Stranger Things: Stranger Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Scottywic
    Participant
      @scottywic

Great table. My question is I am playing this on a desktop and the default pinup dmd takes up too much space so how do I make it smaller?

i play them site by side on my monitor, just setup your backglass to be smaller in the pup settings.

Scottywic
      Participant
        @scottywic

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for this beautiful work.

I encouter a “strange” bug with my config. Everything loads well, i see the table, backglass video is ok, sounds are ok (thanks for thriller ;) ) i can play but… no scores and no text on the backglass…. (help text for exemple).

I can see it just in the beginning when i launch the table, but once loaded, nothing :wacko:

I did install twice, everything is done as described in your comments.

Here’s a video of my problem (i tried to delete the b2s, same thing occurs).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kvfCEaq9cxL1kCzcdQME-Au12sPCW6Xv/view?usp=sharing

If someone can help, go on! :bye:

Best regards

Someone on facebook also had this problem, David and I tried to help and didn’t find a solution. David asked him to make a thread over on the pinup threads here. Maybe check there and see if they fixed it.

misfit
        Participant
          @edavis

I’m running into a weird crashing bug with my cab setup. Not sure if it’s the same as the previous post, but I don’t think so. I follows install instructions verbatim and the table loaded up just fine. I played a few games without issue. I then exited and closed down VPX so I could add the table to my PinballX menu setup. Now no matter how I start the table (via VPX directly or via PinballX) everything things appears to load up – DMD, backglass, and table…but after a few seconds VPX crashes. The only thing I can find to indicate what happened are 2 Windows event log entries:

Application: VPinballX.exe
          Framework Version: v4.0.30319
          Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
          Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 004A6457
          Stack:

**************************************************************************

Faulting application name: VPinballX.exe, version: 10.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x5999f1f6
          Faulting module name: VPinballX.exe, version: 10.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x5999f1f6
          Exception code: 0xc0000005
          Fault offset: 0x000a6457
          Faulting process id: 0x19a8
          Faulting application start time: 0x01d3d12d8a0ebef1
          Faulting application path: C:\Visual Pinball\VPinballX.exe
          Faulting module path: C:\Visual Pinball\VPinballX.exe
          Report Id: 7932d56b-443e-47d0-adc7-174e39d135c4
          Faulting package full name:
          Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any thoughts? My setup usually works just fine with just about anything I throw at it. Not really sure what the root cause may be…

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I’m running into a weird crashing bug with my cab setup. Not sure if it’s the same as the previous post, but I don’t think so. I follows install instructions verbatim and the table loaded up just fine. I played a few games without issue. I then exited and closed down VPX so I could add the table to my PinballX menu setup. Now no matter how I start the table (via VPX directly or via PinballX) everything things appears to load up – DMD, backglass, and table…but after a few seconds VPX crashes. The only thing I can find to indicate what happened are 2 Windows event log entries:

Stack:

Faulting application name: VPinballX.exe, version: 10.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x5999f1f6

Any thoughts? My setup usually works just fine with just about anything I throw at it. Not really sure what the root cause may be…

Everyone needs to be updated to latest VPX 10.5 beta. I think having older versions is what is causing some crashes.

misfit
            Participant
              @edavis

Stack:

Everyone needs to be updated to latest VPX 10.5 beta. I think having older versions is what is causing some crashes.

Upgrading to latest 10.5 beta did the trick. Thanks, Terry!  :good:

blackvulcan3
              Participant
                @blackvulcan3

No dice ScottyWic, still can’t access it. It just bounces back to the password entry screen.

I have tried cutting and pasting the password, manually entering it, like I said on both Safari and Chrome.

I am on a mac in Australia, if that makes a difference. I will try my actual cabinet on teamviewer to see if it is a mac thing.

EDIT – So I tried through the cabinet on PC (Win 10) Chrome, nothing, just in the lower left hand corner of the Chrome Tab it flashes waiting for nofile.io, then it flashes a green box in the top right “File Unlocked, you’ve entered the correct password” but doesn’t download. Just sits on the screen with STLE.zip in the larger blue box in the centre of the screen.

This is then the address once it does not download – https://nofile.io/f/JuKjTVqEUKf/invalidSession

So I signed up to dropbox and like Snoz above the download is only 10kb through dropbox.

Manddrakke
                Participant
                  @manddrakke

Please make a Desktop version without PinUPPlayer, a normal DMD.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Scotty’s new updated table is out! Don’t forget to update your DOF config files from DOF Config Tool website guys in order to get the new updated DOF and MX leds!

DOF feedback and lighting updates:
                    – solenoids feedback now complete and correct
                    – shaker motor for Hawkens van and “cinematic” moments
                    – blower fan for Demogorgon screams
                    – gear motor for when Demogorgon comes out and goes back
                    – MX leds updated with new effects
                    – MX led effects for ramps and orbit particle effects change colour to match Gi and game mode
                    – RGB undercab changes colour to match Gi and game mode
                    – RGB 5 flashers now updated and complete
                    – Beacon light now activates to match the table’s beacon
                    – Strobes updated

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Please make a Desktop version without PinUPPlayer, a normal DMD.

Go PuP or go home…  ;)

Manddrakke
                      Participant
                        @manddrakke

Pass!

senseless
                        Participant
                          @senseless

For those who have issues with the popper disappearing (despite poppervideo =1 and topper Always On):

(Check from NailBuster, big thanks for helping out solving this mistery):

Check if you have *.pup files in your root folder of pupvideos\stle. If so, delete them!

I did have files and think there came with the beta version of STLE. After deleting them the popper works like a charm and doesn’t disappear anymore :).

3 users thanked author for this post.
                          NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

….glad you got that sorted.  BUT the reason you or others may have PUP files in STLE folder is that some people are trying to use PinUPPackEditor.exe on stle… DO NOT…  stle is all script based so all changes need to be script based.

having those pup files/settings will make the b2s pup ‘compete’ with the script pup and can cause some pupdisplay issues.

Scottywic
                            Participant
                              @scottywic

Pass!

don’t care =)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              TerryRed
                                @terryred

@randr

To anyone who has a shaker motor in their cab….could you please try the newest update of the table with my updated DOF on DOF Config Tool? I want to know if my intensity level settings are good or too much for the shaker (I still don’t have one).

You should feel the shaker during the “R….U….N…” video when the letters light up…and when the Demogorgon appears. Also during the “Will is Hiding” video.

During the final battle, each time you hit the monster, the shaker goes off. With every hit of the monster (20 needed), the intensity level increases from 20 up to 40.

All of the above can be adjusted for anyone in their own custom config for this table in DOF Config Tool, if they find its too high. Just adjust the lxx value for each Exxx trigger in the shaker section.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I’ll try it but won’t have time until Saturday so maybe someone willl beat me to it.

@manddrakke
                                  I was not into this pup thing either but the stranger things made me install it and I love it for originals this really is an amazing build that shows what can be done so you really should play it!

********************************************************
                                  Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                  for IOS and Android

********************************************************

blackvulcan3
                                  Participant
                                    @blackvulcan3

It never ceases to amaze me the willingness of authors in our community to assist all of the people around the globe to play their wonderful tables. Thanks so much Scotty, can’t wait to play this tonight.

rablack97
                                    Participant
                                      @rablack97

anybody having focus issues using vpx, no matter what i do the game starts with the focus on pinballx instead of the actual table to start the game.  alt-tab bring up all of the windows and this game has a alot of them. i have to alt-tab to the table and then hitting 1 starts the game.

This only happens with this game, other VPX pup games load and start fine.

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

anybody having focus issues using vpx, no matter what i do the game starts with the focus on pinballx instead of the actual table to start the game. alt-tab bring up all of the windows and this game has a alot of them. i have to alt-tab to the table and then hitting 1 starts the game.

This only happens with this game, other VPX pup games load and start fine.

Try removing the directb2s for the table…and its possible the directb2s for the original table could be getting loaded (if you have it) if the *.vpx file for the Stranger Edition and any directb2s filenames match close enough. You have no need for a directb2s with this…and they can cause focus issues….especially if you dont run exclusive fullscreen.

rablack97
                                        Participant
                                          @rablack97

That didn’t work either, removed the older table, and removed the new b2s.  Still have to alt-tab before the table registers start button.

I ran NB’s Pup avatar tables and that loads fine, seems to to be specific to this table.

disabled ultradmd, and topper, still no focus w/i PBX.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

That didn’t work either, removed the older table, and removed the new b2s. Still have to alt-tab before the table registers start button.

I ran NB’s Pup avatar tables and that loads fine, seems to to be specific to this table.

disabled ultradmd, and topper, still no focus w/i PBX.

Are you running exclusive fullscreen?

Does this work fine when run outside of PBX?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 244 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?