Stranger Things: Stranger Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    robertms
    Participant
      @mophead

I agree with Mark70, this is a whole new level for originals. Once you get it working correctly it will blow you away! Beautifully executed in every way from table design, rules, playability, physics, graphics, media quality and integration, artwork, colors, sound effects and music, just BRILLIANT. Hats off and many thanks to Scottywic and all contributors for job incredibly well done!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Scottywic
      Participant
        @scottywic

To be clear, will 1.4 no longer work with previous configurations? i.e. If you want to play 1.4 you need to install PinUP system?

Nope it will work just fine.  :good:

redrooster
        Participant
          @redrooster

This is my first attempt at PUP or anything related to it.  So i’ll apologize in advance for ignorance, you can scold if you wish, but I’m just looking to get this running.

I have the original version of this game working with the DMD and sound.

So far with this version, I followed the installation instructions to a T.  I can technically play it, but I have table sounds but no music, no videos, and the backglass appears upon launch but then disappears intermittently while there is text (hints, score, etc…) but no picture.

The DMD is only the walkie-talkie and score, nothing else, not sure if it is supposed to be like that or not.

Updated to 10.5 beta as directed earlier in this thread, no change.  The directions say to put the STLE folder into the PUPvideos folder that is created, i’ve done that, but maybe that folder is not in the right place?  Should it be in my VpinMame folder?

Any and all help or guidance is appreciated.

Scottywic
          Participant
            @scottywic

This is my first attempt at PUP or anything related to it. So i’ll apologize in advance for ignorance, you can scold if you wish, but I’m just looking to get this running.

I have the original version of this game working with the DMD and sound.

So far with this version, I followed the installation instructions to a T. I can technically play it, but I have table sounds but no music, no videos, and the backglass appears upon launch but then disappears intermittently while there is text (hints, score, etc…) but no picture.

The DMD is only the walkie-talkie and score, nothing else, not sure if it is supposed to be like that or not.

Updated to 10.5 beta as directed earlier in this thread, no change. The directions say to put the STLE folder into the PUPvideos folder that is created, i’ve done that, but maybe that folder is not in the right place? Should it be in my VpinMame folder?
            Any and all help or guidance is appreciated.

If you have just installed the new pinup popper system then this folder will be in

C / Pinupsystem / PUPVideos
            you’ll drop the STLE folder in there. The issues you’re having are just related to the media not being found so it’s just in the wrong place.

On the DMD, yes the ultradmd is now just a scoring dmd and not necessary as all of the scoring and videos actually happens on the main backglass now. But i coded it in for people that have 3rd screens or actual dmds and didn’t want to leave it empty.

Iain
            Participant
              @iain1986

Hey

So I finally managed to get the videos onto my cabinet, and the tables amazing! Everything is really working well together.

For info, i’m still on VPX 10.4 and I had PinUP player installed before this new Pinup and Popper installer, i’ve upgraded Pinup Player to the “latest” for the standalone before venturing into switching it out for the new Pinpup system.

I am seeing one issue though on my cabinet and don’t know if anyone else is seeing the same. The text that displays in the center of the Backglass is only ever on 1 line with multiple lines rendering over the top of each other (for example, the Launch Ball text is over the top of …i think…’Ball 2′ or something like that).

Any ideas? Is this a bug fixed in the new Pinup system?

Scottywic
              Participant
                @scottywic

Hey

So I finally managed to get the videos onto my cabinet, and the tables amazing! Everything is really working well together.

For info, i’m still on VPX 10.4 and I had PinUP player installed before this new Pinup and Popper installer, i’ve upgraded Pinup Player to the “latest” for the standalone before venturing into switching it out for the new Pinpup system.

I am seeing one issue though on my cabinet and don’t know if anyone else is seeing the same. The text that displays in the center of the Backglass is only ever on 1 line with multiple lines rendering over the top of each other (for example, the Launch Ball text is over the top of …i think…’Ball 2′ or something like that).

Any ideas? Is this a bug fixed in the new Pinup system?

Hmm that would be due to needing pinup 1.3 I used to serve the beta along with this. If you install the pinup system you don’t have to use the popper. I would just install that and then you can keep with pbx or whatever youre on. Note when you install pinup system then you’ll most likely need to move the videos to the new folder it creates.

Also if you’re just like… meh, that’s fine. Here is the 1.3 beta files for pinup. Drop these in your pinup folder (after unzipping) and replace the files in there that have the same names.  – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YfSdK7ddV09PYDoZ8XggMx2aW_dTBv1H/view?usp=sharing

Scottywic
                Participant
                  @scottywic

btw here is a good example of what the backglass should look like

https://video.fapa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t43.1792-2/29802484_218640492224286_1506522627328442368_n.mp4?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJybHIiOjE2MDUsInJsYSI6MTAyNCwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&rl=1605&vabr=1070&oh=c44ad8a4a6294d7e9b1ca2dabd30feff&oe=5AD4FB27

or here – https://www.instagram.com/p/BhN9fDeBOLH/?taken-by=scottywic

Iain
                  Participant
                    @iain1986

Cheers Scottywic. The 1.3 beta fixed it and the text no longer overlaps at all!

I’m sticking with this for now as I’m gonna put some time aside in the future to switch over to the new Pinup System

Scottywic
                    Participant
                      @scottywic

Cheers Scottywic. The 1.3 beta fixed it and the text no longer overlaps at all!

I’m sticking with this for now as I’m gonna put some time aside in the future to switch over to the new Pinup System

you do you bud, thanks for playing.

redrooster
                      Participant
                        @redrooster

I’ve done everything I know how to do here.  Installed into my existing VP folder, created new ones, any and everything, and i just can’t get this thing to work.  Doesn’t seem to find that STLE file no matter where I put it.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

I cant get this working on my cab! lmao how shameful is that.

I can play but cannot get music or videos…I put the stle in the proper pack folder unzipped…what am I missing? the frontend does work fine so assumed this would just work

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

GAH1068
                          Participant
                            @gah1068

Very impressive.  I was skeptical of the PUP table but it really does add the whole experience.

I have everything running but my PinDMDV3.     This is my first attempt at using UltraDMD. so I am very fuzzy on how it functions.    I am getting the UltraDMD vitual dmd displaying in game but assumed it would use DMDDevice.dll to display on the PinDMDV3?   Should a real DMD work or is this a  virtual dmd only table?

I edited the table script and set UltraDMD to 1 to enable the DMD.

I have DMDExt installed in the VpinMame and everything is working fine with regular VPX tables with B2S.,  I also have my PINDMDV3 working properly with FX3 and Pinball Arcade tables using DMDEXT

I tried renaming pindmd.dll to pindmd.dll.old and the copied the newer dmddevice.ini and dmddevice.dll to the Virtual Pinball\XDMD directory.  That apparently wasn’t the issue as  UltraDMD no longer starts so I removed and renamed pindmd.dll back and it works again.

Thanks and great work!!

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I figured it out. :wacko:

for IOS and Android

redrooster
                              Participant
                                @redrooster

I figured it out. :wacko:

Can you tell me what you did?  I’ve got the same problem.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I put STLE media folder in one to deep directory structure.

should be like this

C:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\STLE

I had it like this

C:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\STLE\STLE

stupid mistake

for IOS and Android

GAH1068
                                  Participant
                                    @gah1068

I figred out the issue with UltraDMD displaying on a PinDMD3.      I needed to replace the XDMD.DLL and XDMDNative.DLL that were located in the XDMD directory with the ones from Lucky’s SAM build.   You also need to copy his specific DMDDevice.Dll to the XDMD directory.

Now to download more PUP tables and packs!   :good:

Pix
                                    Participant
                                      @pixelito

Normally I just kinda lurk here but I wanted to post and say thank you for the awesome table!

Everything is running great but I do have a question that is caused by a quirk of my cab and not your work. Due to clipping issues in certain tables, I turned my amp way up and I lower the volume in tables so that everything is at a decent level with no clipping or crackling audio from some roms. Sadly this has meant that I can’t play most original tables (without going deaf or busting out the ol’ keyboard to adjust system volume) like the earlier version of this or Diablo since the audio is coming from video files and I haven’t found a way to adjust all that.

I saw that you added volume adjustments in your script and I messed around with them but they made no difference. Even turning them to zero had no effect. Is there something that I’m messing up or some sort of solution for adjusting everything?

Scottywic
                                      Participant
                                        @scottywic

Hmm. That’s odd you must have some kinda override then cause those script settings change it all. Maybe it’s ai pinup setting?

redrooster
                                        Participant
                                          @redrooster

Just to piggyback my earlier frustration…it is now working, and was not working earlier due to having VLC3.0…

Used a link i found here to go back to an older version, works like a champ.  Such an awesome upgrade, i’m glad i was able to get it going.

Thank you!

Slydog43
                                          Participant
                                            @slydog43

Is this 1.4.1?  Incredible table, really top notch.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 244 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?