awesome! I cannot believe the level of creativity, quality. I loved already the “version 1” at that one literally blown me away! The atmosphere is bang on, sound, graphics, lighting. Direct in my top favorites! This is amazing to see what the developers VPX, PinUP are making possible with pure talent! Really well done. 2018 is already an incredible pincab year! Thanks all.

Just a bug to report : when I get a top score – it stays lid on the BS even when a new party starts.

edwin1971
                Participant
                  @edwin1971

Great table, nice work,  THX

only litle problem with topper, ofter 2 sec its gone.

Mark70
                  Participant
                    @mark70

Amazing Work! What a huge project, and what a great result.  The PUP B2S looks as good as one of the latest real tables, beside the score and timer I really like the how to play instructions on the backglass. Everywhere so much details, even when entering a highscore. Great looking table, awesome lighting with color changing inserts and so much more.  Due to the easy to follow install instructions, everything worked at the first try. Thanks alot! A sidenote, your first table made me curious about the show, and thats why I became a netflix customer :)

rablack97
                    Participant
                      @rablack97

what do you mean here?  which config?

1. Open the file strangerthingsle-3.37.vpx and check the config options at the top of the file if you have 3 and 4 screens. If you have a dmd then turn on the ultradmd setting. If you have a topper then turn on the topper setting.

1. Open the file strangerthingsle-3.37.vpx and check the config options at the top of the file if you have 3 and 4 screens. If you have a dmd then turn on the ultradmd setting. If you have a topper then turn on the topper setting.
                      TerryRed
                        @terryred

what do you mean here? which config?

1. Open the file strangerthingsle-3.37.vpx and check the config options at the top of the file if you have 3 and 4 screens. If you have a dmd then turn on the ultradmd setting. If you have a topper then turn on the topper setting.

1. Open the file strangerthingsle-3.37.vpx and check the config options at the top of the file if you have 3 and 4 screens. If you have a dmd then turn on the ultradmd setting. If you have a topper then turn on the topper setting.

He means in the VPX table’s script there are options at the top.

Take it easy on poor Scotty…he just had a newborn baby…so he is probably very sleep deprived right now.  ;)

TerryRed
                          @terryred

If you don’t have a dedicated Topper screen, then don’t worry about enabling the Topper…it’s just simply a rolling video for Topper users.

To those who do have a Topper screen have the Topper disappearing (if you enabled it in the table’s script at the top)…try changing your default Topper setting to Always ON.

Attachments:
                          Johngreve
                          Participant
                            @johngreve

My mind has been blown…..!!!
                            I knew that this was going to be special when it was announced that this table would include full PuP support but I sure wasn’t expecting all of this. This is beyond clever and more accurately described as pure genius.i don’t know if I can put into words how incredible this effort is but please allow me to try.
                            When I first installed everything and loaded the table for the first time I was just wowed….I mean I had to step back from the cabinet a few feet with a huge smile on my face and had to just take it all in. The music,the PuP video with the authors credits proudly being displayed on the BG and the amazing light show on the playfield….simply amazing. The loop of 80’s music being played…some of my very favorites from what I consider to be the best period of music in my 63 years is a perfect compliment to the era of the show.
                            I just love the rules overlay on the playfield, I’ve not seen that before but it’s a terrific idea. Love the color changing LED inserts and the flashers….I’m drawn like a moth to a flame by bright shiny objects, well done! Also impressed by how the songs pause when the PuP video is played then resumes after the video.I like the continuity of keeping the same song playing like that.
                            The eggos for pop bumpers is really clever too….I like the way you keep score on the backglass as well as on the DMD display. Plenty of objectives being kept track of. I can really appreciate some of those extra touch’s that have been so lovingly added to this table. So many firsts on this table that it’s hard to mention them all. I’ll suspect that there are plenty yet for me to discover.
                            My jaw dropped when I went the upside down world…..I was playing the table for a while and completely missed the fact that there was a lower playfield. Makes perfect sense in the context of the show. Very nicely implemented!
                            The playfield art is gorgeous and I love the way you have the actors/characters lit down by the jets and flippers in the attract mode. The ramps and wire forms are things of beauty, all shiny and realistic looking as can be. Also love the little animated Gorgon monster when he pops up.
                            What a cool surprise when you enter a high score….don’t want to spoil it for anyone but again, completely unexpected and brilliant.
                            I think it’s really nice the way everyone who worked on the table has credit for their work displayed right out in the open on the backglass where it needs to be that’s a really important touch.
                            The install went smoothly thanks to the simple straightforward instructions. I wasn’t sure whether I’d have a problem or not with PuP on this table because I have a few issues on other PuP tables that I haven’t been able to figure out yet. Not so here….perfect right out of the box. Thankfully.
                            Thanks for sharing this incredible team effort….it’s an awesome show and an even better table.
                            The bar has certainly been raised…..
                            Now pardon me while I go try to find Barb…

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            senseless
                            Participant
                              @senseless

Just wauw Scottywic. So much detail and design went into this masterpiece, I just can’t believe it. I loved the first release but you really outdid yourself on the LE. It is truly a LE and I just have to keep on playing this. Thanks for giving us such a great table and kodus to the community who made this possible.

Johngreve
                              Participant
                                @johngreve

Small potential “bug” report.

I played a couple games where after the multiball the last ball of the multiball drained and the game just stopped responding with the exception of the music kept playing over and over….the same song….if that helps. This happened in both single and two player games.I had to restart table to get things working again.

I also changed Line 82 in the script from 3 to 5 hoping for 5 ball play but the game starts on ball 3 and only lets you play ball3,4 and 5 so your still only getting 3 balls per game.

Great table….having a blast!
                                Thanks again!!

fakingdeath
                                Participant
                                  @fakingdeath

Note: DOF, and MX Leds are not yet correctly implemented. It currently only has the old DOF code in the table and the old DOF on DOF Config Tool. So you will get a lot of good effects…but many are missing or not firing correctly. An update for both the table and DOF will be coming when I’m finished. (hopefully tonight, or tomorrow).

SCOTTY, Amazing work you have here. Ive played several games now and love the backglass work, table too!

Vpinball shows file updated today and you thanked Terry, is this the one with updated dof? Sorry, I’ll modify comment if need be, dumb question..

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

SCOTTY, Amazing work you have here. Ive played several games now and love the backglass work, table too!

Vpinball shows file updated today and you thanked Terry, is this the one with updated dof? Sorry, I’ll modify comment if need be, dumb question..

No..I’m still working on that. MX Leds and DOF Solenoids (and updated SSF) are now done Now its just Shaker, Gear, Fan, and RGB Lights left.

Sadly DOF Config Tool is down, so that not only is holding up my progress….but it’s also impossible for anyone else to get updated DOF for the table, even if I was done.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Hyperspin board must be having issues huh? Hope they get it fixed quickly. Dof tool is very important site

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TylerDurden67
                                      Participant
                                        @tylerdurden67

great table dude!

i really enjoy it

i found an ‘bug’

when in the upside down,if you nudge the table,the main soundtrack is coming back,not the upside down’s one.

its cool to heard time after time in the upside down world,btw :yes:

Bary Mckockiner
                                        Participant
                                          @gr3mlin

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:

:good: :good:   :good:

This table is nothing short of amazing. I noticed in the credits it said built with “orbital collective”. I was curious what that was.

Thanks for an Aweosme table

Scottywic
                                          Participant
                                            @scottywic

This table is nothing short of amazing. I noticed in the credits it said built with “orbital collective”. I was curious what that was.

So Orbital isnt really a thing yet… but my plan  is a few things.

1. to create a framework for others to use to make building originals easier
                                            2. to create a “collective” if you will of the best visual pinball creators from across the globe to collaborate on making originals
                                            3. have a company name / brand to maybe one day build physical tables for these

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 244 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?